David Luiz

the wes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HAAHHAHA. He turned into a clown at Arsenal. The other day when Arsenal was looking to score the winner in the final minutes he tried to score a free kick from the central circle (I'm not even joking). Against Olimpiakos he was at fault in both goals they conceded. First one he was marking no one, and it was really funny he even got a ghost header (when the Olimpiakos player already had the ball on the net); in the second goals he let the pall pass him and even opened his arms to show his teammates everything was under control. His clumsy jump made everything even more funny. 

If he had his problems with Lampard best option for him was returning to Brazil, instead of joining a rival only to embarrass himself.

• 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

DL was done for long before he went to Arsenal. Bonkers move by them imo but good for us. He was a very good servant of the Club though. His 16-17 season under Don Conte was his best.

Yeah, I don’t get why people are so harsh on him, he is was a very important player in the 2010s. 

I remember nobody really cared when we signed him on deadline day 2011 because everyone was focused on Torres. He came on as a subtitle against Liverpool(which was also Fernando’s debut) and I was surprised how good he was. He scored epic goals, won CL and two EL, good memories.

8 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Yeah, I don’t get why people are so harsh on him, he is was a very important player in the 2010s. 

I remember nobody really cared when we signed him on deadline day 2011 because everyone was focused on Torres. He came on as a subtitle against Liverpool(which was also Fernando’s debut) and I was surprised how good he was. He scored epic goals, won CL and two EL, good memories.

Yeah he def had his moments.......overall been a very good player for us if you see past his out of this world trips here and there. No where near good enough at the top level now though.

3 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

I was delighted to get him and wanted him the previous summer, thought he was the perfect replacement for Carvalho.

48 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I was delighted to get him and wanted him the previous summer, thought he was the perfect replacement for Carvalho.

Same here, I even bought a david Luiz shirt after we got him in that summer. Was a breath of fresh air. But as with like Mourinho he left a sour taste afterwards. 

I think many people will forgive and forget once he retires and comes back to the club to say hi or be a spectator. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 3:36 AM, Costa19 said:

What the f*ck? £8m?? Might be the downfall of Lamps already. Pushing out our best CB in a window where we cant sign any replacement. 
This autumn can be very nasty for the club...

LOL this post aged well. 

15 hours ago, Fernando said:

LOL this post aged well. 

Yeah because our defence has been rock solid this season :D Im 100% sure Luiz would have made our defence better this season even with his headless decision sometimes. Just look at his stats in Chelsea vs Arsenal. He was good for us. 

So the point is not that Luiz is the best defender in the world but that the rest of our defenders is weaker and his departure fucked us up which i still think. He was good in pre season for us with his passing range and feets.