Fernando Torres

I don't get what everyone's moaning about. Torres has been brilliant in the Europa League. Better than great strikers like Samuel Eto'o, Dirk Kuyt, Papiss Cisse, Jermain Defoe, Obafemi Martins and Radamel Falcao

Torres has scored 5 goals in the Europa League this season - Falcao has only 1 - and Atletico have been in the Europa League forever. I don't get why fans want to replace Torres by paying 50million for this Falcao. What's so special about him when he can't even score more than Torres in same competition

:Goober:

iTIRm7uZnlD1c.gif

That goes right up there with his shot that went out for a throw in as well against Sparta Prague. Hilarious.

And you can see Moses and Ramires getting frustrated at that. While it may be encouraging that he is taking shots lately, he might have been better off to actually keep things simple and pass the ball when the shot is not on. I also hate it when he thinks he's Messi and try to dribble past 2-3 players only to then lose the ball needlessly! :doh:

He had a stinker yesterday. But if he wants to keep on scoring, I won't mind.

Id rather see us winning without him scoring, it would increase the chance of him leaving.

I honestly dont even want to see him score ever again. I dont want to see him in a Chelsea shirt.

Id rather see us winning without him scoring, it would increase the chance of him leaving.

I honestly dont even want to see him score ever again. I dont want to see him in a Chelsea shirt.

Because a striker who isn't scoring is easier to sell than one who is??

Not scoring > benched > unhappy at Chelsea > included in some trade-deal

that would be ideal

Yes, but the club we trade him to still needs to want to sign him and traditionally 'goals' have been one of the top five things clubs look for in a striker.

Scoring goals in high-profile matches like last night's can only be a good thing in our efforts to ship him off.

Yes, but the club we trade him to still needs to want to sign him and traditionally 'goals' have been one of the top five things clubs look for in a striker.

Scoring goals in high-profile matches like last night's can only be a good thing in our efforts to ship him off.

I wonder what we were looking for when Torres kept starting games and getting playtime like a baws whilst being utter shit and not scoring...

I wonder what we were looking for when Torres kept starting games and getting playtime like a baws whilst being utter shit and not scoring...

A return to form from a player who cost us £50 million in transfer fees and roughly the same in wages over the length of his contract.

If Ba doesn't play, than FSW and our Board have pretty much sabotaged any chances of a top 4 finish this season, it's a bloody joke - we would have secured top 4 finish if we had played Kalou in front of Mata and Hazard for 2400 minutes. I swear that goal against Basel is probably the first goal Torres scored off a rebound shot this season, most of the time he just looks at disgust from the edge of the area as team mates decide to take a shot instead of threading a ball into his delicate feet so he can loose it, his got the reflexes of a bloody turtle.

"What is this bloody shooting at goal business, pass me the ball into my feet while I'm surrounded by 2 central defenders, bloody idiot"

That's what he is the most likely thing he is probably thinking in his mind, judging from interviews I think he is deluded enough to actually he could do anything when he does occasionally by some miracle actually get that killer ball due to a defensive fuck up by the oppostion.

14 goals in 78 appearances int he League beyond pathetic - the board have done their bloody best to screw us up

I think that since he took that boot to the face, he's said to himself "that's enough of this shit" and he has started to look like player again and 20 goals is still 20 goals incredible I know I had to check.....

all rubbish goals against pub teams. he is a pussy - he will never score against anyone decent.

This is exactly it. Torres has a lot of goals, but not all goals are equal. A breakdown of his goals in Europe, the league, and in domestic cups.

Goals against top 7 teams in England-One

Goals against mid-table teams (8-13)-Zero

Goals against bottom table (15-20)- Seven

Goals against domestic sides below Premier League-Four

Goals against top European sides (CL)-One (and that's being generous to Shakhtar)

Goals against other European sides-Seven

Against Shakhtar, Juventus, and top of the table through mid-table teams in the Premier League, Torres has played 29 games and scored 2 goals. (numbers might be a tiny bit off due to error in manual calculations, but the effect is the same. Torres has sucked against decent opposition. We didn't pay 50M pounds and insane wages to buy someone who can score against Leeds and Rubin Kazan.)

And that Shakhtar goal was pure luck so it's really 1 in 29.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIn_X2VV1dw

I can't believe people are fooled by his goals against rubbish teams and think he's doing well. I really hope they're :Goober: because there's no other explanation for it.

Hopefully some clubs that are Europa league level have been watching Torres' performances...

All we need is one decent bid.