West Ham v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you boldly tell me that we have looked more threatning than when we changed to 3-5-2 against small teams?? The plan B can be used earlier to relieve the pressure from the team.

The formation i put is just a tactical change that can render westham's game strategy useless. Why??

Because they wont expect it. and will line up to do what westbrom and newcastle did to us in the first half.

The same players can still switch back to 4-2-3-1

cech

ivanovic terry luiz

willian ramires mikel bertrand

mata

Eto/torres Hazard

cech

ivanovic terry luiz bertrand

mikel ramires

willian mata hazard

eto/torres

The same players can switch formations in the first half and get an early goal instead of waiting to see how we can break the defence till the second half and then changing when its too late. Juventus do this all the time, its not like i created it out of no where

1. How sure are you that the change to a 3-5-2 formation will suddenly work and make us play better? Every time when we do that in games is because of the reasons I have mentioned in the previous post and also for the fact that we needed to win the game. There was extra pressure and hence came more urgency in the play. How about if the players actually start putting in more effort and commitment from the first minute to begin with? I don't get why people always to think a change of formation will suddenly turn a team's average-poor performances into a great one. It's not always that simple.

2. On paper, the 3-5-2 may look like a decent formation and setup to play but it's not as simple as it looks to carry out. The formation is essentially and will have problems against teams with wingers or wing plays. And that is one of, if not their main, strengths of West Ham. It doesn't matter whether they expect it or not. It boils down to the mentality of the players when the game kicks off. For all you know, if we are slow to turn up and still slowly adjusting to this change of formation all of sudden and West Ham immediately turn it on and score, then what? Change to a 3-4-3 formation?

3. The 3-5-2 formation have worked for Juventus because they have trained and work on it for ages now and also the nature of Serie A suits it. If we are already having problems in playing well and arguably even, still trying to understand what Mourinho wants from the team, why try to complicate matters by switching to a whole different formation altogether when we have to start from the basics to get it right?

We may have switched to that formation during games but I doubt Mourinho really put in extensive training into that with the players compare to if the 3-5-2 system was actually the default formation for a team to begin with.

1. How sure are you that the change to a 3-5-2 formation will suddenly work and make us play better? Every time when we do that in games is because of the reasons I have mentioned in the previous post and also for the fact that we needed to win the game. There was extra pressure and hence came more urgency in the play. How about if the players actually start putting in more effort and commitment from the first minute to begin with? I don't get why people always to think a change of formation will suddenly turn a team's average-poor performances into a great one. It's not always that simple.

2. On paper, the 3-5-2 may look like a decent formation and setup to play but it's not as simple as it looks to carry out. The formation is essentially and will have problems against teams with wingers or wing plays. And that is one of, if not their main, strengths of West Ham. It doesn't matter whether they expect it or not. It boils down to the mentality of the players when the game kicks off. For all you know, if we are slow to turn up and still slowly adjusting to this change of formation all of sudden and West Ham immediately turn it on and score, then what? Change to a 3-4-3 formation?

3. The 3-5-2 formation have worked for Juventus because they have trained and work on it for ages now and also the nature of Serie A suits it. If we are already having problems in playing well and arguably even, still trying to understand what Mourinho wants from the team, why try to complicate matters by switching to a whole different formation altogether when we have to start from the basics if we are to get it right?

We may have switched to that formation during games but I doubt Mourinho really put in extensive training into that with the players compare to if the 3-5-2 system was actually the default formation for a team to begin with.

All I was suggesting is a quick fix of our attacking problems early in the first half since this is a must win game.

1. We have been changing to 3-5-2 because we were under pressure to win and it worked. Now what stops us from putting out a group of players that can switch between the two formations without making any subs early when things are slow in the first half?

Nothing wrong there. The players can just switch position to get the goal early instead of hoping an ivanovic cross will find somebody.

2. If west ham score in the first half, then we change to the 3-5-2 to rescue us in the 2nd half. We would have just wasted 60mins of hoping instead of doing it early on in the first half to try and lead before halftime.

3. What I said is juventus change formations during matches, like against madrid. They played 4-3-3 and pushed chellini to leftback. Its just a tactical switch.

They know what they have to do in that formation since we've used it a few times now. By 15 mins mourinho can see if westham prepared 2 blocks of 4 to stop us and smartly change to the 3-5-2 early on to suprise them. No need for subs because the same players can play that position. :)

All I was suggesting is a quick fix of our attacking problems early in the first half since this is a must win game.

1. We have been changing to 3-5-2 because we were under pressure to win and it worked. Now what stops us from putting out a group of players that can switch between the two formations without making any subs early when things are slow in the first half?

Nothing wrong there. The players can just switch position to get the goal early instead of hoping an ivanovic cross will find somebody.

2. If west ham score in the first half, then we change to the 3-5-2 to rescue us in the 2nd half. We would have just wasted 60mins of hoping instead of doing it early on in the first half to try and lead before halftime.

3. What I said is juventus change formations during matches, like against madrid. They played 4-3-3 and pushed chellini to leftback. Its just a tactical switch.

They know what they have to do in that formation since we've used it a few times now. By 15 mins mourinho can see if westham prepared 2 blocks of 4 to stop us and smartly change to the 3-5-2 early on to suprise them. No need for subs because the same players can play that position. :)

I get what you mean but like I've been saying, that's all hypothetical situation and won't necessarily work out. Not as simple as it looks.

If the players actually turn up and put in 100% effort and commitment from the first minute till the last, we wouldn't even be talking about changing the formation to this and that!

Somebody has been playing a little bit to much FM...

Well, we all know Sam is going to play defensively. However, can Jose find some pot holes in it ?

That's the million dollar question. I expect to see Ivanovic having plenty of possession down the right flank and being generally rubbish at crossing yet again. we lack ideas atm. sometimes I wonder what they do in training.

I get what you mean but like I've been saying, that's all hypothetical situation and won't necessarily work out. Not as simple as it looks.

If the players actually turn up and put in 100% effort and commitment from the first minute till the last, we wouldn't even be talking about changing the formation to this and that!

That's a huge problem, we don't know if they'll turn up. Its a derby so I hope they're fired up for this.

Don't worry this tactics discussion is too much for u to grasp. :)

I'll get in touch with u when I see pigs flying though

tactic discussion? you're just coming with stupid points and Bluesmaster just knocks all of them back...

tactic discussion? you're just coming with stupid points and Bluesmaster just knocks all of them back...

Ok now, calm down lads. Don't need to get into petty fights over something here. Just agree to disagree or ignore one another..