David Luiz

the wes

Oh how times change. In the summer people were telling Barcelona to fuck off and wanted to keep Luiz no matter the offer but now some of the same people would happily ship him off. What has he done wrong really, other than a couple of months ago have a few bad performances which didn't even result in the team losing points?

Oh how times change. In the summer people were telling Barcelona to fuck off and wanted to keep Luiz no matter the offer but now some of the same people would happily ship him off. What has he done wrong really, other than a couple of months ago have a few bad performances which didn't even result in the team losing points?

Agree mate. Some people are just shocking.

When JT retires. David Luiz will be the best CB at this club! IMO our partnership should be Terry-Luiz! Luiz is a world class player and I saw a stunning analysis about him here by Gary Neville.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuL7MhAVJOQ

Just look at his passes! How often does he set up attacks from the deep or charge forward and help us apply pressure on an opponent!

Thats football. Mata was man of the season months ago, people were saying Drogba had to leave months before that Munich final, people were saying Lampard was disgrace and months later were saying the board was crazy to let him go, Mourinho was a supernatural manager months ago...

i am not one to defend luiz and his on the field antics but our defensive "crisis" is not his fault. selling him and buying another CB would not solve the problem but would actually compond on the problem.

luiz had a poor match and that was not cos he came to play after some weeks or something, he was great against bucuresti and i dint see any rustiness there. he was bad today, any defender who gets nug-megged twice in a match by jerome would have been poor.

but as i was saying, our defensive problems lies in our midfielders. the cover provided by our DMs specially without oscar's workrate is shambolic. hence we have GC and DL having a hard time. while one defender keeps backing off, the other simply can help himself from trying to steal the ball off the STs foot.

we require a DM more than a CB to change our fortunes.

Call me crazy, but 30 mil for him, and i will sell him to anybody.

With Cahill...

Time to build a normal Defence.

Could you please tell us what a "normal defence" is?

And for 30m, who do you think we should (or even can) buy that is better than Luiz?

No you are not crazy, many people including me thought the same. He isn't even a world class defender, some how he is worth at least £30m in market nowadays while PROPER world class defenders like Silva is around the same.

No, you are actually the crazy one if you dont consider Luiz a proper defender.

What many people like you think is irrelevant. You are either non-objective or you simply lack the knowledge and analysis to understand this matter.

First I liked him, but after three years I wouldn't even be sad if he left. He started well but soon his weaknesses began to reveal. He is still often disposessed and likes to roam from his position (like yesterday) and that costs us goals. He also gives away easy freekicks and takes stupid yellow cards.

In the Confederations Cup he was a beast, but why can't he play like that at his club? The only reason why I wouldn't sell him now is that the situation in the central defender markets is quite bad, there are not many players good enough to replace him. I say sell him in the summer if he continues to play like this... He played quite well last spring, so maybe he can prove me wrong.

What many people like you think is irrelevant.

Calling somebody's opinion irrelevant. Well done, nice way to discuss something.

Anyway, if we actually recieve a 50M offer for him I think we should take it without thinking twice. It's just so much more than he's actually worth.

David Luiz is very good, when he is ordered to just defend. I remember, in Lisbon, 2012... he is excellent. In Munich, also, he is very good... when he is keeping simple, he is very good, I think...

But 30 million, for the defender... this is not resistable.. no defender is worth so much money.

The thing is how can people still defend him AFTER 3 YEARS. Seriously, he still hasn't fixed his flaws yet. His main problem when he came here was that he often had a rush of blood and was just terrible at defending, after 3 YEARS it is still the same, hardly any improvement at all. People can say look at the goals he scored but again he already had that and done that for us when he arrived here, and his job isn't to score goals anyway.

Do you think he has show enough IMPROVEMENT AFTER 3 YEARS to warrant such praise?