West Ham v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That can practically be applied to just about every game and week...

could, but after a draw and a defeat and when all the other top teams at the table are facing one another except for us, it does make this week relatively more crucial than others imo

would be really interesting to see the team selection for this match. with the brazil hardly having time to train with the team and jet-lag issues, i would start this team

cech

iva cahill JT azpi (bert -if fit)

mikel rambo

hazard mata schurrle

torres

hoping for a good performance but not expecting one. we are definitely goin to struggle tomorrow against whu's physicality.

Personally, I expect nothing, but a win tomorrow. No matter how, just win baby.

There are some crucial games between now & the end of December. I hope, I am not wrong, but Chelsea must win most of these games, maybe a draw here & there. To seriously challenge for PL the club must do well in the next 8-10 games. Either Chelsea shows us " the real deal " or the club will hover around 3rd or 4th places. Good luck.

The show must go on, starting tomorrow.

Im i the only one that wants us to start with 3-5-2 and score quickly instead of waiting till the second half?

cech

Ivanovic terry cahill

willian ramires mikel bertrand

mata

Eto Hazard

West ham wont see this coming, their two banks of four will be rendered useless from the go and we can switch back to our usual 4-2-3-1 after we score

cech

ivanovic cahill terry bertrand

ramires mikel

willian mata hazard

Eto/torres

Im i the only one that wants us to start with 3-5-2 and score quickly instead of waiting till the second half?

cech

Ivanovic terry cahill

willian ramires mikel bertrand

mata

Eto Hazard

West ham wont see this coming, their two banks of four will be rendered useless from the go and we can switch back to our usual 4-2-3-1 after we score

cech

ivanovic cahill terry bertrand

ramires mikel

willian mata hazard

Eto/torres

3-5-2 is never gonna be starting formation for us, not with Mourinho. It's only gonna be the usual backup plan.

The problem now isn't so much gotta do with the formation but just the level and consistency of performances haven't been good enough. If everybody is performing at their best, the default 4-2-3-1 wouldn't really be an issue (despite its flaws with certain players in positions). We are only switching to the 3-5-2 because of the desperate performances we have been seeing.

3-5-2 is never gonna be starting formation for us, not with Mourinho. It's only gonna be the usual backup plan.

The problem now isn't so much gotta do with the formation but just the level and consistency of performances haven't been good enough. If everybody is performing at their best, the default 4-2-3-1 wouldn't really be an issue (despite its flaws with certain players in positions). We are only switching to the 3-5-2 because of the desperate performances we have been seeing.

This game is a must win game. The way we have struggled to break down teams in the first half cannot be afforded here. We need to attack and score early and we just havent found the right formula against defensive teams with 4-2-3-1.

But 3-5-2 tears defensive teams apart.

You know alardyce more than me, he is a master tactician. West ham have conceded one of the fewest goals this season, if we go with 4-2-3-1 and play like recently we will not even score.