David Luiz

the wes

Agreed until this season. Now he doesn't even bother to go forward anymore and also looks like he don't care in defence anymore, especially that Newcastle game. Then coming out with arrogant rubbish statements about himself, it is almost as if that Barca bid had made him change. Maybe being praised as the best CB in the world by Mou and the press in the summer after Confederation Cup doesn't help either.

I think he is more concerned about World Cup next year.

I think he is more concerned about World Cup next year.

Well then he is doing himself a horrible service by playing shit for his club. But he is pretty much untouchable in Brazil team now under Scolari anyway so don't think he cares about that anymore too. Base on names the likes of Dante, Marquinhos are never gonna be ahead of him. The only thing that is stopping him from being completely finished here is that Cahill is crap too. If Cahill was rock solid like Caravalho was during Jose's last spell then Luiz is pretty much finished here. I think Jose will give him until summer then decide if we should sell him and buy a new CB.

Well then he is doing himself a horrible service by playing shit for his club. But he is pretty much untouchable in Brazil team now under Scolari anyway so don't think he cares about that anymore too. Base on names the likes of Dante, Marquinhos are never gonna be ahead of him. The only thing that is stopping him from being completely finished here is that Cahill is crap too. If Cahill was rock solid like Caravalho was during Jose's last spell then Luiz is pretty much finished here. I think Jose will give him until summer then decide if we should sell him and buy a new CB.

It would seem that way but you never know. If Luiz stays on the bench, and Bayern have another year like last year, then he might edge him.

I think the one thing Luiz has going for him is that everybody seems to like him, and his personality is infectious. He literally seems to be friends with everyone. Future captain of Brazil for sure.

Still out of the team :(

It sucks because I feel like Terry could use a rest. We have 9 matches this month and having no rotation in the CBs would be tragic, especially when one of them is over his 30 and has had physical issues quite frequently.

It's not even about what Luiz brings or not at this point (although I do think he brings a lot), it's about we needing backup for Terry and later for Cahill when he also feels the weight of so many matches...

I agree Terry could use a rest but if Luiz is unfit, we can move Ivanovic into CB where he is certainly capable of playing and go with Azpilicueta and Cole. We still have enough depth to give everyone breathers when needed.

I agree Terry could use a rest but if Luiz is unfit, we can move Ivanovic into CB where he is certainly capable of playing and go with Azpilicueta and Cole. We still have enough depth to give everyone breathers when needed.

but I feel like Ivanovic is also not on his best. He's started alternating good matches and some bad. He's probably tired too... Didn't you feel he was really bad in some of the latest matches (I mix them so I can't precisely say which ones), while he was very, very solid at the start of the season?

but I feel like Ivanovic is also not on his best. He's started alternating good matches and some bad. He's probably tired too... Didn't you feel he was really bad in some of the latest matches (I mix them so I can't precisely say which ones), while he was very, very solid at the start of the season?

He had a great start to the season but yes, he's been off and on since. Still, he's plenty good enough to be able to rotate into the CB position when needed. I actually think we have the perfect depth and flexibility at the back now. IMO, we should be rotating 6 players for 4 positions (Cole at LB, Ivanovic at RB and CB, Azpilicueta at RB and LB and Terry, Luiz, and Cahill at CB.) Enough game time to keep everyone happy and enough depth to keep players rested.

When he's on the pitch, every goal we concede is blamed on him, I wonder what is the excuse now. Terry is far too slow which means we have to give the opposition a lot of space to have him on the pitch while Cahill is nothing but a brainless lanky bobble-head who has no business being here.