David Luiz

the wes

7 hours ago, Jason said:

That penalty he gave away was truly stupid. One of the stupidest penalties you could ever give to the opponents. Might as well just let them have a free goal. 

Puts Zouma's error vs Manure in perspective. Torrid display from Luiz today but tbf did we expect anything different? we all know he has games like this every now and then and is not getting any younger. Still we should not make the same error as before and replace him accordingly as soon as we get the chance.

7 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

But but but, we should have sold zouma. 😂😂😂

I think very few said to sell Zouma THIS summer (due to the bans)

the main consensus was to loan out Tomori or keep Tomori for complete depth at CB (as no one thought Luiz was a tantrum away from leaving like the little bitch that he is)

quirky Luiz will always be made fun of, but arsenal defending, as a team, was ever more comedic. Of course bbc won’t write about it, after all the money is on eyeballs not on how to watch football games. I mean we are talking about Luiz' performance when in the first half Arsenal was pretty embarrassing. 

it’s going to be a very long season for arsenal and Luiz, because he will be exposed and we all know how he does when exposed, no real news here... how old is he and folks are still being surprised by his play style and weaknesses?

Had that naive manager put Luiz as a cdm to disrupt the attacks of a far superior side, well, that’s too hard to imagine except that Jose has done it before. And it actually worked very well in these type of games.

for folks who think zouma is a better player, even defender, there is always rugby... You might be missing that football is a game about controlling, yes! The football. :) And no, CBs do not play a different sport.

On 8/26/2019 at 8:18 PM, Vesper said:

the main consensus was to loan out Tomori or keep Tomori for complete depth at CB (as no one thought Luiz was a tantrum away from leaving like the little bitch that he is)

If I remember correctly, a decent number of people on here wanted to sell zouma. Its not even a point of that. Luiz is one of the most over-rated footballers ever. The guy is a cunt. END OF.

And this is not a knee jerk to his move to arsenal, believe me. Lets take a look at 3 of Luiz's move to and from chelsea. 

Left chelsea when jose made him his 3rd/4th choice CB.

Left PSG and joined Chelsea when Marquinhos made him psg's 3rd choice CB.

Left chelsea and joined arsenal when lampard wont give a starting spot on the plate.

In between we have the rift with Conte when Andreas replaced him. I mean the guy is an entitled spoiled prick. Football is about the team, the club, which people like luiz have never and will never get. Irrespective of his age, look at the kind of fuck ups he still makes. His unwillingness to grow or even learn is evident from that. I am so freaking happy that we got rid of this prick and kept a player like Zouma. yes, he might not be able to play a long ball like luiz, but he actually knows how to defend.  

2 hours ago, Robchels said:

Had that naive manager put Luiz as a cdm to disrupt the attacks of a far superior side, well, that’s too hard to imagine except that Jose has done it before. And it actually worked very well in these type of games.

Mourinho only did that in one game (away at Man City, IIRC). Even then though, you still require Luiz to be 100% discipline and focused in carrying out the tasks and those things are never guaranteed with Luiz. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Mourinho only did that in one game (away at Man City, IIRC). Even then though, you still require Luiz to be 100% discipline and focused in carrying out the tasks and those things are never guaranteed with Luiz. 

Also Conte played him there against Roma. 3:3

On 26/08/2019 at 3:48 PM, Vesper said:

I still think a safe (although unpopular in some folks eyes) bet would of been with Luiz's sale, keeping Cahill as a back up (although we knew he was going last season) and loaning Tomori but it didnt happen. Gaz struggled in Sarris system (well technically he rarely played so harded to judge as Sarri decided he didnt suit it without really giving him a fair crack In think but again Luiz, Rudi and Andreas were always his preferred 3 ahead of him) and under Conte in his 2nd season but in a back 4 he would of still been capable enough for rotation I think. Dont think Zouma is that much better than him or even at all.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

This is factually incorrect. Please check your records... several games with 100% success rate.

once again factually incorrect. Surprised by how many folks got this one wrong.

and no I will not do your homework. ;) 

Just now, Robchels said:

This is factually incorrect. Please check your records... several games with 100% success rate.

once again factually incorrect. Surprised by how many folks got this one wrong.

and no I will not do your homework. ;) 

lol If you say so...