David Luiz

the wes

35 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Thank you, Luiz for the memories and also for moving out .... wished it would had been some other club than Arsenal but ... never mind. 

One request though, could you also take your buddy & partner Willian with you maybe in Jan ... that would be a good gesture for the drama you pulled off. 

Thank you again. 

I think this means Willian is much more likely to leave next summer and I still think the number 10 was given to him as it’s his fine season even if he signs a new deal.

Just now, Styl1994 said:

I think this means Willian is much more likely to leave next summer and I still think the number 10 was given to him as it’s his fine season even if he signs a new deal.

He has to leave. Period!!! Nothing likely about it ... Guess he is just lucky that we have a ban and are short in the wingers dept. 

7 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Robbie is just another Arsenal Fan TV bellend, that deluded bunch actually believe their own hype, at the end of the day we beat their asses in Europe more than once and win trophies when it matters most.

More like Arsenal were desperate for a center back and promised playing time to a Declining 32 year old David Luiz because thats how bad their center backs options are. Meanwhile we Rüdiger who is great, Christensen who I think will have a big season and was outstanding in Europa League Final and Zouma who along with Maguire and VVD were the three best center backs in the league last season imo. All three of them would get in the Arsenal team.

10 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Well it does provides us with entertainment when they lose ... :P :P :P

it sure does, that Mr DT sure has a very punchable face, what an annoying and arrogant cunt, he talks like Arsenal have been the best club in London for the past 15 years, what a joke.

1 hour ago, coolhead23 said:

Just as expected Arsenal' Mr DT in all praise about Luiz. And the best part I like the reasons behind Luiz moving to Arsenal ... guess what *Drums roll* Arsenal are a bigger club than Chelsea, more trophies than Chelsea and that prompted David Luiz to move to Arsenal .... that is f**king hysterical. 

Going by his theory, I'm glad that Luiz at 32 suddenly developed brains.... or lost them ... we will never know

He needs to be careful.

If the next 15 years go like the last 15 we will have 11 titles, 12 FA Cup's, 8 League Cup's, 4 CL's and 2 Europa's while they will have 13 titles, 16 FA Cup's and 2 League Cup's . History's the only thing they've got on us in the present day and they're potential a decade away from losing even that.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

He needs to be careful.

If the next 15 years go like the last 15 we will have 11 titles, 12 FA Cup's, 8 League Cup's, 4 CL's and 2 Europa's while they will have 13 titles, 16 FA Cup's and 2 League Cup's . History's the only thing they've got on us in the present day and they're potential a decade away from losing even that.

Well said!!!

I feel even after the next 2 decades, they will just keep going back to how many they won once upon a time and they were the Invincibles  ... Wouldnt have much to talk abt

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

So, Luiz didn't want to fight for his place...

This just confirms it, but I dont think anyone should be surprised.

Luiz, in my humble opinion, was one of the most overrated, entitled footballer EVER.

Left chelsea as soon as Jose made it clear that he was not first choice, left psg when marquinhos took his spot, again left us when lamps wont make him first choice.

Just shows the mentality or the complete lack of it. 

He is a poor defender, with an eye for a pass, thats it. He will fit in well with arsenal where when they win, he will look world class, and on the rest of the days, he can simply bend over and let attackers butt-fuck him (7-1). 

Like I said before, GOOD RIDDANCE

7 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Just as expected Arsenal' Mr DT in all praise about Luiz. And the best part I like the reasons behind Luiz moving to Arsenal ... guess what *Drums roll* Arsenal are a bigger club than Chelsea, more trophies than Chelsea and that prompted David Luiz to move to Arsenal .... that is f**king hysterical. 

Going by his theory, I'm glad that Luiz at 32 suddenly developed brains.... or lost them ... we will never know

This is going to end worse than their cech delusions.

Trying to chase down the exact info, but my father says Luiz's new 2 year contract (with us, until 2021) was for £150K per week (he was on £120K)

If so

we actually increased our bottom line by £23.6m (wages plus the £8m)

if his contract was for the same £120K per week we still added £21.48m to our net bottom line

we also tied up Arse over the last 3, 4 days from going out and actually getting a truly good CB

plus we removed locker room poison and a player who had a terrible pre-season, a player who was exposed against SHIT teams, shit players

so I am going to call this a win

especially if Luiz costs Arse a few games, which he surely did for us last year (I think some forget just how POOR he was on so many occasions, especially in the first half of the season)

if Tomori comes good (he and Zouma are my number one concerns, plus how many league goals our three strikers score), then this turns into a massive win

Just now, Vesper said:

