Fernando Torres

20 useless goals?

Since when has a goal been considered 'useless' in a game of football?

maybe not useless but unimportant. you would expect a 50m striker to do more than score numerous goals in comfortable wins against rubbish teams. the main goal that stands out for me was in the 2-1 win vs arsenal and that was so long ago.

20 useless goals?

Since when has a goal been considered 'useless' in a game of football?

Useless might not be the right word, but if you are up by 3-0 and you score 4-0 in the 87, usually that goal doesnt mean much.

But most importantly, you want goals that are game-changing or really important. Like the goals Didier scored in CL, or always scored on Wembley.

maybe not useless but unimportant. you would expect a 50m striker to do more than score numerous goals in comfortable wins against rubbish teams. the main goal that stands out for me was in the 2-1 win vs arsenal and that was so long ago.

Useless might not be the right word, but if you are up by 3-0 and you score 4-0 in the 87, usually that goal doesnt mean much.

But most importantly, you want goals that are game-changing or really important. Like the goals Didier scored in CL, or always scored on Wembley.

I think and feel the same way as you both about the contribution of Nando's goals. For the sheer favt that a 50 million pound striker should be scoring in big games with big goals and the Arsenal game is one of the only games I can remember him doing it. The open goal miss against United still sticks out a mile in my memoirs of Nando's time here lol. Though they have been of little importance let's at least give him some credit for scoring them and actually helping us get to the Europa final. They might not have all been winners but they can be considered as cousion goals thay let you take your foot of the gas and make substitutions to rest key players in such a busy schedule. Call me an optimist and generous for giving him such credit but I think his 20 or so goals at least deserve as such.

Torres with the assist, played well.... . What do you want from him , he is not G.Bale !!! Mata and Hazard didn't do anything in this match....

:lol2:

No but seriously, nice assist, but he lost so many balls and didnt really do anything important except this assist.

Hazard and Oscar were both very good!

Torres with the assist, played well.... . What do you want from him , he is not G.Bale !!! Mata and Hazard didn't do anything in this match....

Mata was one of our better players. Nearly scored a few, played nice passes and overall played well. Torres assist was a slightly overhit pass meant for Mata, if Ramires wasn't there Dawson was getting that lmao. AND HAZARD DIDN'T DO ANYTHING? What where you watching? He was unbelievable tonight, pity he came off injured.

Yes, an assist where Ramires still had a mountain to climb, but what do you exactly mean under "played well"?

I think you guys are being a tad critical on Torres and just looking for a scape goat. That was no where near a bad performance by him last night. He did what was asked for him for most park and only thing that let him down was his holding up of the ball.

I don't know what saddens me more - how shit Torres was or that Benitez kept him on for the full game. I have two eyes, I guess I can share the tears.

That's abit O.T.T manpe.

He wasn't that bad. He put a good shift in until the 60th minute mark. His lack of being a goal threat is pretty shameful though I must admit.