Daniel Sturridge

the wes

It was probably his first full match as a striker for us, no? Anyway, what I saw today told me that once properly match fit, there won't be many things to criticize him about. A string of starts and he will be kicking them in.

Ok Sturridge didn't play that good, but atleast he is trying to do things that can make him great and improve, its better to shoot in the stars and fail rather than shoot at the mug and succeed like Torres is doing (not doing anything).The guy was trying to beat players, trying to get shots on target, trying to score goals, was a threat.Please remind me what exactly is Torres doing or trying to do compared to young DS ?

So just because you guys think he is better than Torres that makes him good enough for us. They are both shit. Compared to what United and City have. If we dont bring in a competent striker in January we aint winning the league this year.

Didn't have a good game in terms of finishing which is understandable with the minutes he has (not) been getting the past few months. But he kept making runs and getting in good positions which is admirable. I also noticed that his pressing was very good and often led to Manu loosing possession.

Guys lets be honest, if Torres had put in that exact same performance that Sturridge did last night, then he would have been taken to cleaners. Sturridge was falling on the ball, making rash decisions, trying unnecessary tricks and shooting was poor. He grew into the game, but he was never more than 5/6 out of 10. There's no point trying to defend him on order to make a point about Torres because the fact it wasn't a good game for him. The least you could say is that his movement was good, but please he was playing against two championship standard CB's and rarely got any joy against them. A lot of improvement is needed.

What must be remembered as people have said though is that he has rarely played as a lone striker and needs a run of games in order to get into the swing things, and he should be judged then and not now. Hopefully in his next start he can do more to impress as Torres really needs some worthy competition

Guys lets be honest, if Torres had put in that exact same performance that Sturridge did last night, then he would have been taken to cleaners. Sturridge was falling on the ball, making rash decisions, trying unnecessary tricks and shooting was poor. He grew into the game, but he was never more than 5/6 out of 10. There's no point trying to defend him on order to make a point about Torres because the fact it wasn't a good game for him. The least you could say is that his movement was good, but please he was playing against two championship standard CB's and rarely got any joy against them. A lot of improvement is needed.

What must be remembered as people have said though is that he has rarely played as a lone striker and needs a run of games in order to get into the swing things, and he should be judged then and not now. Hopefully in his next start he can do more to impress as Torres really needs some worthy competition

I think he can afford to have one bad game and still have our support since our only other striker has had about 50 of them in the past two years.

So just because you guys think he is better than Torres that makes him good enough for us. They are both shit. Compared to what United and City have. If we dont bring in a competent striker in January we aint winning the league this year.

How is Sturridge suposed to be at RVP's level when he barely even gets a chance to play.Every player even the most special ones need time, game time to unsleash what they got.Torres got 2 years to prove himself and judging by his pathetic performance you can deservedly call him shit but Sturridge, I say give the guy atleast some decent run of games as a starter and as a CF then judge him.For instance I remember young Henry at Arsenal, he was nothing like the beast we know him from his peak years, but Wenger gave him time, playtime and look what happened.

It might just be me but I thought Sturridge was a bit average. He wasn't much better, if at all, than Torres. Not much difference between them IMO. I'd be fine with Sturridge having a string of games to prove himself though.

He offers maybe a bit more directness however he missed some good chances (Which is what Torres is criticized for).

I think he can afford to have one bad game and still have our support since our only other striker has had about 50 of them in the past two years.

Every player deserves support because there all playing for the club we love. However it's just a fact that if it had been Torres that had fallen over from that Victor Moses cross, or Torres trying that backheel at the corner flag or Torres shooting from that ridiculous angle then he'd have been absolutely vilified. Don't think there any need to hide because our strikers should be judged the same. Lets hope Danny can get more starts

It might just be me but I thought Sturridge was a bit average. He wasn't much better, if at all, than Torres. Not much difference between them IMO. I'd be fine with Sturridge having a string of games to prove himself though.

He offers maybe a bit more directness however he missed some good chances (Which is what Torres is criticized for).

It wasn't just you. Was being called awful by majority of opposition fans too.

Every player deserves support because there all playing for the club we love. However it's just a fact that if it had been Torres that had fallen over from that Victor Moses cross, or Torres trying that backheel at the corner flag or Torres shooting from that ridiculous angle then he'd have been absolutely vilified. Don't think there any need to hide because our strikers should be judged the same. Lets hope Danny can get more starts

But they can't be judged the same. If Torres is vilified when he misses an easy chance, it is for all the easy chances that he has been continuously missing not that miss alone. You can't judge a player only on the match he is playing but on all the performances you've seen from him. Otherwise we'd be saying that Lampard is shit if he misses half a chance.

But they can't be judged the same. If Torres is vilified when he misses an easy chance, it is for all the easy chances that he has been continuously missing not that miss alone. You can't judge a player only on the match he is playing but on all the performances you've seen from him. Otherwise we'd be saying that Lampard is shit if he misses half a chance.

Of course they have to be judged the same, judging someone less leniently than another person playing in that same position doesn't make any sense as we should expect a certain standard from a player in that position. Also by your explanation your saying we should not be judging Lampard just on this season but on all of his performances from past seasons? I feel this is also going to go into a Torres debate <_<