David Luiz

the wes

To all those who are bashing Luiz. Criticising him may get you the reps but certainly does not help you as a Chelsea FC supporter.Also,please don't reply with- this is not Luiz FC blah blah,getting really old.

Luiz is a solid defender and any team would be happy to have him.Had he been at Porto we all would be drooling over the prospect of signing him and urging the club to spend 30m+ on him. Just be happy guys and more importantly patient.

I can't imagine many fans would want us to sign a 26 year old for £30 million who still plays with the same faults he had at 23.

That's the bottom line - his staunchest supporters aren't supporting David Luiz. They're supporting who David Luiz COULD be and it's been the same argument ever since he got here. That's why I threw in Zouma's name. I know that he's young and that you're buying potential when you sign him, but that's still very much the case with Luiz.

When John Terry was 26, we weren't still talking about what he could be because he was already at the top of his game. David Luiz is roughly the same age as Vincent Kompany - when you think about the maturity in both of their games then you have to wonder if Luiz will ever actually make that step-up everyone wants him to.

If he didn't scored a few great free kicks and 1-2 30 yards screamer last season I really doubt anyone would have still support him now.

I can't imagine many fans would want us to sign a 26 year old for £30 million who still plays with the same faults he had at 23.

That's the bottom line - his staunchest supporters aren't supporting David Luiz. They're supporting who David Luiz COULD be and it's been the same argument ever since he got here. That's why I threw in Zouma's name. I know that he's young and that you're buying potential when you sign him, but that's still very much the case with Luiz.

When John Terry was 26, we weren't still talking about what he could be because he was already at the top of his game. David Luiz is roughly the same age as Vincent Kompany - when you think about the maturity in both of their games then you have to wonder if Luiz will ever actually make that step-up everyone wants him to.

Honestly,I don't think signing another defender and selling Luiz in the process will solve anything.I say we still remain patient and look at the midfield for some defensive solutions.The addition of class dm may help Luiz play better.

We still need to keep Luiz until the end of season, why?

Don't forget Luiz can play DMC, which is our weakest link. (Ramirez needs rest, Lampard is too old, Mikel is bad for count-attack, Essien is burnt out.)

Also, Ivanovic plays more for RB, if Luiz leaves in Jan 2014 and no replacement, it means we have no substitute for CB (I don't think Mourinho will use Kalas to play CB.)

It is expected that Chelsea will buy Shaw for LB (B34 will be sold to Everton), then AZP will go back to RB and competes with Ivanovic. Ivanovic can play the 3rd choice of CB (Luiz as the 4th choice)

However, if Luiz is sold in Jan 2014, we must have three positions to buy (DMC, CB, LB)

Looked very nervy ,needs to get his head back together ,Palace was a good game for him but he still needed JT to bail him out ,Cahill was injured and needed a rest but he and JT still look our most secure until David gets some confidence back ,this league does nobody any favours and any weakness is pounced on unlike Portugal.

DL when plays often has to make up for the lack of steal and ability to win a midfield our team has had over the last 3 years so he has to step up and try and make a play further up the pitch then back off until our 18 yard box.. If we had more capable midfielders playing in front of our back 4 both CBs would have a much easier time at it.. The opposition far too many times walks right down the middle with no pressure from from our "pivot"

I have seen more good and great games from Luiz than absolute poor performances and for me I still believe his qualities are something you don't just ship off.. I just find it funny that when he plays well none of the people complaining about average performance were calling for his head so typical of a "what have you done for me lately fan" ...

I have already stated earlier on this forum that Cahill had the centre back position and that it was his to lose. Well Luiz has now got the position back and well, I am quietly optomistic that it is now his to lose. He is still prone to the odd "walkabout" from his position. But, what he has over Cahill is that he can pick a forward pass, and can, on his day open up defences with them.

But look, whoever holds down the spot really needs to kick on and get that defence purring like we were used to. Luiz or Cahill ? I think we are lucky to have both.

Honestly,I don't think signing another defender and selling Luiz in the process will solve anything.I say we still remain patient and look at the midfield for some defensive solutions.The addition of class dm may help Luiz play better.

THIS.

it can not always be GCs fault or JTs fault or DLs fault. right now we dont need a new CB, what we need is a new DM. get sven/witsel. please.