Fernando Torres

For the next 10 days, Fernando Torres is a reigning World Cup, European Championship, Champions League and Europa League winner.

The first player ever to achieve this haul.

Mata too. Torres has two European Championships though, Mata only one.

Yeah let's all be over critical about his performance tonight - why don't ya?!

The fact is he ran his bollocks off for 95 minutes, some of you need to play 'devils advocate' & give him the credit he deserves. Yeah it maybe too little too late but he delivered, let's have some fair play ffs!

Don't get your hopes up about him leaving. He still has his immense wages. Besides he said, once again, after the game that he hopes to stay at least till his contract expires in 3 years.

If he stays Jose will do the Kaka treatment with him, if he wants regular football he has no choice but to look elsewhere.

Credit where credit is due. Really good off-ball movement putting the defenders under pressure and closing down to them, scored a nice goal (the way he got past Luisao was something I didn't expect from him, tbh) and HE DIDN'T DRIFT TO THE FLANKS (which is one of those things that have pissed me of most about him ever since he joined us, among a lot of other stuff obviously) and kept his position up front.

I'm on the fence in regards to whether or not I'd like to see Fernando stay with us next season. Performance-wise we certainly haven't seen the best of his ability and I doubt we'll see him recapture the levels he amounted to at Liverpool, although he's undoubtedly been involved in the club's success - be that scoring the (potential) winner against Barcelona to send us through to the Champions League final, securing a corner which Drogba scored off to enforce ET against Bayern Munich or putting us ahead against Benfica tonight in the Europa final to land Chelsea their second European trophy in less than a year is simply remarkable. I'm almost positive Roman would pay fifty million for the duo, in hindsight, in my opinion, a not too bad signing.

Was actually impressed with him in the second half. When he started running at defenders he caused problems. Rafa's not made him the 30 goal a season beast he was before but hes slowly improved, hes a bit stronger, a bit faster and a bit sharper. He was probably our best player. Sure it doesn't make up for the piss poor career hes had here but still, he scored when we seriously needed a goal. If we waited any longer Benfica would probably have eventually scored (how the fuck did they only score once btw hahahaha?) and it would have been a different game.