David Luiz

the wes

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Matic was average at absolute best for two and a half years before United signed him, we may have ballsed up his replacements but £40m for Matic was one of the best sales we've ever made. As for Cech he lost his edge (his last great season was 10/11) and was replaced with a world class young keeper who's (along with Eden) stood up and won us the league while the rest of the squad were losing the plot.

Mata was still quite good but all things considered in 2014 a £37m offer from a player that didn't really fit the way modern day football was heading (athleticism, high press etc) was a very decent deal, even more so now he hasn't even come close to his 2012 self at United.

Matic was average for over 2 seasons before utd got him? You cant possibly be for real here mate? None of the players we sold were duds, they were all capable Winners, that they might have turned to crap later on is another matter.

EBeJr4nWwAEAarZ?format=jpg&name=medium

Alex Huyberechts @cfcalex98
Can't believe the information I received yesterday about David Luiz... to summarise, the beef with Lampard started right after the #Chelsea 5-3 Salzburg game. David Luiz didn't want to listen to Lampard's feedback, and even got aggressive with Lampard in training. #CFC pic.twitter.com/Fcn01aINvK

8 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Matic was average for over 2 seasons before utd got him? You cant possibly be for real here mate? None of the players we sold were duds, they were all capable Winners, that they might have turned to crap later on is another matter.

EBeJr4nWwAEAarZ?format=jpg&name=medium

Yes, something broke with him at White Hart Lane In that 5-3, the way he was destroyed in that game and the PSG one made Mikel at his worst look like Maka.

Then 15/16 well needs no introductions, Jose subbed him on and back off then Hiddink dropped him completely. Even by the standards our squad set that season he was woeful.

16/17 he did okay in the 13 game winning run but had life made easy for him next to Kante. After that the old flaws returned with a vengeance and there were many debate on here about whether Cesc or even Chalobah should be replacing him in the team. He was widely regarded as the weak link and the first port of call when it came to upgrading the side in the summer (if you don't believe me search his thread for posts around that time).

His decline post 2014 was every bit as drastic as El Nino/Alexis in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yes, something broke with him at White Hart Lane In that 5-3, the way he was destroyed in that game and the PSG one made Mikel at his worst look like Maka.

Then 15/16 well needs no introductions, Jose subbed him on and back off then Hiddink dropped him completely. Even by the standards our squad set that season he was woeful.

16/17 he did okay in the 13 game winning run but had life made easy for him next to Kante. After that the old flaws returned with a vengeance and there were many debate on here about whether Cesc or even Chalobah should be replacing him in the team. He was widely regarded as the weak link and the first port of call when it came to upgrading the side in the summer (if you don't believe me search his thread for posts around that time).

His decline post 2014 was every bit as drastic as El Nino/Alexis in my opinion.

Was a beast in 13-14....superb in 14-15.....15-16 the whole team was fucked bare Willy....16-17 again for me was superb but signs were there he might not deliver at that level no more and after that got sold. Overall far from average if you ask me. But I get your point, im not against we sold him, just not to stinking utd who refused to sell us Rooney and Martial. This might be a bad example but Pogba has been very average for utd since day 1, yet I highly doubt they would sell him to us unless we bid way above his real value.

What a rat, a traitor sorry but he's gone to our rivals when we have a transfer ban... All that loyalty and a month ago saying "we're finally getting used to what Frank wants" and then goes to ARSEnal....

Disgraceful ..... same sheet of Courtois he sort of had a reason but he never kept talking about Madrid to the media and never just letting us know. 

14 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:
Can't believe the information I received yesterday about David Luiz... to summarise, the beef with Lampard started right after the #Chelsea 5-3 Salzburg game. David Luiz didn't want to listen to Lampard's feedback, and even got aggressive with Lampard in training. #CFC pic.twitter.com/Fcn01aINvK

yes, 2 days ago there were leaks from sources within the the club calling him, quote 'A disruptive force.'

Sad to see Luiz go. Will miss his distribution that is absolutely unmatched, and his imo, underrated defensive abilities. That said, I also kind of understand him wanting to move on, being probably a backup player now. The choice of Arsenal is a bit upsetting for sure, but I fully understand him wanting to stay in London and the choice in the end makes sense. But it's not just his footballing abilities I will miss, his personality was amazing. How often would we not see him being the one, to spread good vibes and energy around the team? On top of that, he is one of the few top players, that seems like a genuinely nice person. He always seemed to love interacting with fans and kids, or doing whatever he might have been doing.

So in the end, a sad conclusion that he goes to Arsenal. But I wish him all the best, well, kind of. Personal success for him, but a terrible Arsenal season of course. Some of the reactions are embarrassing in here and elsewhere, true scouse mentality to losing a player. Save that for actual cunts like Courtois imo.

'Spectacular long balls'

Please do not act as if he was the second coming of Andrea Pirlo. 1 quality long range pass, 8 fucked up balls resulting in a goal kick.

I, for one, am absolutely happy to not see him screw many of our attacks and approach dangerous free kick situations.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Christ.

He has played +150 matches for Chelsea, of course he will have looked bad in some instances during a match. Cherry picking highlights through years of matches, can make Messi look like Marko Marin, or John Terry look like Sol Bamba.

Kinda feels like a kick in the teeth no doubt.

still can’t see any of this as positive thing for the club regardless however one rates him as a player. Very thin squad filled with unproven youngsters in an UCL season. Plus injuries... ongoing and possible.

it was essentially replacing Luiz with Zouma, who atm belongs in a far lower tier professionally.

31 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Is this possibly an example of a player not being happy at receiving criticism/instruction from previously a team-mate?

I believe the only other players who played with Lampard are Willian and Azpilicueta? I cannot see Azpi acting in that way, he's always seemed to be a model professional and I see absolutely no issues with him. Willian will remain to be seen. It will also be interesting to see if there is any fall-out from the Brazilian contingent (Emerson, Kenedy, Jorginho) like when Conte bombed Costa out.

It's not the most ideal of situations but it would be far worse to keep a negative influence in the dressing room once the season commences and it does show that Lampard is strong enough to stand up to and deal with this and the club seem willing to back him by letting go of a player that they've always seemed to think highly of (particularly Roman).