Trying to chase down the exact info, but my father says Luiz's new 2 year contract (with us, until 2021) was for £150K per week (he was on £120K)

If so

we actually increased our bottom line by £23.6m (wages plus the £8m)

if his contract was for the same £120K per week we still added £21.48m to our net bottom line

we also tied up Arse over the last 3, 4 days from going out and actually getting a truly good CB

plus we removed locker room poison and a player who had a terrible pre-season, a player who was exposed against SHIT teams, shit players

so I am going to call this a win

especially if Luiz costs Arse a few games, which he surely did for us last year (I think some forget just how POOR he was on so many occasions, especially in the first half of the season)

if Tomori comes good (he and Zouma are my number one concerns, plus how many league goals our three strikers score), then this turns into a massive win

Luiz going to Arsenal might come back to haunt us in the short term but long term wise, think we'll be fine. Much as I'm annoyed selling to a direct rival, Arsenal haven't solved their long standing issues in that defence. They have basically just put a band-aid over it.

10 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

more trophies than Chelsea and that prompted David Luiz to move to Arsenal .... that is f**king hysterical. 

Total top flight club trophies since founding

Chelsea  31 (46 counting minor and war time, 64 counting pre-season) 66 total counting the 2 Division Two trophies

The only major still-running trophy we do not have is the FIFA World Club Cup (one of these days!, but only way in is to win the CL)! Fucking Corinthians (the only non UEFA team to win it since the first 3 years of the comp, ffs) beat us 1 nil on December 16th, 2012, Paolo Guerrero's 69th minute goal, grrrrrr, I am still livid about that) We never got a shot at the old Intercontinental Cup (now merged, since 2004, into the FIFA World Club Cup) (Manure is the only English team to win it, in 1999, Victimpool failed twice, Villa and Nottingham Forest failed once each)

Bonus stats, the only year both the FIFA World Club Cup and the Intercontinental Cup were both played was 2000 (the first year of the FWCC), and Real Madrid could have won both but they lost both (runners up in the IC  to Boca Juniors and finshed 4th in the FWCC, losing to a shit Nexaca team in PK's after missing out by 1 on GD to Corinthians, who ended up winning it) Real did win the Intercontinental Cup in 2002, BUT the FIFA World Club Cup was cancelled for 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004, after which (The Intercontinental Cup's last year was 2004) both tournaments were folded into the FIFA World Club Cup as it is today) Real has now won it 4 times, more than any other team, (2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018) Barca has 3 wins, no other club has more than 2 (Corinthians), and no other multiple winners) FWCC trophies. RM also is tied for most Intercontinental trophies with 3. Barca has zero IC trophies, so RM is by far the overall worlds best club side in football history with 7 global trophies Milan has 4 total titles, with 3 IC's (runners up 4 times) and one FWCC trophy (2007.) Inter Milan, São Paulo and Bayern have 3 (2 IC and one FWCC each) and Barca has 3 (all FWCC's). Peñarol, Boca Juniors, and Club Nacional de Football of Uruguay also have 3 (all nine of their combined trophies are IC's., most all from long ago)

Arsenal  46 (84 counting minor and war time, 122 counting pre-season, they have no 2nd Division trophies) Arse only has 2 major trans-national trophies, the defunct (now absorbed into the EL along with the old Inter-Cities Cup) UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 93-94 (we have 2, only Barca with 4 has more in the history of it), and then the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup (again, now the Europa League) in 69-70. 

They have racked up a lot of their 46 top flight 'real' trophies in the old days of the First Division (only 3 of their 13 league championships came in EPL era, only 5 in the 'modern' era (1980's and beyond, and 7 of their 8 non modern (only the 70-71 was not) league championships came before the early 1950's) PLUS the FA Cup (13 time winners, 8 of those in the EPL era and 15 Community Shields (15, with 8 of the modern era, 7 of those 8 in the EPL era( for the 8th they shared the 1991 CS with Spuds after a nil nil draw, so it it really 14 and a half total CS's) The other 7 CS's were all from long ago, 1930-53.

If you look at only the EPL era (and not counting the bullshit preseason rot)

the totals are

Chelsea 24 (21 if you remove the CS's)    Including 5 major European Trophies (can be 6 if we beat the Bindippers in the Super Cup) 7 FA Cups, and 5 EPL titles, 4 League Cups, 3 Community Shields (we have a shit record in that, won 3 lost 8 in the EPL era)

Arsenal 20 (13 if your remove the CS's) (only one major European trophy, the 93-94 Cup Winners' Cup) 3 EPL titles (none in last 15 years) 1 League Cup (92-93) 8 FA Cups (we are only one behind them), and 7 CS's.

