David Luiz

the wes

Are people really expecting DL to come back after a month of being out and barely playing in about two months and expecting him to be world class straight away? Unbelievable.

This isn't about recent form. This is about a man who has been at the club for almost three years and has seen himself dropped twice since the season started.

Same people who were crying for him to be back when we conceded 3 goals against Stoke and Sunderland. They are just weird.

For the goals against Sunderland I would've liked Drogba back to clear some of those corners, and for the Stoke game I'd have liked a decent central midfielder to provide cover for the defence.

This guy has been dropped twice for a reason.

I want to see him and Cahill play against Sunderland without the security of having JT next to them, they both need to show who deserves the position, if Mikel is in front of them it could be a long night with a lot of confusion.

But one or both of them need to start taking responsibilty and David needs to be concentrated for 95 mins ,everybody can make an error but sloppiness is unforgiveable and that is all that is holding him back,as we all know he has the ability to be a Chelsea great and a Chelsea captain one day, with the right focus.

This isn't about recent form. This is about a man who has been at the club for almost three years and has seen himself dropped twice since the season started.

For the goals against Sunderland I would've liked Drogba back to clear some of those corners, and for the Stoke game I'd have liked a decent central midfielder to provide cover for the defence.

This guy has been dropped twice for a reason.

He didn't have a pre season and came back injured. Cut him some slack. He was brilliant last season and his start of the season so far has not been ideal at all so I think you're being unfair.

He didn't have a pre season and came back injured. Cut him some slack. He was brilliant last season and his start of the season so far has not been ideal at all so I think you're being unfair.

He was brilliant last season lol... I can name so many matches he was horrible, please don't let his goals against Basel, Fulham to overcloud your true judgment of him.

He was okay last season, but how many of those games came in a DM role? What we need from him is consistency. That's what sets the top defenders apart from the 'lesser' ones.

Sell him and Mata around 75ml and bid for Suarez/Falcao.Obviously they are not in Jose's head.IMO

Funny thing is this is actually true, we aren't really missing Mata's goals and creativity. Hazard, Willian, Schurrle and Oscar are more than capable of filling it. Then there is Luiz which we have been doing well without anyway and somehow he is hyped up to worth more than £30m now.

He was brilliant last season lol... I can name so many matches he was horrible, please don't let his goals against Basel, Fulham to overcloud your true judgment of him.

Yes, he was brilliant last season. Not only because of his goals, which were definitely a bonus, but for his defending too. A no-nonsense defender like Gary Cahill makes just as many defensive mistakes as Luiz does but never gets anywhere near as much stick for them as Luiz does, why the fuck is that? Because he's English?

I don't even know why I replied to you, it's been clear for a while now you offer nothing to this forum. It's funny really, your name is "BlueMourinhoKing" and you have Jose in your avatar but still you do nothing but criticize Mourinho and our players every chance you get, while at the same time praising teams like Arsenal and Liverpool who haven't really been anything special this season either. Why don't you go support them instead?

Don't bother replying, you just became the third member ever I've placed on the ignore list.

^^^^Because Cahill WAS SIGNED FOR ALMOST NOTHING and his expectations aren't high, no one believe he was EVER WORLD CLASS. While Luis is one of the best CB in the world according to many people on here, so of course he would be under more pressure to perform. And your comments about supporting Arsenal/Liverpool, typical blue tinted glasses supporters who refuse to look anywhere beyond your own team.

So Arsenal/Liverpool is just ahead of us on points and goal differences by pure luck? There is credit where it is due and criticism when needed, not just 1 or the other only.

^^^^Because Cahill WAS SIGNED FOR ALMOST NOTHING and his expectations aren't high, no one believe he was EVER WORLD CLASS. While Luis is one of the best CB in the world according to many people on here, so of course he would be under more pressure to perform. And your comments about supporting Arsenal/Liverpool, typical blue tinted glasses supporters who refuse to look anywhere beyond your own team.

So Arsenal/Liverpool is just ahead of us on points and goal differences by pure luck? There is credit where it is due and criticism when needed, not just 1 or the other only.

Fuck, ignore not working on Tapatalk so I'm being forced to continue reading your posts.

I wasn't taking anything away from Arsenal and Liverpool, they've done just as well as us this season in the Premier League but not much more to be completely honest. And aren't you forgetting that both of them are already out of the League Cup, Arsenal finished runners up in their CL group and Liverpool were shit enough not to have any European football to begin with?

The way you've been going on about these teams could fool someone into believing they're both better than Barca of 09 and according to you we have zero chance of finishing above them unless we sack Mourinho on the spot and spend 200m on new players in January. Is that really your idea of 'fair criticism'?

