Chelsea v Barcelona

James

We can make it really diificult and annoying for them by playing a tough physical game, and honestly we have the players to do so (still remember the midfield Essien - Ballack - Lampard - what a block for them). I will never forget how those little bastards complained after the first leg in 2009 - how we had been cheating, kicking them, punching them etc tec. I seriously hope they will be returning to Spain with a lot of bruises and scratches.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/16/dani-alves-chelsea-barcelona-fear

Chelsea play with fear and lack courage, claims Barcelona's Dani Alves

• Full-back stirs memories of 2009 Champions League semi-final

• Chelsea and Barcelona meet again in last four of competition

Sid Lowe interviews Dani Alves

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/16/dani-alves-chelsea-barcelona-fear

Pretty much epitomises what Farca are...Giant, Ignorant, Arrogant cheating assholes. Fear is what lost us the game? Ha, so that's what they call Cheating now?

Do you guys consider a 0-0 draw at home to be a good result for us?

I believe we should first think about our defense and play on the counter. It's crucial to keep a clean sheet in the first leg and I assume the Catalans will have 60%+ possession, which really limits our goal-scoring opportunities to a couple of fast counters, some corners and maybe a spark of brilliance by our forwards.

So, a 0-0 draw is highly possible, I think.

alves is a horrible wee cunt.

Do you guys consider a 0-0 draw at home to be a good result for us?

I believe we should first think about our defense and play on the counter. It's crucial to keep a clean sheet in the first leg and I assume the Catalans will have 60%+ possession, which really limits our goal-scoring opportunities to a couple of fast counters, some corners and maybe a spark of brilliance by our forwards.

So, a 0-0 draw is highly possible, I think.

bloody hell, no! a 2-0 or 3-0 win at home is a great 1st leg result, a 0-0 draw at home against barca is suicide.

bloody hell, no! a 2-0 or 3-0 win at home is a great result, a 0-0 draw at home against barca is suicide.

It's not suicide. It's not ideal though. Any lead going into Camp Nou will be super helpful. A Nill-Nil result could be handy too. We would than not have to win at Camp nou, a Scored Draw will be enough

Juan Mata about game.

A lot of people (myself included) were worried Mata may have regretted leaving Valencia, considering what followed. Having said that, if he had remained there for his entire career, competing in a Champions League semi-final would have been an uncertainty. So, all in all..

It's not suicide. It's not ideal though. Any lead going into Camp Nou will be super helpful. A Nill-Nil result could be handy too. We would than not have to win at Camp nou, a Scored Draw will be enough

yes, and if they score 3 or 4 past us at nou camp and our aggregate going in is 0-0, we're screwed.

it is suicide if we don't have a 2 or 3 goals advantage going into nou camp. hell, even a 2 or 3 goals advantage is not actually truly ideal.

Just like in 2009 (Messi V Ronaldo), UEFA have their 'ideal final', El Clasico.

They may not even have to appoint a dodgy ref this time. No doubt the officials will want revenge on Chelsea FC, for the treatment of ‘one their own‘, as a European match official family. the abuse from fans, hurling flags at Ovrebo in the tunnel, The death threats Ovrebo received, the players reactions. Revenge time indeed…