David Luiz

the wes

In his last two years (bar the last month of the 11/12) Drogba performed without a care in the world most games, Lampard had his fair share of them under AVB, yet their regarded as a club legend's.

We can't have one rule for one...

How many? Come on, how many of the 40 games AVB coached (amongst Lampard's 630 appearances....that's SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY) how many did Lamps dial in?

The fact that you're even comparing the two is fucking ludicrous. This is a guy who took to the pitch after his mother died, and took a penalty in a decisive game. Seriously, what the fuck are you doing even bringing this up in this discussion?

How many? Come on, how many of the 40 games AVB coached (amongst Lampard's 630 appearances....that's SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY) how many did Lamps dial in?

The fact that you're even comparing the two is fucking ludicrous. This is a guy who took to the pitch after his mother died, and took a penalty in a decisive game. Seriously, what the fuck are you doing even bringing this up in this discussion?

How many has Luiz phoned in? back in 2010/2011 he was literally the only positive coming out of matches that were almost having me in tears.

and im not saying Lampard is as lazy player, that's the whole point. Everybody has their 'off days'.

1. I base it on watching the matches, same as everyone else. Plus it reads fine to me.

2. I'm referring to what I see on the pitch, same as everyone else here.

3. I disagree.

I agree he's faster and capable of making interceptions and passing the ball out of defence better than our other options - in fact I've never said any differently. My point isn't about what he's capable of, but what he actually shows on the pitch week-in and week-out.

Let's put it another way. David Luiz is one of my favourite players on FIFA 14 because he has fantastic stats. He's fast, technically fantastic, good in the air and that's all very true to life. The problem comes with who is controlling him. Great sportsmen aren't just great because of their physical tools. What sets them apart is their mental make-up and that's where EVERY SINGLE CRITICISM of Luiz stems from. You will never see anyone criticise him for being too slow or having a poor touch (like you might hear of Cahill).

It's the top two inches.

1. I still cant figure out what you mean by that Cahill maximizes his potential ability better than Luiz. How do you know what their respective potential abilities are and how is Luiz doing a worse job in doing that?

2. What is it you see on the pitch that leads you to think that Luiz suffers from "a mental thing"?

3. I cant understand how you feel that Luiz is not one of the guys in the team that go in for it for a 100% and gives his best. You say you disagree, well, fine, but I just find that absurd.

As Ive said before... No one is perfect and Luiz is not by any means an exception for that. Every player has pros and cons.

For instance, Ivanovic is a fantastic defender and good in the air, but his crosses suck balls.

Mata is a fantastic technical player and reads the game very well, however he lacks pace and physical ability (ie strong).

What I want to say with this is, while often discussing other players its discussed in a matter that they either didnt play well that particular game, that perhaps that is an area they need to possibly improve or even look past that because they see that they do GOOD more rather than what they do worse.

With Luiz, many people instead discuss it in terms of that he has a mental thing, that he doesnt give 100%, that we need to get rid of him and whatnot.

I am 100% positive we bought Luiz for who and what he is. In my eyes he's a fantastic defender and player. And even though he sometimes makes decisions we dont agree with people tend to forget that;

a ) We do not know what Luiz is instructed to do

b ) We do not know what the specific tactics are (who is to mark who, and stuff like that)

c ) Every player make mistakes, every game. No one is flawless.

d ) We dont know wether the issues that are discussed about Luiz here at these forums ARE a problem.

How many has Luiz phoned in? back in 2010/2011 he was literally the only positive coming out of matches that were almost having me in tears.

and im not saying Lampard is as lazy player, that's the whole point. Everybody has their 'off days'.

You can't compare the two. It's an utterly pointless discussion to be having.

When Lamps was Luiz's age, he was already a legend at this club. He's the most dedicated professional we've ever had at this club and Luiz could do well to get off Instagram and maybe start taking lessons from Lamps.

1. I still cant figure out what you mean by that Cahill maximizes his potential ability better than Luiz. How do you know what their respective potential abilities are and how is Luiz doing a worse job in doing that?

2. What is it you see on the pitch that leads you to think that Luiz suffers from "a mental thing"?

3. I cant understand how you feel that Luiz is not one of the guys in the team that go in for it for a 100% and gives his best. You say you disagree, well, fine, but I just find that absurd.

As Ive said before... No one is perfect and Luiz is not by any means an exception for that. Every player has pros and cons.

For instance, Ivanovic is a fantastic defender and good in the air, but his crosses suck balls.

Mata is a fantastic technical player and reads the game very well, however he lacks pace and physical ability (ie strong).

What I want to say with this is, while often discussing other players its discussed in a matter that they either didnt play well that particular game, that perhaps that is an area they need to possibly improve or even look past that because they see that they do GOOD more rather than what they do worse.

