Fernando Torres

LOL, Dirk Kuyt is a second rate player now?

Playing and starting for Holland makes you a second rate player?

Who on Chelsea has the international pedigree of Kuyt?

Ummm, Liverpool did quite well in Champs League when torres was there...

Come off it. I'm from Holland and I can tell you Kuyt, who I love to bits due to his work ethic, was never really a first rate player, simply because he was misused by Liverpool because Fernando was there - a guy that used to score for fun at Feyenoord was pretty much shunned out wide. He only regularly played because the team needed balance - however, our best performances recently (e.g. WC 2010) he wasn't a starting player.

Who at Chelsea has the international pedigree of Kuyt? Is that a serious question? Hahahaha! I'm not sure if you've heard of the likes of Petr Cech, Ashley Cole, John Terry, Frank Lampard, and not to mention even our own Fernando Torres!

Liverpool didn't do well in the CL when Torres was there, the reason Torres left Liverpool was because he never won any trophies! You must be getting confused.

You know what guys?

After reading this, I think Torres 50 million price tag was justify despite being a flop!

Mata is also quick to reveal another of the reasons he came to London - Spain and Chelsea team-mate Fernando Torres.

"He (Torres) was calling me, trying to get me here," Mata added. "He knew I would enjoy it here. I am grateful to him - he was an important part to why I came."

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/news/8711399/chelsea-playmaker-juan-mata-tells-special-report-he-feels-right-at-home-in-london

If it wasn't for Mata we would be totally useless!

Thank god that we got Torres, and Torres help us got Mata.....well at least something to like about Torres instead of all the hate. :D

Do you guys ever feel like u really hate this guy, but on a personal level?

For me its always been hate towards his game, but off the pitch I even kinda like him. Like I would be gutted if I ever met him. No hate on a personal level at all.

You know what guys?

After reading this, I think Torres 50 million price tag was justify despite being a flop!

Mata is also quick to reveal another of the reasons he came to London - Spain and Chelsea team-mate Fernando Torres.

"He (Torres) was calling me, trying to get me here," Mata added. "He knew I would enjoy it here. I am grateful to him - he was an important part to why I came."

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/news/8711399/chelsea-playmaker-juan-mata-tells-special-report-he-feels-right-at-home-in-london

If it wasn't for Mata we would be totally useless!

Thank god that we got Torres, and Torres help us got Mata.....well at least something to like about Torres instead of all the hate. :D

yes I've said a couple of times that we should just imagine that we paid 70m for Mata and got Torres on a free lol that would even things out a bit

Can't hate him, I feel like he really does try for us now, it's obvious he's been putting work into his fitness as well.

For some reason he's lost his true striker qualities and I think it's impossible for him to find them.

I genuinely want him to succeed, both here but I'd rather him do it at another club. If he went to another league and did well, I wouldn't be infuriated, just upset that he could never do well here. I can appreciate what he's done in Europa if I don't factor in his wages/transfer fee.

Honestly, if he was signed for 12 million and was on 50,000 a week wages, he'd be one of my more liked players for his hustle and goal scoring in Europe. Sadly we pay much, much more for him and he can't live up to it so I'd like the club to move on from him as soon as possible of course.

Certainly can't say I hate him personally at all, even if I hate that we signed him.

I actually wouldnt mind seeing him here next season.

We already know we are buying a World class Striker this transfer window, and Lukaku wants to continue his development elsewhere for the next season.

Having Someone Like Cavani as our main striker, followed by Demba Ba and Torres would give us good depth.

Torres has played better this season and improved his fitness. Hazard and co. have helped him improve his overall game a bit too. He is now a decent dribbler and aerially better too.

He has looked good when playing with another striker as well , whenever 2 have been played.

So, if we play 4-4-2 or even single striker upfront, why not keep him in our squad.

Obviously he wont be First choice, but wouldnt be 3rd choice either.

Then, at the end of next season, when Lukaku will return to Chelsea and Torres has 2 years left on his contract, we can sell him and get a decent price too.

If Mourinho can work his magic and use Torres efficiently, then that can be great.

Play Torres against weaker teams while playing Cavani or whoever comes in important games, keeping them both fit, scoring, and injury free.

Also over the course of his Chelsea career, after the frustration of the way he was playing, he has got better this season, and is on an upward curve, a slow upward curve.

More than anything, he has finally imbibed the chelsea way, and is now a Try-er. He does put in a shift and make the effort.

At the end of the day, if we buy someone new, i still want a try-er like Torres to be on the Bench to change things.