Kieran.

110 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the locked topic earlier:

I was referring to the David Luiz goal-line handball. And if Harry Kewell gets sent off for that in South Africa, David Luiz should be off for that as well, referee's must be consistent. We all know it's not a penalty, but why are Australia punished for it when Chelsea aren't? Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted that we won 1-0 and it wasn't given, but that penalty in 2010 was the reason we didn't come 2nd in our group and still leaves a sour taste in my mouth, and if the refereeing isn't consistent its a further case for telling FIFA to get to fuck and forming a rebel league with a decision review system.

Obv, one of them is a mistake. Why do you want to make the decision tonight the mistake? Doesn't make sense. If you want to the refs to be consistent, complain about the the Australia penalty, not this one.

I disagree, Sturridge offers more going up with his technique and pace. Kalou's more of a goal poacher.

Look at the dirty work Kalou did tonight, I saw him in our box probably a dozen times and that's not including set pieces. He gets back and defends, which is vital for us as our fullbacks aren't that great anymore. Sturridge is not cut out to be a winger, he will be an excellent striker but he should not be anywhere near the wing. He's only there this season as a stop gap, because we haven't got anyone else who can play on the wing.

Di Matteo's team selection was absolutely brilliant tonight, I'll admit I when I saw Meireles and Ferreira starting tonight I feared the worst but they both came through and played really well, full credit to di Matteo for having faith in his players.

If someone said to me 2 months ago that we will be playing in Champions League quarter final and that Torres would assist to Kalou to grab us a victory I probably wouldn't be posting here, instead I would be probably lying 6 feet under due to choking myself out of laughter :ph34r:

Well done lads. Nothing spectacular tonight, but we had our moments, played defensively well, had some luck and deserved a victory. Benfica played nicely also and they still have a chance at SB, though an away goal and victory lift our chances immensely.

Luiz and Rami were awesome. David is turning into a world class defender and mistakes he used to make earlier are now pretty rare. He is also a great lad and I'm very happy we have him but Ramires also. Great players.

Whole of the team did well though, nothing spectacular as I said, but they worked hard, stayed disciplined which ultimately payed of.

MOTM: David Luiz

Bring on Aston Villa :cfc:

Look at the dirty work Kalou did tonight, I saw him in our box probably a dozen times and that's not including set pieces. He gets back and defends, which is vital for us as our fullbacks aren't that great anymore. Sturridge is not cut out to be a winger, he will be an excellent striker but he should not be anywhere near the wing. He's only there this season as a stop gap, because we haven't got anyone else who can play on the wing.

Di Matteo's team selection was absolutely brilliant tonight, I'll admit I when I saw Meireles and Ferreira starting tonight I feared the worst but they both came through and played really well, full credit to di Matteo for having faith in his players.

Indeed, I'm not taking anything from Kalou because he was fantastic tonight and held the ball well up front. All i'm saying is if there was one last spot on the team I had to fill, I'd choose Sturridge over Kalou.

Still baffled by some of you

Other than the goal please tell me how Kalou gave a great performance?

In the first half he was one of the few Chelsea players who was decent going forward. Mata was pretty much non existent, which was probably due to fatigue.

If someone said to me 2 months ago that we will be playing in Champions League quarter final and that Torres would assist to Kalou to grab us a victory I probably wouldn't be posting here, instead I would be probably lying 6 feet under due to choking myself out of laughter :ph34r:

Well done lads. Nothing spectacular tonight, but we had our moments, played defensively well, had some luck and deserved a victory. Benfica played nicely also and they still have a chance at SB, though an away goal and victory lift our chances immensely.

Luiz and Rami were awesome. David is turning into a world class defender and mistakes he used to make earlier are now pretty rare. He is also a great lad and I'm very happy we have him but Ramires also. Great players.

Whole of the team did well though, nothing spectacular as I said, but they worked hard, stayed disciplined which ultimately payed of.

MOTM: David Luiz

Bring on Aston Villa :cfc:

A. Villa ain't a tough opponent, so Mata needs a rest!

I would also like to see Cole get a rest and give a run to Ryan!

And if we can get some time to Lukaku and Romeu it will cap an awesome week! :blue scalf:

In terms of effort and work rate, I really don't see how you can fault the guy. Not to mention his great work ethics in tracking back every single time, very few in his position do that anymore.

Nevermind Kalou, apparently getting the result needed also turns embarrassing games into displays of tactical intelligence and defensive solidity.

This game is easily one of the 5 worst I've seen this season and despite the inspiring performance by David Luiz we could have easily been 2 down in the second half.

In terms of effort and work rate, I really don't see how you can fault the guy. Not to mention his great work ethics in tracking back every single time, very few in his position do that anymore.

souness praised the tracking back Of kalou ,,,but of course he knows nothing compared to the experts on here