Oscar

themightyblue

I remember the buzz when we signed him in 2012. Then he comes on away to Wigan (i think) and looks electric. He zooms past defenders, plays clever flicks in behind that we weren't used to seeing in Chelsea blue at the time. Then he makes his full debut. Against Juventus and storms the first half. That second goal where he is standing back to goal, spins around and curls it past Buffon. Then there was the long ranger against Shakhtar catching the keeper out of position but since then, he's only turned in a sprinkling of good performances. 

The things he could have been. Oh well.

But unlike de Bruyne and Mata, who are better than him I think it is the right call to let him leave. I'd let him go for half the money offered

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's all good getting that money but FML! We sold Mata and even De Bruyne just to have him 'provide balance' and look at how that's turned out. :doh::rant:

Yes. This. I remember Mourinho announcing Oscar is the player to build the team around. He dug his own grave there.

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

I remember the buzz when we signed him in 2012. Then he comes on away to Wigan (i think) and looks electric. He zooms past defenders, plays clever flicks in behind that we weren't used to seeing in Chelsea blue at the time. Then he makes his full debut. Against Juventus and storms the first half. That second goal where he is standing back to goal, spins around and curls it past Buffon. Then there was the long ranger against Shakhtar catching the keeper out of position but since then, he's only turned in a sprinkling of good performances. 

The things he could have been. Oh well.

But unlike de Bruyne and Mata, who are better than him I think it is the right call to let him leave. I'd let him go for half the money offered

You're right. Could we sign this player please ? :D:D

Some people tend to forget that most of the South-American / African footballers started to go pro because off the money. They are coming from poor families so, if you can make a living of it why not.

Wish Oscar all the best. Can't blame him for not refusing this kind of money. That goal against CONTE'S Juve was amazing...maybe that's why Antonio has a grudge against him lol.

Also, special thanks to AVB! 

The main source of my frustration player-wise is gone.....looks like I have to pick a new victim.

All jokes aside, thanks for the goals especially the one against Juve, that was spectacular and made me jump out of my seat.

60million for him is hilarious. I hope he enjoys his money, I'm sure he'll be back in Europe within a year or two.

Invest wisely Chelsea! Use this as a learning experience.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

We have just got 60M for a very bog average footballer, we cannot waste this opportunity to use this cash in the right way and the right player/s

i honestly don´t think he was average, a great player on his day, worked his ass off, a shame he lacked the consistency at this level to be even better week in week out, just like Coutinho is for Liverpool, i wish him all the best in the future, i wouldn´t be surprised if another big club from Europe snaps him up in a year or 2. 60 million is great and a lot of money for Oscar and we should invest it properly on reinforcements. Cheers