With Luiz, many people instead discuss it in terms of that he has a mental thing, that he doesnt give 100%, that we need to get rid of him and whatnot.

I am 100% positive we bought Luiz for who and what he is. In my eyes he's a fantastic defender and player. And even though he sometimes makes decisions we dont agree with people tend to forget that;

a ) We do not know what Luiz is instructed to do

b ) We do not know what the specific tactics are (who is to mark who, and stuff like that)

c ) Every player make mistakes, every game. No one is flawless.

d ) We dont know wether the issues that are discussed about Luiz here at these forums ARE a problem.

1. Oh well.

2. Because that's what I think brainfarts are...a mental thing. :blink:

3. Because I've seen him on the pitch looking like he couldn't give a shit. I've seen him shirk challenges. What more do you want? At the end of the day it's just my opinion.

He played well and hit some brilliant passes ,but .....................................how the **** does he let the goal through his legs on the line?

Over all did very well though and I saw him play it safe on one occasion and put the ball out for a throw in when he may have played a dodgy pass back to Schwarzer. Honestly Mikel really does him no favours when they play together.

He played well and hit some brilliant passes ,but .....................................how the **** does he let the goal through his legs on the line?

Over all did very well though and I saw him play it safe on one occasion and put the ball out for a throw in when he may have played a dodgy pass back to Schwarzer. Honestly Mikel really does him no favours when they play together.

at least he was better positioned to avoid the goal than Cahill who was trying to get a clearance while standing inside the goal.

Please, how can you react to a shoot a yard away from you? It's reflex and instinct and he did the best he could.

Now, speaking about his perfomance. He seems to be lacking confidence these days. I don't know how much is the time he spent off with injury or if he's feeling like he isn't appreciated here. I don't know what is, but he needs to figure it out. He didn't compromise our defense today like Essien, Cahill and Cole did, but it's still far from what he normally produces.

And people need to understand a thing about long passes. You can't complain about the wrong ones, then clap when he has a couple of brilliant defence-to-box passes to Ba (who did shit with both, and couldn't win a 1x1). When you go for a long pass, you'll hit a few you'll miss some and I hope Mourinho doesn't shy him from doing it because the difficulty we have to penetrate defenses nowadays, it's a big favor to have 2 key long passes like those even if he misses 5 to deliver those 2.

If only we had striker to capitalize that...

Luiz is not a GK.

Luiz is not a GK.

John Terry was on Saturday and Ashley Cole is as well sometimes a defender can be on the line and the last man able to make a goal line clearance ,the way you do it is to keep watching the ball and to close your legs and block it,listen Luiz played very well dont be so precious about your hero,but John Terry blocks that shot .

John Terry was on Saturday and Ashley Cole is as well sometimes a defender can be on the line and the last man able to make a goal line clearance ,the way you do it is to keep watching the ball and to close your legs and block it,listen Luiz played very well dont be so precious about your hero,but John Terry blocks that shot .

How would you know Terry blocks that shot?

I could say Borini could have taken that same shot 100 times and Luiz would block most of them! it was just unlucky! he was never going to stand there with his legs closed he had to make himself big, to tighten the angle! Borini just hit it towards goal and hoped for the best.

I really don't get the instagram/twitter/facebook thing that's been brought by more than one person lately. What does social media have to do with football and performance on pitch? Gimme a bloody break.

Because all that extraneous shit is about building a brand. The hair, the thumbs-up, the stupid Miley Cyrus tongue thing he does.....it's all bullshit that needs to come after the football, yet it helps because people like his 'character'.

The guy needs to start being a fucking rock in defence and a leader on the pitch. Yes he's a laugh but we don't need that. We need a no-nonsense shit-kicker like Kompany or Vidic who we can rely on not to make boneheaded mistakes.

Think he had a pretty good game yesterday. Didn't try to dribble when he was our last man, won 100% of his aerial duels, played some great long balls and he won us the poession a few times with his anticipation. I really like his style of play

Because all that extraneous shit is about building a brand. The hair, the thumbs-up, the stupid Miley Cyrus tongue thing he does.....it's all bullshit that needs to come after the football, yet it helps because people like his 'character'.

The guy needs to start being a fucking rock in defence and a leader on the pitch. Yes he's a laugh but we don't need that. We need a no-nonsense shit-kicker like Kompany or Vidic who we can rely on not to make boneheaded mistakes.

Last year he backed it all up with his performances and the fans loved it . Not this year, at least not till now.

Are you actually serious?

Are you actually serious?

When you see JT play for the first time you will realise ,as you obviously missed the Palace game ,he would not have turned his head away from the ball and most likely stopped the goal ,it is a minor point though because on the whole Luiz was excellent and those long passes where great and he played the percentages when defending.