David Luiz

the wes

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

Actually it sounds like Lampard told Luiz that he would not be getting many games as he would like.

Even if that was the case, Luiz could have stayed and tried to prove Lampard wrong for a place in the starting XI. Instead, he decided to jump ship immediately and jump ship to a direct rival at a shit timing!

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

It is true. We have been the most successful English team since the turn of the millenium. 

That club world cup final defeat hau.ts me as well. The competition is a joke but ypu can call yourself world Champion afterwards. The worst is that Torres scored a perfectly legit goal that was wrongfully chalked off. Also we got denied a penalty

I was going to mention that!

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Total top flight club trophies since founding

Chelsea  31 (46 counting minor and war time, 64 counting pre-season) 66 total counting the 2 Division Two trophies

The only major still-running trophy we do not have is the FIFA World Club Cup (one of these days!, but only way in is to win the CL)! Fucking Corinthians (the only non UEFA team to win it since the first 3 years of the comp, ffs) beat us 1 nil on December 16th, 2012, Paolo Guerrero's 69th minute goal, grrrrrr, I am still livid about that) We never got a shot at the old Intercontinental Cup (now merged, since 2004, into the FIFA World Club Cup) (Manure is the only English team to win it, in 1999, Victimpool failed twice, Villa and Nottingham Forest failed once each)

Bonus stats, the only year both the FIFA World Club Cup and the Intercontinental Cup were both played was 2000 (the first year of the FWCC), and Real Madrid could have won both but they lost both (runners up in the IC  to Boca Juniors and finshed 4th in the FWCC, losing to a shit Nexaca team in PK's after missing out by 1 on GD to Corinthians, who ended up winning it) Real did win the Intercontinental Cup in 2002, BUT the FIFA World Club Cup was cancelled for 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004, after which (The Intercontinental Cup's last year was 2004) both tournaments were folded into the FIFA World Club Cup as it is today) Real has now won it 4 times, more than any other team, (2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018) Barca has 3 wins, no other club has more than 2 (Corinthians), and no other multiple winners) FWCC trophies. RM also is tied for most Intercontinental trophies with 3. Barca has zero IC trophies, so RM is by far the overall worlds best club side in football history with 7 global trophies Milan has 4 total titles, with 3 IC's (runners up 4 times) and one FWCC trophy (2007.) Inter Milan, São Paulo and Bayern have 3 (2 IC and one FWCC each) and Barca has 3 (all FWCC's). Peñarol, Boca Juniors, and Club Nacional de Football of Uruguay also have 3 (all nine of their combined trophies are IC's., most all from long ago)

Arsenal  46 (84 counting minor and war time, 122 counting pre-season, they have no 2nd Division trophies) Arse only has 2 major trans-national trophies, the defunct (now absorbed into the EL along with the old Inter-Cities Cup) UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 93-94 (we have 2, only Barca with 4 has more in the history of it), and then the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup (again, now the Europa League) in 69-70. 

They have racked up a lot of their 46 top flight 'real' trophies in the old days of the First Division (only 3 of their 13 league championships came in EPL era, only 5 in the 'modern' era (1980's and beyond, and 7 of their 8 non modern (only the 70-71 was not) league championships came before the early 1950's) PLUS the FA Cup (13 time winners, 8 of those in the EPL era and 15 Community Shields (15, with 8 of the modern era, 7 of those 8 in the EPL era( for the 8th they shared the 1991 CS with Spuds after a nil nil draw, so it it really 14 and a half total CS's) The other 7 CS's were all from long ago, 1930-53.

If you look at only the EPL era (and not counting the bullshit preseason rot)

the totals are

Chelsea 24 (21 if you remove the CS's)    Including 5 major European Trophies (can be 6 if we beat the Bindippers in the Super Cup) 7 FA Cups, and 5 EPL titles, 4 League Cups, 3 Community Shields (we have a shit record in that, won 3 lost 8 in the EPL era)

Arsenal 20 (13 if your remove the CS's) (only one major European trophy, the 93-94 Cup Winners' Cup) 3 EPL titles (none in last 15 years) 1 League Cup (92-93) 8 FA Cups (we are only one behind them), and 7 CS's.

Conclusion

Over the EPL period, we are BY FAR the bigger club, Only Manure is 'bigger' in the EPL era, and over the last 10 or so years, we are bigger than them.

Furthermore we shit all over them in Europe, not just in trophies won but overall performance (we have numerous deep runs in European competition's) and that was the case even pre Roman.

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

It is true. We have been the most successful English team since the turn of the millenium. 

