Petr Cech

eldo

I'll say again.

A player who wants to be loyal to this club, but still stay in London, should put aside personal glory of wanting to stay in the Champions League, and in Petr's case, simply chase the league record at a club like Crystal Palace or even Fulham.

The board should have blocked this move and Roman's cute little gesture to Petr allowing him to choose any club he wants is a very bad way to run a business. Strengthening a rival especially in a position they've been crying out for an improvement in for years is a boneheaded decision.

Suddenly Arsenal have the best goalkeeper in the league. Good one, Roman.

Then let me remind you that Chelsea FC is a club, not a business. It has a heart and soul, a business "club" is Newcastle, where the owner puts profit before the club. If Roman ran it that way then we would now be mid table.

I'll say again.

A player who wants to be loyal to this club, but still stay in London, should put aside personal glory of wanting to stay in the Champions League, and in Petr's case, simply chase the league record at a club like Crystal Palace or even Fulham.

The board should have blocked this move and Roman's cute little gesture to Petr allowing him to choose any club he wants is a very bad way to run a business. Strengthening a rival especially in a position they've been crying out for an improvement in for years is a boneheaded decision.

Suddenly Arsenal have the best goalkeeper in the league. Good one, Roman.

3rd best goalkeeper , but yes. Only hope is that we can buy one of their players. We have to get something from this.

Still don't know...

A tough decision. I understand mate. Its awful losing our favourite player. But since seeing Frankie in that awful color blue it made me realize we should be about the club 1st. We can love what they do for us but we cant afford sentiment in team selection. But then again I will always love Zola. (But he never buggered off to the Gooners Ha!)

The way i look at it, loyalty is a two way street. Clubs will not hesitate to discard a player after they are no longer useful, fans will turn on a legend if they overstay(think Raul), why the hell would you expect players to be loyal?

I guess it is easy for most to be a hypocrite.

If most of you were in Cech shoes you would do the same. If he can't spend the rest of his career as Chelsea no.1 GK, then the next best choice for him would be Arsenal. It makes perfect sense for Cech.

The way i look at it, loyalty is a two way street. Clubs will not hesitate to discard a player after they are no longer useful, fans will turn on a legend if they overstay(think Raul), why the hell would you expect players to be loyal?

I guess it is easy for most to be a hypocrite.

If most of you were in Cech shoes you would do the same. If he can't spend the rest of his career as Chelsea no.1 GK, then the next best choice for him would be Arsenal. It makes perfect sense for Cech.

I was there for his 1st game for us and the guys brilliant.

But it depends on your character I suppose.

I understand its just a job to him with no love or loyalty to nobody but himself and family.

But he didnt umm and arr when he took over from Cudi when he had a knock. He didnt moan saying no I cant take his job.

He could have played out his contract with us or gone to Mou with his problem. If he said look Ive played 15 games this season and Id like to stay If I could play 'x' games Id stay and fight for my position just like any other position on the pitch.

I love the guy but why should he get preferential treatment. Hes had the choice to play anywhere in the world yet hes gone to one of the teams we hate. You cant tell me that hasn;t crossed his mind at some point. Maybe hes doing it just to be a C.