Oscar

themightyblue

I know hes not lived up to the potential we hoped but the lads showed moments of pure genius that I thank him for..

His/OUR problem is/was that there just wasn't enough of them.

I dont hate the guy but  just like Mikel/RLC/Iva theyre just collecting dust and need upgrading.

This thread tho is reminding me of Luiz's. Just take a few minutes and take a looksee at some of the hate posts made about him at the time he was leaving!.

Amazing how things change eh!

55 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I know hes not lived up to the potential we hoped but the lads showed moments of pure genius that I thank him for..

His/OUR problem is/was that there just wasn't enough of them.

I dont hate the guy but  just like Mikel/RLC/Iva theyre just collecting dust and need upgrading.

This thread tho is reminding me of Luiz's. Just take a few minutes and take a looksee at some of the hate posts made about him at the time he was leaving!.

Amazing how things change eh!

I was happy when Luiz got sold. I do however believe that there is a difference between the situations. Luiz had clear ability, and a passing range/technique rarely found in central defenders. There were games where he was pure steel in the back, while pinging accurate balls around the pitch. Unfortunately, he also showed a strong tendency to lose his head/focus, and negatively impact a game a bit too often. He played with us for several years, and that tendency did not disappear, so I simply assumed it something he would retain.

Indeed, you can still see it when he plays today, such as when Spurs scored against us lately. For the amount of money offered, selling him was the right choice. The difference to me when comparing with Oscar, is that Luiz only needed to improve his concentration and decision making. If he managed that, he was a world-class defender. Whether it is Conte, his years in Paris, the new formation or whatever, it seems that he has improved enough in those two aspects to be at the very least close to world class. 
For Oscar, I can not say that he is amazing in some regards but just shy of some characteristics to become world-class. He is good at passing, he is strong for his size, he works hard and has a nice shot in him. However, he is not an amazing at any of those areas while also being slow, rarely beating his man and being inconsistent. There is simply too many areas where he is lacking, and some of them are related to what kind of a player he is. He is a Mata that is better defensively, but worse attacking-wise in almost every sense. At best I would put him in a team like Everton, but even then its barely. 

He is average, and I do not see him ever justifying such a transaction fee purely on ability for a team in Europe. The money can be put to much better use, it is an incredible deal for us.

Haha, it took me a long to believe this, but it's really happening. Thanks, Villas-Boas (Now made two good things for Chelsea: purchase of Juan Mata and purchase of Oscar, haha)

I hope that Chelsea use this money in January.

Chelsea midfielder Oscar says he is "90% certain" to move to Chinese Super League club Shanghai SIPG in January.

The fee for the 25-year-old Brazilian midfielder would be around £60m. He joined the Bluesfrom Internacional for £25m in 2012.

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38317936?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Oscar keen to stay at Chelsea despite China link - Sky sources

Chelsea midfielder Oscar is aware of interest in him from China - but could yet be staying at Stamford Bridge, according to Sky sources.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10695728/oscar-keen-to-stay-at-chelsea-despite-china-link-sky-sources

7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Oscar keen to stay at Chelsea despite China link - Sky sources

Chelsea midfielder Oscar is aware of interest in him from China - but could yet be staying at Stamford Bridge, according to Sky sources.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10695728/oscar-keen-to-stay-at-chelsea-despite-china-link-sky-sources

This forum will go into melt down if Oscar stays :ph34r: