Petr Cech

eldo

And i agree with this. I think you have not understood anything i said. At no time have I hinted that the club should have forcing Cech to fulfill his contract. They did the right thing let it go. What I'm trying to say is that it is unfair to say that the club decided to throw him out because it is not true. They would have been happy if Cech would have decided to stay.

But they know that Cech deciding to stay was never a real option, he was always going to leave and thus by choosing (rightly) to bring Thibaut back they've decided that Cech is no longer needed and hence in a sense threw him out. The club's decision to bring Thibaut is the main factor in Petr leaving, not his own will to leave the club.

Lack of class if he leaves for arsenal.

No chance. He has demonstrated his 'class' already by sitting on the bench for a year and helping break Thibaut in while being under no pressure to do so. Not many players in his position would've spent the season being understudy.

But now he's a professional and you can't take that away from him. I'm just as gutted as everyone else that it looks like it's going to be Arsenal but hey, it is what it is.

But they know that Cech deciding to stay was never a real option, he was always going to leave and thus by choosing (rightly) to bring Thibaut back they've decided that Cech is no longer needed and hence in a sense threw him out. The club's decision to bring Thibaut is the main factor in Petr leaving, not his own will to leave the club.

I work in a company and my boss decide assign my tasks to someone else but tells me he wants me to stay, and still i want to go and find another job. The decision it is mine, not of my boss. If i say that my boss to throw me out when expressly told me he wanted me to stay, from my point of view, i'd be lying. This is my opinion and also applies in the case of Cech.

Unfortunately we're not in a position to play hard ball here, because the player himself desperately want the move, and most importantly every human in the world has know about it. I bet Jose want to do swap deal, but ended up couldn't get anyone if Wenger say no. This is what I questioned couple of weeks ago.

We have a power to set the price, but we also have an agreement with Cech to let him go, wherever he want. That is the problem to begin with. Leave alone the swap deal which is much more complicated, what if we set £20m but Arsenal only want to pay £10m? In the end we will never get that £20m, leave alone we want to include specific player on it.

This is the worst post in TalkChelsea history.

Lack of class from Petr Cech? My goodness. You are absolutely clueless.

For any Chelsea legend join a direct rival, I see it as a lack of class. Just like lamps. That's my opinion, you don't have to agree.

This is the worst post in TalkChelsea history.

Lack of class from Petr Cech? My goodness. You are absolutely clueless.

So we are gonna cheer him after every save he makes vs us??? He is joining our rival. That's the end of our love stories with Cech.

We should ask ourselves why is he joining Arsenal ? Petr knows that even heading to PSG will give him more titles that going to AFC, I really think that he simply need to stay in London and he sees Arsenal as the perfect club to end his career, I dont think he has much of a choice, or maybe i'm naive.

That is a horrible comparison.

I think this is a better comparison. Assume that you are a one of the main executive in one company, you are a legend work there for years. Suddenly your company hire a new younger executive to replace you. You are now "vice" executive with very little influence. Of course your company still want you to stay just in case but you know you can get an executive job in similar size firm.

So yes it is true that it is your decision to move but essentially your company "indirectly" force you to move.

It is the same comparison that I put but more detailed. ^^

And no, the company is not forcing me to nothing because the decision is mine. Therefore, I take responsibility. Have never liked me taking a victimization attitude nor i like to feel that i am a victim of circumstances. It reminds me of those people who hates his job but not leave because not get another and lives complaining that feels like a slave. These people are free to leave their job and if they don't, for whatever reason, is his decision. Similarly, the people who complain that they have missed work when actually had the option to stay but under less favorable conditions.

Arsenal are willing to make Petr Cech the highest paid goalkeeper in the club’s history on around £100,000-a-week, according to the Telegraph.
A deal to take Cech from Chelsea to Arsenal is reportedly moving closer and the newspaper report that Arsene Wenger is happy for Cech to join Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez among the select group of Arsenal players on more than £100,000-a-week.
He is reportedly on £90,000-a-week at Stamford Bridge.

I'll say again.

A player who wants to be loyal to this club, but still stay in London, should put aside personal glory of wanting to stay in the Champions League, and in Petr's case, simply chase the league record at a club like Crystal Palace or even Fulham.

The board should have blocked this move and Roman's cute little gesture to Petr allowing him to choose any club he wants is a very bad way to run a business. Strengthening a rival especially in a position they've been crying out for an improvement in for years is a boneheaded decision.

Suddenly Arsenal have the best goalkeeper in the league. Good one, Roman.