West Ham v Chelsea

Jase

This game is a must win game. The way we have struggled to break down teams in the first half cannot be afforded here. We need to attack and score early and we just havent found the right formula against defensive teams with 4-2-3-1.

But 3-5-2 tears defensive teams apart.

You know alardyce more than me, he is a master tactician. West ham have conceded one of the fewest goals this season, if we go with 4-2-3-1 and play like recently we will not even score.

Alardyce master tactician??? Well now i have read everything. And oh i saw a flying pig yesterday.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is a must win game. The way we have struggled to break down teams in the first half cannot be afforded here. We need to attack and score early and we just havent found the right formula against defensive teams with 4-2-3-1.

But 3-5-2 tears defensive teams apart.

You know alardyce more than me, he is a master tactician. West ham have conceded one of the fewest goals this season, if we go with 4-2-3-1 and play like recently we will not even score.

In what sense has the 3-5-2 or ours tear defensive teams apart?

We may have had some joy with it this season but that's because we started throwing more attacking players on the pitch (some even playing as FBs) and the oppositions didn't have the time and/or couldn't react quickly enough to the change. It's just sheer persistence and pressure that has got us over the line with that formation this season. And moreover, let's not forget we also got exposed and had luck on our side such as the games against Norwich and Cardiff. Could have conceded the second goal, when at 1-1, but didn't and we managed to get some luck in the end at both ends. The 3-5-2 system is not all that conquering and great like you're making it out to be. With Mourinho, that formation is only meant to be a Plan B, nothing more.

Here's two (encouraging, maybe) stats ahead of this game...

1. West Ham have only won 1 of their 5 Premier League games at Upton Park this season - D1 L3. That win was a 2-0 success over Cardiff back in August.

2. West Ham have only won 2 of their 11 Premier League games this season - 2-0 win vs Cardiff and 3-0 vs Tottenham. (In other words, they haven't won when teams scored against them...or when they have not scored themselves. :lol:)

Alardyce master tactician??? Well now i have read everything. And oh i saw a flying pig yesterday

calm down dude. alardyce is a good defensive strategist. Unless you started watching premier league last season then i can understand if u dont understand

calm down dude. alardyce is a good defensive strategist. Unless you started watching premier league last season then i can understand if u dont understand

Yep agree. No one knows how to organize a better defense than Big Sam does.

We may have had some joy with it this season but that's because we started throwing more attacking players on the pitch (some even playing as FBs) and the oppositions didn't have the time and/or couldn't react quickly enough to the change. It's just sheer persistence and pressure that has got us over the line with that formation this season. And moreover, let's not forget we also got exposed and had luck on our side such as the games against Norwich and Cardiff. Could have conceded the second goal, when at 1-1, but didn't and we managed to get some luck in the end at both ends. The 3-5-2 system is not all that conquering and great like you're making it out to be. With Mourinho, that formation is only meant to be a Plan B, nothing more.

You are making it seem like I've thrown away the whole team, no.

The starters are still the same, they can easily switch back to a 4-2-3-1 at any point in the match. I'm busy right now, I'll be back.

Can you boldly tell me that we have looked more threatning than when we changed to 3-5-2 against small teams?? The plan B can be used earlier to relieve the pressure from the team.

The formation i put is just a tactical change that can render westham's game strategy useless. Why??

Because they wont expect it. and will line up to do what westbrom and newcastle did to us in the first half.

The same players can still switch back to 4-2-3-1

cech

ivanovic terry luiz

willian ramires mikel bertrand

mata

Eto/torres Hazard

cech

ivanovic terry luiz bertrand

mikel ramires

willian mata hazard

eto/torres

The same players can switch formations in the first half and get an early goal instead of waiting to see how we can break the defence till the second half and then changing when its too late. Juventus do this all the time, its not like i created it out of no where

Calm down? what the hell dude you just called Alardyce a Master tactician? i guess you also rate RDM as a "Master Tactician" just because he can set up good a good defensive unit...

Calm down? what the hell dude you just called Alardyce a Master tactician? i guess you also rate RDM as a "Master Tactician" just because he can set up good a good defensive unit...

I think what he meant by saying master tactician is that Allardyce is one of the best in the leagues when it comes to hardcore English defending. You're seeing it in a different sense than he is.