Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I dont blame him to be poor. It was his first full match in a while. I blame him for his selfish play. By all this time on the bench, he probably couldnt advance in shooting, but progress should be seen in his head - team work.

I can bet you any money people will be wanting a new striker in now because of this.

You can clearly tell Sturridge has great talent, i don't think he's a CF If I'm honest with you, infact he's just an allround attacking player, great squad player to bring on and should mostly be playing on wings and behind a striker. He has great skill and technique, that ball to Moses was class, his finish in the United game was also brilliant. He's a very good player young Danny, be gutted if he goes, but unfortunately i can see it happening.

Thing is i would love Danny to stay here, but it's a shame he has such a big ego, and unfortuantely i cannot see it happening. He would be a great player to rotate with the likes of Oscar/Mata/Hazard/who ever we have as Striker

Got loads of pace, has a nice bit of vision, has incredibly underrated dribbling, love his first touches also and his fancy flicks. He's the type of player you would want to bring on for Hazard if he's having a bad game and we need to attack more.

But i think it's obvious his future does not lie here.

If we have a chance to get a player like Falcao, it does not matter how well Sturidge plays.

For those saying he was poor tonight, did any of you think he would be anything other than poor? I think I've seen enough of Sturridge now to know that he is not gonna cut it as a top striker. I heard a good quote this evening, it was 'if Sturridge was food he would eat himself.' And thats true. He's far too selfish to play for Chelsea. He was perfect at Bolton where he could do what he wanted and no one would mind. You just have to look at Hazard for tonights 5th goal, do you think Sturridge would have seen that pass? and if he did would he have played it or tired to shoot himself? Im certain it would be the latter. Thats the differnce between the players who get in the team and Daniel. He's the type of player who doesnt mind losing as long as he's scored and played well.

I think time is definately up for Torres at Chelsea, but unfortunately, Sturridge is not the answer.

He was poor, but he needs a string of games before he deserves all the ridiculous criticism he's getting.

yeah, people seem to think that was once come back from injury your 100%.

overal he had a good game, at least he scored compared to the other guy. he worked hard for the team and although he made some very silly judgments like trying to score when on the line he did play some beautiful passes to moses who unfortunately couldn't finish. i got to say a one-two punch of moses and studge can be something special down the line.

I can bet you any money people will be wanting a new striker in now because of this.

You can clearly tell Sturridge has great talent, i don't think he's a CF If I'm honest with you, infact he's just an allround attacking player, great squad player to bring on and should mostly be playing on wings and behind a striker. He has great skill and technique, that ball to Moses was class, his finish in the United game was also brilliant. He's a very good player young Danny, be gutted if he goes, but unfortunately i can see it happening.

Thing is i would love Danny to stay here, but it's a shame he has such a big ego, and unfortuantely i cannot see it happening. He would be a great player to rotate with the likes of Oscar/Mata/Hazard/who ever we have as Striker

Got loads of pace, has a nice bit of vision, has incredibly underrated dribbling, love his first touches also and his fancy flicks. He's the type of player you would want to bring on for Hazard if he's having a bad game and we need to attack more.

But i think it's obvious his future does not lie here.

Completely agree, I think Sturridge will flourish, playing behind a true CF. The kid knows how to score, has quite a few tricks up his sleeve...but unfortunately, I see him leaving Chelsea in search of more first team football.

I can't count how many games Torres has had with us which were worse than what Sturridge had tonight.

I expect even more support for Sturridge considering the fact he cost us way less, has never just walked down the tunnel after being subbed off, didn't come from a scum team, blah blah blah, I could go on and on.

Sturridge was constantly beating defenders, applying pressure, closing down opponents and creating magic with Moses.

He lacked composure at times, was unlucky with a touch or two, and took as many shots as he could when at times passing was the better option - but who wouldn't play in such a way after spending the previous season on the wing, then being kept out of the team by a misfiring striker who gets more support than the actual club itself at times?

The worst thing I read during the same was something to do with Torres being the better passer out of the two.

Our striker isn't supposed to be a playmaker. Our striker is supposed to do what Sturridge did tonight - hassle the opposition at all times; something we see very rarely from Fernando.

Finally; Keep in mind he just had an injury not that long ago, and has started for us as a central striker maybe 5 times in his career, if even that.

I seem to remember you denying he had been injured and it was just RDM refusing to start him

Completely agree, I think Sturridge will flourish, playing behind a true CF. The kid knows how to score, has quite a few tricks up his sleeve...but unfortunately, I see him leaving Chelsea in search of more first team football.

what formation are you playing with Danny behind a striker???

For those saying he was poor tonight, did any of you think he would be anything other than poor? I think I've seen enough of Sturridge now to know that he is not gonna cut it as a top striker. I heard a good quote this evening, it was 'if Sturridge was food he would eat himself.' And thats true. He's far too selfish to play for Chelsea. He was perfect at Bolton where he could do what he wanted and no one would mind. You just have to look at Hazard for tonights 5th goal, do you think Sturridge would have seen that pass? and if he did would he have played it or tired to shoot himself? Im certain it would be the latter. Thats the differnce between the players who get in the team and Daniel. He's the type of player who doesnt mind losing as long as he's scored and played well.

I think time is definately up for Torres at Chelsea, but unfortunately, Sturridge is not the answer.

Why are you comparing Sturridge to Hazard? Everyone knows Sturridge has an ego, that he's selfish..blah blah...but at least he tries to shoot on goal, unlike Torres. I bet Torres wouldn't have scored the 4th goal tonight.

I thought he had a pretty bad before his goal after the goal I saw the qualities I've always noticed in Sturridge.

Needed to do a lot better than he did tonight - hopefully next chance he gets to play up top from the start he will play the way he did after he scored otherwise no chance he will make it.

I can't count how many games Torres has had with us which were worse than what Sturridge had tonight.

I expect even more support for Sturridge considering the fact he cost us way less, has never just walked down the tunnel after being subbed off, didn't come from a scum team, blah blah blah, I could go on and on.

Sturridge was constantly beating defenders, applying pressure, closing down opponents and creating magic with Moses.

He lacked composure at times, was unlucky with a touch or two, and took as many shots as he could when at times passing was the better option - but who wouldn't play in such a way after spending the previous season on the wing, then being kept out of the team by a misfiring striker who gets more support than the actual club itself at times?

The worst thing I read during the same was something to do with Torres being the better passer out of the two.

Our striker isn't supposed to be a playmaker. Our striker is supposed to do what Sturridge did tonight - hassle the opposition at all times; something we see very rarely from Fernando.

Finally; Keep in mind he just had an injury not that long ago, and has started for us as a central striker maybe 5 times in his career, if even that.

Good post, but i'd just like to mention he was up against 2 youth team CB's, not doing any of the things you said would have been criminal really.