Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I think sturridge needs to back. As a striker, you shouldn't been playing like he did yesterday against Man U. We could have scored about 10 goals. Man U did not have a good day and we had all the chances to hammer them. Sturridge and Romeu's performance was abysmal

Of course they have to be judged the same, judging someone less leniently than another person playing in that same position doesn't make any sense as we should expect a certain standard from a player in that position. Also by your explanation your saying we should not be judging Lampard just on this season but on all of his performances from past seasons? I feel this is also going to go into a Torres debate <_<

Moses had a better game than Mata yesterday, should Mata be benched for Moses in the next games?

One of the best tap ins i have ever seen!

y2VTm.gif

:Goober:

And still this is probably the one and only "wow" goal he has scored for merely 2 years playing in Chelsea shirt.You can bet that even Mikel if played like striker for 2 years and ~80 games will score atleast one screamer.

One of the best tap ins i have ever seen! :Goober:

y2VTm.gif

Well that is his job to score such goals but what happened after that?

Sturridge scored much more goals outside the box than Torres did for Chelsea. For example :

- vs QPR

- vs Bolton

- vs Newcastle

And still this is probably the one and only "wow" goal he has scored for merely 2 years playing in Chelsea shirt.You can bet that even Mikel if played like striker for 2 years and ~80 games will score atleast one screamer.

Well that is his job to score such goals but what happened after that?

Sturridge scored much more goals outside the box than Torres did for Chelsea. For example :

- vs QPR

- vs Bolton

- vs Newcastle

Seriously why do people care about what kind of goals Torres scores as long as he scores and Chelsea wins who cares! i would be over the moon if Torres scores 30 tap ins this season! and i bet any striker in world would love to score a bucket load of tap ins in a season.

At the end of the day the guy got a goal and set up two goal-scoring chances for Moses. If that's him being 'abysmal' and 'awful' and other crass hyperbole that's been said, I can't wait till he's actually given a few more chances, and is allowed to improve to the point of being 'good'.

He played a lot better after his goal, but he was not good before scoring. Moses took a lot of correct decisions even though he fluffed a bunch of chances, something which Sturridge needs to work on but I liked how Moses; Danny and Hazard combined it looked like those three had great understanding on the field.

I hope the reason he was making these rush decisions is due to the hunger to get on the scoresheet - and hopefully he gets another chance up top soon so we have more than one game to base an opinion upon. If it's the case of really wanting to get that goal, hopefully when gets a run and is scoring regularly he won't be taking such bad decision especially from the by line with players better positioned and available inside the box. I don't really begrudge any shoots when he is facing the goal centrally but those two shots from the byline he made were extremely poor decision making.

Well this thread got extremely sarcastic just then but anyway...

Daniel sturridge hasn't played many games for us in his "Preferred position".. In fact i don't remeber the last time he started a game leading the line before yesterdays game, so no matter how much we want him to do well it takes time. He played pretty badly early on, messing up some great chances especially a beauty of a chance created by moses. But after that he played better. He also did create some good chances, most notably to moses who should have scored.

So whilst he didn't have a great game, i think we were all expecting too much. Danny will be annoyed he didn't do as well as he could have done as he hasn't been getting many oppertunities, but hopefully he will get more chances to play and torres will start to perform better.

"Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo says he has no intention of offloading Daniel Sturridge during the winter transfer"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8216845/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Di Matteo said: "I get asked about speculation but I am very happy with him. He scored a goal and had a number of good chances.

"He's our striker and as far as I'm concerned he's part of this team."