Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Sturridge handles the ball much better than Torres and he has a much better view of the game. I mean why do you think Sturridge work as a right winger while Torres barely work as a striker and to work he needs the whole f*cking team to be built around him and everyone have to provide him with good balls.

your opinion mine is different

Wow, so 20 minutes on the right wing proves how he's not allowed to he given a chance over Torres? What about the fact he's got two goals in his last 150mins of playing time, while Torres hasn't scored in over 548 minutes of playing time?

Well, that's how it works. That's what the stupid majority of Chelsea fans thinks.

Torres hasn't done anything that would justify being Drogba's replacement, yet it's still Sturridge who has to prove himself and who isn't suited for being our main striker, despite not being given more than 5 games leading our attack in the last 2 years or so. We don't even know how he'd being doing as our CF if RDM gave him 5-6 starts in a row. But hey ho, fuck that logic, it's Sturridge we're talking about! The greedy, evil Sturridge can't lead our line because he shoots, and therefore, wants to score. Yada yada yada...

Well, that's how it works. That's what the stupid majority of Chelsea fans thinks.

Torres hasn't done anything that would justify being Drogba's replacement, yet it's still Sturridge who has to prove himself and who isn't suited for being our main striker, despite not being given more than 5 games leading our attack in the last 2 years or so. We don't even know how he'd being doing as our CF if RDM gave him 5-6 starts in a row. But hey ho, fuck that logic, it's Sturridge we're talking about! The greedy, evil Sturridge can't lead our line because he shoots, and therefore, wants to score. Yada yada yada...

try expressing an opinion without insulting those whose opinions dont coincide with yours.. what YADA YADA YADA is supposed to mean I have no idea

try expressing an opinion without insulting those whose opinions dont coincide with yours.. what YADA YADA YADA is supposed to mean I have no idea

How shall I call them then if they don't wanna accept a fact? Deluded? Blinded? It's about damn time to come clear. Backing Torres for no logical reason should stop now. He's wasted his opportunities, why not finally start backing a young, very talented striker, who hasn't even had the chance to show us his full potential so far, instead of slagging him with phrases like "He's shooting too much"?!

"Yada yada yada" is another expression for "blah blah blah". It's English, no?

How shall I call them then if they don't wanna accept a fact? Deluded? Blinded? It's about damn time to come clear. Backing Torres for no logical reason should stop now. He's wasted his opportunities, why not finally start backing a young, very talented striker, who hasn't even had the chance to show us his full potential so far, instead of slagging him with phrases like "He's shooting too much"?!

"Yada yada yada" is another expression for "blah blah blah". It's English, no?

Find any post where I state I think Torres is the answer .. I just dont think Sturridge is either. I could say you were deluded in thinking Sturridge is .

At present we are stuck with what we have .I prefer RHUBARB RHUBARB RHUBARB much more class even if it's harder to spell

Find any post where I state I think Torres is the answer .. I just dont think Sturridge is either. I could say you were deluded in thinking Sturridge is .

At present we are stuck with what we have .I prefer RHUBARB RHUBARB RHUBARB much more class even if it's harder to spell

Nowhere saying that you're one of those. The ones will know.

Atm we are stuck with Torres AND Sturridge, yes. But that doesn't mean that the Spaniard has to play every single game while Sturridge is rotting on the bench. It's time for RDM to change things and play Sturridge. It can't get any worse.

Nowhere saying that you're one of those. The ones will know.

Atm we are stuck with Torres AND Sturridge, yes. But that doesn't mean that the Spaniard has to play every single game while Sturridge is rotting on the bench. It's time for RDM to change things and play Sturridge. It can't get any worse.

I won't disagree with that . I would even try Moses as main striker

You might be right but I dont think we can judge sturridge by just the few chances he has gotten. He deserves a fair chance exactly like Torres, which imo has gotten to many chances and has to step away and give some chances for some1 like sturridge.

EDIT: About Moses, ive heard that he played quiet a few games as a CF in Wigan. Does any1 know how he did?

