West Ham v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk of possible Jose sacking already? Some people never seem to amaze me :fainthv9:

The problem is that only one or two people make that type of comment and then, all of a sudden, the whole forum goes nuts and start discussing stupid things like Jose getting saked.

Members should just ignore when they see stupid posts...

(it would help the forums a lot)

Not Azpi on the left again, please! We have a perfectly good LB in Bertrand yet Jose is almost certain to start a RB there!

Bertand hasn't been available for selection though. Because he's been out with an injury that he picked up before the game against Schalke.

Why Azpi hasn't done anything wrong at LB? In fact he has been better than Cole has there in my eyes.

Defensively, yeah. But he's rarely in the opposition half because he doesn't trust his left foot on the ball. I wouldn't mind him him against a team that will attack but we can't be that narrow again against a team that is coming to defend.

Bertand hasn't been available for selection though. Because he's been out with an injury that he picked up before the game against Schalke.

It was just a knock. IIRC he was available for WBA.

Defensively, yeah. But he's rarely in the opposition half because he doesn't trust his left foot on the ball. I wouldn't mind him him against a team that will attack but we can't be that narrow again against a team that is coming to defend.

You think West Ham at home will defend?

:rolleyes:

You think West Ham at home will defend?

Not as much WBA did, but they'll keep men in their half and rely on long balls. We've been suffering against teams that play long balls because Jose's system is to suffocate the opposition on the wings which leaves a bit of space in the "hole". Surely Big Sam will realize that they are the best team to take advantage of this. The solution on our part might be playing JT a few yards in front of the rest of the back four like we did against Villa.

Lampard will start for sure, hopefully he does bettet than his previous performances.

I sincerely hope that's not the case.

He has been nothing short of terrible for us and for England. It's a game worth 3 points, no need for passengers in the side in makeshift positions they can't fill. Enough is enough.

I sincerely hope that's not the case.

He has been nothing short of terrible for us and for England. It's a game worth 3 points, no need for passengers in the side in makeshift positions they can't fill. Enough is enough.

That's not accurate. He's had good games and bad games, so even his harshest critic would only call him inconsistent. I can point to games where he's been good as well.

What did he do? Piss in your pint once? Sorry about that. :beer:

Ashley Cole may be a doubt for Chelsea’s weekend Premier League outing to West Ham after he aggravated his rib injury during England’s clash with Germany, I read.

Now, why was he playing if he was not fit yet ?

Meaningless game & now he might be out for another week or so.

Not Azpi on the left again, please! We have a perfectly good LB in Bertrand yet Jose is almost certain to start a RB there!

Playing Azpi at LB has seen us defend narrow and to even counter oppositions playing with inverted wingers. While West Ham do that, they are not afraid or alien to the idea of having wingers on the correct side to put crosses in and stretch the play. We can't afford to let that happen, certainly not too often.

When do the Brazillians arrive in London btw? I guess they'll get a day off tommorow, and that will leave them with only 1 training session before our match at saturday. I can see José starting with Hazard/Mata/Schürrle to give these lads some extra rest, but on the other hand i doubt it he starts without Ramires.

When do the Brazillians arrive in London btw? I guess they'll get a day off tommorow, and that will leave them with only 1 training session before our match at saturday. I can see José starting with Hazard/Mata/Schürrle to give these lads some extra rest, but on the other hand i doubt it he starts without Ramires.

Good point.

The good thing is that none of them played that much football during their international break, Ramires being the one who played the least if I'm not mistaken, which means he should be alright. Willian hasn't played that many games anyway as he took a while to get fit, and Luiz has been on the bench here, the only one I see Mourinho pondering resting is Oscar.