David Luiz

the wes

I don’t really care about Luiz. Have been great for the club but let’s move on. I really like Rüdi, Zouma is great, I firmly believe in Tomori and I still hope Christensen can get his shit together as he is has the best brain and eyes to the games, just needs to relax and enjoy the game. It will be not easy for Lampard to find the best pair, there are many combinations - there is Dave aswell - but maybe this is how it was meant to be, playing Luiz would’ve been a waste of time in long term.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Nah, Arsenal did it many of times in the past. Who can forget Van Persie? 

Im talking recent times mate.....but I get your point.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Thats arsenal job.

We have sold a couple players but neither Arsenal or United ever realy benefited from them. They just forked shitload of cash for past it players and never realy got great results in return.

But I agree we should sell Luiz for 20m given we play in PL and selling to rival. 

Thats easy to say in hindsight, but Mata werent past his peak imo, Matic did kinda ok his first season, And Cech did good with gunners, even had the most clean sheets if im not wrong. But still I dont like selling to rivals unless we benefit greatly. Thers no way in hell the likes of city spurs etc would sell us anything.....and we def should have asked for more, 8M is nothing, some big shit must have happened since we are giving him away for such small sums in footy terms.

I respectfully disagree. We have LAMPS. He is a leader and he is okay with moving away from those who arent interested in working for the team. David Luiz has always been a good time guy. To me this sounds like Lamps is finally putting a stamp on player power at CFC. 
I meant on the field.

23 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Im talking recent times mate.....but I get your point.

Thats easy to say in hindsight, but Mata werent past his peak imo, Matic did kinda ok his first season, And Cech did good with gunners, even had the most clean sheets if im not wrong. But still I dont like selling to rivals unless we benefit greatly. Thers no way in hell the likes of city spurs etc would sell us anything.....

Bid £40m for Claudio Bravo, £40m for Phil Jones or £50m for Ben Davies and see how long that stays true.

I was absolutely delighted we got £40m for a heavily declined Matic and spent the season hoping United were going to give us even more for Willian.

Let us hope he goes the way of Matic. Started off great and now they're desperate to bin him.

Going to miss his spectacular long passes. Not going to miss him totally vacating his area of the pitch or losing his man on corners. Also, no more wasting the majority of our free kicks around the box so Luiz can blast the ball in to row Z.

29 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Bid £40m for Claudio Bravo, £40m for Phil Jones or £50m for Ben Davies and see how long that stays true.

I was absolutely delighted we got £40m for a heavily declined Matic and spent the season hoping United were going to give us even more for Willian.

Crap to avearge players all of them. Not the case with the ones we shipped out.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

This is weird. Why would he join arsenal of all clubs if he wanted to move at all?

Obvious. He just wants to stay in London.

I'm thankful for his great moments, especiallyin the Champions league, but he really is just a faker.

I'll never forget the countless games he threw away against weaker teams last season alone because of his apathetic defending.

He never really cared. This is no different from Courtois.

So I dont wish him anything bad. Just thank you and good bye.

10 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Crap to avearge players all of them. Not the case with the ones we shipped out.

Matic was average at absolute best for two and a half years before United signed him, we may have ballsed up his replacements but £40m for Matic was one of the best sales we've ever made. As for Cech he lost his edge (his last great season was 10/11) and was replaced with a world class young keeper who's (along with Eden) stood up and won us the league while the rest of the squad were losing the plot.

Mata was still quite good but all things considered in 2014 a £37m offer from a player that didn't really fit the way modern day football was heading (athleticism, high press etc) was a very decent deal, even more so now he hasn't even come close to his 2012 self at United.