You might be right but I dont think we can judge sturridge by just the few chances he has gotten. He deserves a fair chance exactly like Torres, which imo has gotten to many chances and has to step away and give some chances for some1 like sturridge.

EDIT: About Moses, ive heard that he played quiet a few games as a CF in Wigan. Does any1 know how he did?

Im just going mainly on the little Ive seen when he played against us and in his short time for us . He looks strong and fast so possibly worth a try

Sturridge never passes and only shoots which, so that's probably why no one saw it. Of course when he does shoot, that's when everyone notices(!)

The Sturridge-never-passes-and-only-shoots talk has gone to far. Yes, he is a bit ego sometimes but nothing out of the world as a striker. He do tend to make some really nice passes at time, like the pass to Moses against United, which Torres is no way near being able to do.

Torres at least provides a link . I dont think Sturridge can do this

I think that's why di Matteo prefers Torres to Sturridge. Many people think he's utter shit, but his linkup with players around him is superb. He's also one of the better passers and crossers on the team and is fairly good at holding up the ball. The only two bad problems he has are that he's hopelessly indecisive when in on goal and that he never seems to be in the right position. Sturridge, on the other hand, is terrible at pretty much everything Torres is good at and good at pretty much everything Torres is bad at. He doesn't provide a good link like Torres, and his crossing and passing are terrible, but he never thinks twice to shoot and makes some very sweet runs.

Now, I don't think the team needs a player like Torres when Mata, Oscar and Hazard are all playing. The trio behind him have been able to provide him so many great opportunities to score, even though he's not always in the right place. He sometimes even gets three clear-cut chances in a game and still fails to score. Even if Sturridge proves to be a bit of a negative to the team effort, with the support he gets, he should be able to score many goals, and I think the team will benefit more that way.

The Sturridge-never-passes-and-only-shoots talk has gone to far. Yes, he is a bit ego sometimes but nothing out of the world as a striker. He do tend to make some really nice passes at time, like the pass to Moses against United, which Torres is no way near being able to do.

Sorry, if it didn't come across there I was attempting to be sarcastic with my post.

Against United in the first half other than the 3 times he was put through Sturridge did not lose possession, and he saw a lot of the ball.

Since recovering from his injury Sturridge has outscored Torres - doesn't matter how much Torres cost and the fact he is making £180k per week, he will have to fight for his place in the team now. He has had 2 months as an automatic first choice striker. He has played 1400 minutes this season with the likes of Oscar; Hazard and Mata and scored 6 goals. That's a goal every 232 minutes. He is the most dispossessed striker in a top 4 club - loosing the ball or passing into an opposition player 5 times per match. He has the lowest passing completion out of any striker in our rivals. For comparison Sturridge has played a total of 186 minutes and scored two goals a goal every 93 minutes, he barely looses the ball(w/out at least getting a foul) due to his better dribbling; first touch and speed. His passing is not that bad, he setup Moses 3 times against United; Hazard once against Donetsk.

Consider the amount of time and the amount of excuses Torres has been given - to give Sturridge even a few starts in a row doesn't even come close to the amount of chances Torres has had.

Than in the winter we will surely sign another forward, until than we should be playing the striker who is not afraid of the opposition goal.

Why write off Sturridge without even giving him a run of a few games up top at our club. Fact is there is issues with Sturridge that need to be addressed but it would be fair if he was given a few starts right now to prove himself. Lets see if his "selfish" attitude would really be such a hindrance to the team or whether he is only perceived as such because of the immense pressure to prove himself in a limited amount of time he is given. Sure he made three awful decisions during the United game, but consider the fact that Nando looses the ball at least 5 times per game and what is worse loosing the ball 5 times a game without even getting into a position to influence play or taking a shot ?

Fact is that I'd be having similar comments right now about Lukaku right now if he was our second choice striker and Sturridge was out on loan. I just don't see how either Lukaku or Sturridge can do any worse at the moment.