Fuck, ignore not working on Tapatalk so I'm being forced to continue reading your posts.

I wasn't taking anything away from Arsenal and Liverpool, they've done just as well as us this season in the Premier League but not much more to be completely honest. And aren't you forgetting that both of them are already out of the League Cup, Arsenal finished runners up in their CL group and Liverpool were shit enough not to have any European football to begin with?

The way you've been going on about these teams could fool someone into believing they're both better than Barca of 09 and according to you we have zero chance of finishing above them unless we sack Mourinho on the spot and spend 200m on new players in January. Is that really your idea of 'fair criticism'?

LOL what where did I say we need to sack Mourinho? I am saying Roman might decide to do it IF WE DON'T WIN ANYTHING this season. Like I said, most of the criticism coming Jose's way is because of the way we had been playing for the last few weeks, which had been terrible. If he wins at Arsenal next week, then of course the praises can come his way, but atm he really hasn't done much to warrant praises.

You are forgetting they played MU and ourselves to go out, not some Championship team or something. And Arsenal 2nd in their GROUP OF DEATH, which if was us do you really think we could even make it out there? They could have even top their group if not for their last game fucked up at Napoli. And Liverpool is entirely different now compare to last season, where they could lose to Aston Villa at home. Comparison is so unfair for them.

If we play blistering free goal scoring football like we did in 09-10 or for a period of last season, NO ONE WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING. But you are happy with barely grinding out victories against Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Southampton? And tolerate losses like against Stokes and almost to West Brom.

My list is up to 9. I only ever had 1 up until last month.

Don't bother replying, you just became the third member ever I've placed on the ignore list.

My tolerance must be terrible because I have nearly 20 in mine. When I identify a pattern, I just move people there. They'll annoy me, I'll be tempted to answer back to nonsense, so to avoid all that, I just put them there.

As for David Luiz criticism and expectation, potential and whats not.

I think he IS a great CB and he still has some aspects he needs to improve. People talk about him being 26 as if he's done and can't improve. He can, I'm not sure if he will, but he can.

The kind of defending he provides to Brazil and the kind he provided to us most of last season is nearly flawless. He'll make mistakes as any CB will, otherwise most matches around the world would end 0x0.

If Chelsea paid 3x for him than they paid for Cahill, it's their problem. We all know Portuguese teams capitalize a lot with their signings, so basically any player coming from them will be overpriced.

The fact is now we have a team like Barcelona willing to pay 30m for him. Go see if anyone will ever pay even 10m for Cahill. Are they all that much delusional? Are they all that stupid to invest on potential and not reality? Barça has a problem RIGHT NOW in their defense. They aren't looking for potential, but for an immediate impact and the second name in their list was Luiz (Silva being the first).

The problem about Luiz's mistakes being talked much more than others' is because normally they aren't subtle. Cahill failed in many goals we've conceded this season, but none of them was as bad as that lazy ball Luiz passed to Cech that led to a goal (honestly can't remember if it was Norwich or Cardiff because my memory sucks). So because his errors are messes normally it's easier to criticize it rather than the guy that has mediocre technique, watches opponents all the time, is slow and can't for the life of himself get an offside trap well done, although he does try them quite often and many times can't reach the opponent because he's slow. Not to say the eventual positioning mistake and how awfully passive is his defending. So it's easy to criticize the guy that makes ONE huge mistake that leads to one goal, rather than the guy that makes many of them, leading to many clear chances to opposition and goals. I'm not saying Luiz was responsible only for one goal, but normally his mistakes are that bizarre whereas Cahill's are there almost every match... but JT, Iva, Cech make up for him and we don't concede much, although we do concede because of him too.

As a Brazilian I'm happy with the CB playing for my NT, if English people are happy with Cahill on their defense too, then let's all be happy to have both playing for Chelsea, right?

Yeah all those crazies who prefer the 30m-rated and sougth-after player over the 7m no one wants. :rolleyes:

People of course can have their own personal preferences, but consider that you may actually be the crazy ones.

what i love is that the same people who just a week ago were critisizing GC ohn his technique (or rather lack of it) are now giving excusses like DL is the 30mil defender... goes on to show exactly how bad DL has been... and how crazy people actually are... but yes u should keep loving him since his worth is 30mil in the market, while he keeps performing like a 2 mil defender.

He was okay last season, but how many of those games came in a DM role? What we need from him is consistency. That's what sets the top defenders apart from the 'lesser' ones.

Luiz barely had any good games at DM last year, maybe 3 or 4 and they were all against weaker, sub standard opponents. He was consistent last season, especially for the last half. If you can't remember that then I can't help you, sorry.

Luiz was IMO after Mata and Hazard our 3rd best and most consistent player. He had tons of good games at CB last season.