Benfica 0-1 Chelsea

Kieran.

110 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOTM: Luiz. Great performance. Kalou though, who would have thought? JOKE. Anyone can score a tap in. The goal was all Ramires' and Torres' work.

Kalou played really well tonight, you're being very harsh. Forget the goal, name me one player on our books who would have performed better. There are amoebas on undiscovered planets that would make better wingers than Dan Sturridge, and Malouda is probably the most selfish winger in Europe.

"Chelsea ended Benfica’s 10-game winning streak in Europe & stopped them scoring at home for the first time in 3 years."

+

Chelsea became only the 2nd team this season to get a result and beat Benfica at the Estadio da Luz.

+

Chelsea became only the 2nd team this season to get a result and beat Benfica at the Estadio da Luz.

Not surprised by that, their atmosphere was outstanding until we scored. Great stadium.

Oh yeah, never mentioned their constant theatrics. I would say typical Portuguese cheats but did they even have 1 Portuguese player? We had more than them lmao! Their diving and appealing and rolling around was absolutely shocking. The ref bought it a couple of times but had a decent game considering the noisy crowd.

Not surprised by that, their atmosphere was outstanding until we scored. Great stadium.

Here's another one.

'Chelsea have now only conceded 1 goal in the last 8 games in all competitions in which John Terry has started.'

Great away win, half time get them back to the bridge, same again, take it easy, defend how we did today, not get into a dog fight (with the fixture list pilling up) got to say Paulo Ferreia what a game he had, feel for the guy, bides his time and when needed comes in and does the job, think he has been over looked ov er the last few years.. good win CAREFREE

feel so happy for Kalou !!!

a nice win for the blues ... Torres getting sharper and sharper by the day.

good play from Luiz and some really crucial saves from Cech even though they might be regarded as regular ones! :)

Hope we don't squander this precious away goal at SB :D

edit : almost forgot was also happy to see PF play ... and i think he did really well ! :)

Oh yeah, never mentioned their constant theatrics. I would say typical Portuguese cheats but did they even have 1 Portuguese player? We had more than them lmao! Their diving and appealing and rolling around was absolutely shocking. The ref bought it a couple of times but had a decent game considering the noisy crowd.

Every team playing Champions Leagues games tonight had Portuguese players in their starting line up with the exception of Benfica.

feel so happy for Kalou !!!

a nice win for the blues ... Torres getting sharper and sharper by the day.

good play from Luiz and some really crucial saves from Cech even though they might be regarded as regular ones! :)

Hope we don't squander this precious away goal at SB :D

edit : almost forgot was also happy to see PF play ... and i think he did really well ! :)

Torres with a better mid and awesome wingers, will be killing teams! blue%20scalf.gif

Can't wait for the summer. Going to be great.

Great display!!! Kalou Ramires Luiz Torres all did the work for me. We have totally found our ways in Europe, and Robbie can do no wrong. Kalou and Torres real really really help on defensive and mata wich we all know drogs and Malouda hate doing. wish romeu was playing, where is he?? Would be better for 4231 with him as apposed to mierles.

And stop with the hatin on kalou, he ds well today and deserved to get assist/goal. And Ramires, damn, just keeps plugin

away.

2nd leg: we got this!!! Now fukin villa who beat us at home, how the fuk that happen!?!?!?!?!? :)

Torres proves why I wanted him ahead of Drogba.

The only thing Torres has proven is that he has excellent link-up play.

Otherwise, he has been a massive choker in front of goal for the better part of two years now. Drogba is still our first choice striker, Torres a backup who can fill in against lesser sides. When used in a creative role however, Fernando is still starting material.

Just don't count on any goals in the big matches (eg. Arsenal).