Oscar

themightyblue

On 12/15/2016 at 1:20 AM, the wes said:

Correct me if I'm wrong did Oscar not turn down a move to China last season?? I have a bad feeling Oscar is going to stay 

not for this amount of money.

60m and 3rd highest wages in the world for the terrible player people here claim he is - sounds like a done deal.

Although I do think he is a good player, he has indeed stagnated and has not been developing the way I (and I assume the club) expected. So, if the numbers are correct, he needs to go... good for the club and excellent for him.

Concerning replacements, we do not need a world class replacement, after all Oscar was a "terrible player," :) so anyone would do. Just don't go for big names, and grab a promising player at a fair price.

Regardless of Oscar's failure to deliver, the idea - of investing in promising young players - is sound as there is really no other alternative. Once a player is considered world class, he immediately becomes extremely hard to sign, not to mention expensive.

I have great respect for every decision made by a single player. If you ask me, ‘Are you sorry?’, then yes, I am sorry. I am sorry because he’s leaving as a really good player and a really good man. I must be honest about this. But, also, I understand him and his decision.”

He is gone.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/16/antonio-conte-urges-players-put-passion-money-oscar-prepares/

I obviously intoxicate myself far too often now; I thought he was part of our CL winning squad, and was thinking who cares if he moves to China, he's won it all!

But regardless, anyone from Brazil has a very different mindset compared to the rest of the footballing world, in a good way, and I'm sure they find genuine pleasure playing in China, unlike the other imports they've had like Drogba & Anelka.

46 minutes ago, iceboy said:

Oscar has said goodbye ahead of Shanghai SIPG move - Willian

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3022097/oscar-has-said-goodbye-ahead-of-shanghai-sipg-move-chelseas-willian

Can't believe this is really happening. Conte isn't making it a secret either. We used to joke about this scenario, a lucrative transfer to China. I use the word "joke" because none of us ever really believed it will happen, but there you go - 60 million for Oscar like lightning out of a clear sky. :blink:

7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah I'm happy that's good money for someone we wanted to sell. 

Now lets either get a good upgrade or if we can't because it's January then a young prospect is okay for now.... 

Enough of feeding the loan army and no need to buy for the sake of buying, with this money we can buy genuine ready-made quality if not in January, then in summer for sure.

16 minutes ago, manpe said:

Enough of feeding the loan army and no need to buy for the sake of buying, with this money we can buy genuine ready-made quality if not in January, then in summer for sure.

The problem getting this money will bring is teams will know it's there.

Speaking totally hypothetically if Hazard put his foot down and said he wants Madrid and only Madrid and they just got £120m for Casemeiro we would want more than that.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

The problem getting this money will bring is teams will know it's there.

Speaking totally hypothetically if Hazard put his foot down and said he wants Madrid and only Madrid and they just got £120m for Casemeiro we would want more than that.

True, but it's better than not having the money. Now they can blackmail us and we can afford it, before they would still blackmail us but we couldn't afford.