Oscar

themightyblue

20 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

How does a player become worse than what he was in the beginning by spending four and a half years at the club playing with Hazard, Mata, Willian, Lampard, Costa, Drogba, Luiz, Terry, Kante and others whilst being coached by Di Matteo, Benitez, Mourinho, Hiddink and Conte? How the hell does he not improve during all those years considering all the facilities, resources and talented people around? How does he become a worse player during that time? Can't really blame lack of playing time either since the club showed incredible patience with him.

So much potential. Wasted potential. Thanks for the memories and enjoy your retirement in China, Oscar.

Ask Mikel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it safe to say Oscar was a flop? Oscar was really frustrating and boring to watch. 90% of his games you got the feeling that he was not even playing (aka useless). He had some great moments in 11/12 season (THAT Juventus game made all of us think about what this guy could do in incoming seasons), but he was still struggling to adapt. I think 13/14 season was his best season where he was no more than an okay player. Despite the fact he started most games in 14/15 season, he was easily the most frustrating and boring player of the starting XI. Few assists, few goals, lacked presence in the mid, usually losing all 1x1 situations against heavier opponents, hidden most part of the matches, then last season he got worst, and for me Oscar represented the awful team that ended in the middle of the table.

I always got the feeling a team will never get a solid midfield as long as Oscar is in the team. Brazil in 2014 WC never had a midfield. Usually relied from direct link from defense to attack, and despite Oscar doing good in debut against Croatia, he was one of the reasons behind the disaster.

• 4 months later...
On 6/22/2017 at 4:27 PM, mccg said:

Oscar gets eight-game ban over 50-man brawl in Chinese Super League match

That sounds absurd to me, even though it is deliberate, how can you give a ban over kicking a ball twice which is well under the rules of football.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...