Fernando Torres

Totally agree with Steve. People are frustrated and they are reverting to the usual scapegoats. No Mikel tonight, so it's Torres' turn again.

I personally thought he played quite well. So many excellent runs. It isn't his fault we don't have anyone who is a consistent passer. So many chances where simple through-balls down the channels would have sent him free to send the cross in. Instead, Hazard/Mata/Oscar play inside to Luiz or Ramires constantly. Must be very frustrating for Torres. The proof we can't play with a striker is the fact that last season Drogba did all the leg-work himself to score his brilliant goals, whilst even Ba this season has also struggled.

Totally agree with Steve. People are frustrated and they are reverting to the usual scapegoats. No Mikel tonight, so it's Torres' turn again.

I personally thought he played quite well. So many excellent runs. It isn't his fault we don't have anyone who is a consistent passer. So many chances where simple through-balls down the channels would have sent him free to send the cross in. Instead, Hazard/Mata/Oscar play inside to Luiz or Ramires constantly. Must be very frustrating for Torres. The proof we can't play with a striker is the fact that last season Drogba did all the leg-work himself to score his brilliant goals, whilst even Ba this season has also struggled.

Are u saying that we should play without a striker?

I'm really curious about the formation we will be playing next season.. but probably gonna be the same 4-2-3-1

No, I'm not. I'm saying that we already play without a striker. Our midfield is totally ignorant of Torres' hard work and runs into space, you can forgive his lethargy on the one occasion in 20 the correct ball is played to him.

No, I'm not. I'm saying that we already play without a striker. Our midfield is totally ignorant of Torres' hard work and runs into space, you can forgive his lethargy on the one occasion in 20 the correct ball is played to him.

Oh, got it ..

There was a time near the end where Torres was put through, he just turned inside and showed the ball to Vertonghen who duly tackled.

I dont get how some people can say that Chelsea mistreated Torres..

He kept being 1st choice even though he sucked. We didnt bring any world class striker in the summer.

He's getting endless support from the fans even though he doesnt deserve it.

How the hell is his decline Chelsea's fault ?

When I watched his Chelsea goals and Liverpool one's it was huge difference. He often would get a through ball and just run it. Yes, he doesn't make many runs now because we barely have someone like Xabi Alonso or Gerrard playing. Lampard is benched so yeah.. What case we have here is that we don't play such style. I don't want to defend him, considering he made so many awful mistakes. I'm starting to realise that we just don't suit him that's all. He should just leave us.

Oh get off it he put in a decent shift last night.

Benitez should've subbed him off after 70 or so minutes for Ba. It was clear his tank was empty but he threw himself about well and didn't let Spuds play from the back. Also made a few good runs but wasn't picked out with the final ball once by Mata and once by Hazard.

Ba for Torres, Lampard for Ramires, and Moses for Hazard were the obvious subs everyone but the manager saw needed to be made.

I just finish watching all the goals he scored for Liverpool. I don't recall every seeing him holding up the ball and scoring....

Torres is a finesse player. It's like in basketball, you can't ask finesse players to learn to post up all of a sudden, especially if they don't have the physique/ mentality for it..... Also, now that Juve is potentially signing Higuain, what rich club can afford Torres..

On a side note, this club expects every Cf to play like Drogba, but I'm sure Drogba got sick off having to hold the ball up everytime and expending his body so much.

I just finish watching all the goals he scored for Liverpool. I don't recall every seeing him holding up the ball and scoring....

Torres is a finesse player. It's like in basketball, you can't ask finesse players to learn to post up all of a sudden, especially if they don't have the physique/ mentality for it..... Also, now that Juve is potentially signing Higuain, what rich club can afford Torres..

On a side note, this club expects every Cf to play like Drogba, but I'm sure Drogba got sick off having to hold the ball up everytime and expending his body so much.

couldnt agree more...

we dont fit the man's playing style.

no discredit to either party, just wasnt bound to happen...

he needs those through balls that split defenders,

we play a system where id rather see Gary Cahil be our #9 haha

tumblr_m81xifXPKe1qd8ktwo1_400.png

I agree. The analyses on here are .....

Just no words, really.

Torres is NOT our man. all the rest is .... just bullshit. He knows it, we know it. Just don't go all on about delivery, service, his fragile flair abilities, ...

He had AMPLE chances the last YEARS! In different situations, not to forget. He was the stabile element in changing variables and his status quo was 'sucky', one that sucked the last years...

A true blue 50 star should overcome that. Period. He never did this, despite difference in team, system and service. It was always he who didn't do it. Mismatch very much, no?

All this said while I do think he was decent last weeks and maybe even better than Ba (let's talk about the managerial confidence killing on him instead of service!).

Sigh.

He got injured, he tried rushing himself back for the World cup and it backfired... simple as that. He's lost that yard of pace and has no confidence at all.

He has players like Oscar, Mata and Hazard behind him, no excuses.

So please fuck off with all this bullshit about Chelsea not suiting his style of play, it's total nonsense.

True be told, I think Drogba would of done a lot better on a different team than chelsea.

Torres is not the CF Chelsea needs, however, to bash him, is pretty irrational.

Have you see Mata play for Spain in comparision to Chelsea... Mata was terrible in the Olympics and for the senior team. (Terrible might be an overstatement). However, for Chelsea, he is the our offensive powerhouse.