Conclusion

Over the EPL period, we are BY FAR the bigger club, Only Manure is 'bigger' in the EPL era, and over the last 10 or so years, we are bigger than them.

24 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Actually it sounds like Lampard told Luiz that he would not be getting many games as he would like.

Yep. That's really the only thing I could take from Frank's words. He must have told him straight up that he would be going with Zouma and AC. Luiz obviously didn't take it well, threw a tantrum, and forced his way out.

Pretty soft mentality.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Total top flight club trophies since founding

Chelsea  31 (46 counting minor and war time, 64 counting pre-season) 66 total counting the 2 Division Two trophies

The only major still-running trophy we do not have is the FIFA World Club Cup (one of these days!, but only way in is to win the CL)! Fucking Corinthians (the only non UEFA team to win it since the first 3 years of the comp, ffs) beat us 1 nil on December 16th, 2012, Paolo Guerrero's 69th minute goal, grrrrrr, I am still livid about that) We never got a shot at the old Intercontinental Cup (now merged, since 2004, into the FIFA World Club Cup) (Manure is the only English team to win it, in 1999, Victimpool failed twice, Villa and Nottingham Forest failed once each)

Bonus stats, the only year both the FIFA World Club Cup and the Intercontinental Cup were both played was 2000 (the first year of the FWCC), and Real Madrid could have won both but they lost both (runners up in the IC  to Boca Juniors and finshed 4th in the FWCC, losing to a shit Nexaca team in PK's after missing out by 1 on GD to Corinthians, who ended up winning it) Real did win the Intercontinental Cup in 2002, BUT the FIFA World Club Cup was cancelled for 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004, after which (The Intercontinental Cup's last year was 2004) both tournaments were folded into the FIFA World Club Cup as it is today) Real has now won it 4 times, more than any other team, (2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018) Barca has 3 wins, no other club has more than 2 (Corinthians), and no other multiple winners) FWCC trophies. RM also is tied for most Intercontinental trophies with 3. Barca has zero IC trophies, so RM is by far the overall worlds best club side in football history with 7 global trophies Milan has 4 total titles, with 3 IC's (runners up 4 times) and one FWCC trophy (2007.) Inter Milan, São Paulo and Bayern have 3 (2 IC and one FWCC each) and Barca has 3 (all FWCC's). Peñarol, Boca Juniors, and Club Nacional de Football of Uruguay also have 3 (all nine of their combined trophies are IC's., most all from long ago)

Arsenal  46 (84 counting minor and war time, 122 counting pre-season, they have no 2nd Division trophies) Arse only has 2 major trans-national trophies, the defunct (now absorbed into the EL along with the old Inter-Cities Cup) UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 93-94 (we have 2, only Barca with 4 has more in the history of it), and then the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup (again, now the Europa League) in 69-70. 

They have racked up a lot of their 46 top flight 'real' trophies in the old days of the First Division (only 3 of their 13 league championships came in EPL era, only 5 in the 'modern' era (1980's and beyond, and 7 of their 8 non modern (only the 70-71 was not) league championships came before the early 1950's) PLUS the FA Cup (13 time winners, 8 of those in the EPL era and 15 Community Shields (15, with 8 of the modern era, 7 of those 8 in the EPL era( for the 8th they shared the 1991 CS with Spuds after a nil nil draw, so it it really 14 and a half total CS's) The other 7 CS's were all from long ago, 1930-53.

If you look at only the EPL era (and not counting the bullshit preseason rot)

the totals are

Chelsea 24 (21 if you remove the CS's)    Including 5 major European Trophies (can be 6 if we beat the Bindippers in the Super Cup) 7 FA Cups, and 5 EPL titles, 4 League Cups, 3 Community Shields (we have a shit record in that, won 3 lost 8 in the EPL era)

Arsenal 20 (13 if your remove the CS's) (only one major European trophy, the 93-94 Cup Winners' Cup) 3 EPL titles (none in last 15 years) 1 League Cup (92-93) 8 FA Cups (we are only one behind them), and 7 CS's.

Conclusion

Over the EPL period, we are BY FAR the bigger club, Only Manure is 'bigger' in the EPL era, and over the last 10 or so years, we are bigger than them.

Honestly, I have never cared about how many have we won or they did or some one else did... because it is in the past and there is no point dwelling over it whereas Arsenal fans are still struck in that era when they were successful. They always try to use that as a measure of they being a big club but the fact is that today Chelsea is in the Forbes list on the top 10 clubs in the world. So technically like you said, baring United no one can say they bigger as the Citys, the Arsenals and the Chelseas are pretty much on the same footing.