That club world cup final defeat hau.ts me as well. The competition is a joke but ypu can call yourself world Champion afterwards. The worst is that Torres scored a perfectly legit goal that was wrongfully chalked off. Also we got denied a penalty

Part that annoyed me the most about it is we could have used it to reverse the "no history" chant on the Scousers, would have triggered them like nobody's business.

Now given they will likely win it this season it looks like an opportunity missed permanently :(

3 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Honestly, I have never cared about how many have we won or they did or some one else did... because it is in the past and there is no point dwelling over it whereas Arsenal fans are still struck in that era when they were successful. They always try to use that as a measure of they being a big club but the fact is that today Chelsea is in the Forbes list on the top 10 clubs in the world. So technically like you said, baring United no one can say they bigger as the Citys, the Arsenals and the Chelseas are pretty much on the same footing. 

I've always said that when you resort to telling anyone that will listen how "big" you are it's a sure sign of a club in the gutter.

For example notice how the noises of United being "the biggest club in the world" have become more frequent since Fergie's gone.

2 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Bye. Fuck off Arsenal though.

yes

he can fuck right off

will not miss him at all

one of the most overrated CB's on the planet

for every great game he has 2 or 3 or even more shitters

I wont miss him either, a good player but not so good at defending most of the times. Lamps told him he cant game every match and he couldnt take it, he will at Ars though. Good luck to him but I wont miss him one bit, thank god Sarii is gone too or else he would have happily played him no matter what. A new dawn is upon us, we will be fine.

WTF??????????? I go away on hols for a week with no internet or sport coverage and come back to find Luiz wearing RED !!!:middlefinger: But I thought this guy said Chelsea was in his blood?? Now I'm after his, the lying toerag. Another Courtois.

1 hour ago, Starman60 said:

WTF??????????? I go away on hols for a week with no internet or sport coverage and come back to find Luiz wearing RED !!!:middlefinger: But I thought this guy said Chelsea was in his blood?? Now I'm after his, the lying toerag. Another Courtois.

Very few players today are loyal to the core.....very few.

On 8/9/2019 at 11:53 AM, Jason said:

Even if that was the case, Luiz could have stayed and tried to prove Lampard wrong for a place in the starting XI. Instead, he decided to jump ship immediately and jump ship to a direct rival at a shit timing!

I know this makes sense to most, but does not reflect reality.

once a player reaches a status in world football, like it or not luiz has, you tell him he isn’t part of your plans as a manager and he is calling his agent. This will happen with any player! Yes guys like kante would not force an immediate move, but he’d do so in the next window.

It is a very bold choice by frank and reckon, like others said, as much about locker room than anything else. Fair enough to him, but there will be a cost this season because of the situation we are in. Just think the club, and frank, overrated zouma.

3 hours ago, Robchels said:

I know this makes sense to most, but does not reflect reality.

once a player reaches a status in world football, like it or not luiz has, you tell him he isn’t part of your plans as a manager and he is calling his agent. This will happen with any player! Yes guys like kante would not force an immediate move, but he’d do so in the next window.

It is a very bold choice by frank and reckon, like others said, as much about locker room than anything else. Fair enough to him, but there will be a cost this season because of the situation we are in. Just think the club, and frank, overrated zouma.

lets face it

we more than likely really fucked up

and I am so not a huge Luiz fan

Everton were DESPERATE for Zouma

we could have gotten damn near close to £40m for him, £35m minimum

Luiz would have stayed (he did after all just sign a new 2 year contract)

and I would be feeling so so much better about our CB's plus we would have another big pile of cash in the bank for next summer

if Zouma has a disasterclass year

his value drops by £20m or so (from that £40m figure)

whole thing is fucking so strange

it is the only bad move we made all summer IMHO

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

lets face it

we more than likely really fucked up

and I am so not a huge Luiz fan

Everton were DESPERATE for Zouma

we could have gotten damn near close to £40m for him, £35m minimum

Luiz would have stayed (he did after all just sign a new 2 year contract)

and I would be feeling so so much better about our CB's plus we would have another big pile of cash in the bank for next summer

if Zouma has a disasterclass year

his value drops by £20m or so (from that £40m figure)

whole thing is fucking so strange

it is the only bad move we made all summer IMHO

Too early to call.

Maybe Zouma bounces back. After one bad game he still should be goven the benefit of the doubt. 

Also I dont think the decisions to sell Dl and keep Zouma were conditional on each other. I expect Rüdiger and Christensen to be our cb pairing. 

Glad he's gone. If he'd have played on Sunday he'd probably have started an argument with Zouma for conceding the penalty, had a pop at the fans, then ended up getting murdered by Rashford and Martial on the counter before an inevitable red card. He's shown his true colours. 

• 2 weeks later...