Chelsea v Barcelona

James

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to get Messi sent off so he misses the 2nd leg or completely Break him with a JT challenge or Mikel, JT and Essien all take turns to kick him or stand on his toes to try n break a metatarsal. He's never scored in England tho has he? Except the Final last year.

I'm a football fan, Never wish an injury on any player, especially a player that doesn't dive, cheat or try and con referee's, even with his small size.

I'm hoping Messi is playing, but plays shite.

I honestly think i'll cry if we go through.

This is what my ideal result would be,

First Leg

-----------Drogba------------

Kalou-----Mata----Ramires

---Lampard------Mikel------

A.Cole----------------Ivanovic

--------J.Terry---Luiz----------

--------------Cech---------------

Subs---

--Sturridge

--Torres

--Cahill

This foramtion has benefited us under RDM and out there is our best possible starting 11. With our form/moral and power of this formation, i think we can get a victory with this.

Presumably if we get a win or a scoreless draw, it does in the end benefit us.

2nd Leg (Away)

--------------------------Torres----------

Mata--------Drogba---------------------

-------------------------Ramires--------

---------Lampard----Mikel--------------

A.Cole--------------------------Ivanovic

------------J.Terry----Luiz---------------

------------------Cech---------------------

Subs---

Cahill

Sturridge

Romeu/Essien

No way in hell were going to out possess Barca at the nou camp, this formation is directly influenced on defending and forcing the counter attack with drogba dropping down to fill his defensive roles while Torres and Mata up top pressures the Barca defense.

Some stats -

Chelsea and Barcelona have each reached the semi-final stage of the Champions League six times in the last nine seasons (since 2003/04), the best tallies over that period.

Chelsea and Barcelona have played each other 10 times in the Champions League, with each team winning three times. The four other games were drawn.

Chelsea are unbeaten in their last five Champions League games against Barcelona, four of which have been draws.

Barcelona last beat Chelsea in February 2006 when both sides met in the last 16 of the Champions League. The Catalans won 2-1 at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea have never lost at Stamford Bridge in a Champions League semi-final (two wins, three draws).

Chelsea have opened the scoring in each of their 10 Champions League games this season. Only Real Madrid can match the Blues’ record.

Barcelona have won the most penalties in the Champions League this season (5) with Chelsea winning the next most (3).

Under Pep Guardiola, Barcelona have only failed to score twice in 24 knockout games in the Champions League (against Chelsea & AC Milan).

Chelsea are the team Lionel Messi has played the most against in the Champions League without scoring: six games, zero goal.

Petr Cech (43) has had to make 34 more saves than Victor Valdes (9) in the Champions League this season.

Barcelona have won the most penalties in the Champions League this season (5) with Chelsea winning the next most (3)....Oh dear....

Draw stats quite nice...though doesnt really help if we draw at the Bridge and 0-0 there...but intresting

I think you mean 2.

Nope, 24 games I think it is being talked about.

We already have the same number of pages like in the Tottenham post-match topic, which was quite alive due to the result :D And the Champions League is still almost 48 hours away lol.

---------------------Cech---------------------

Iva---------Cahill----------Terry--------Cole

----------------Mikel---Lampard------------

Sturridge----------Mata---------------Ramires

-------------------Drogba---------------------

brilliant team choice but id have kalou instead of sturridge to start just because he defends ten times better lol

sturridge come on late with a quickfire hatt-trick? what you say? lol