Benfica 0-1 Chelsea

Kieran.

110 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, hope you don't change opinion in next game, I don't consider we are a top team from Europe, we are a good team, we don't have Abramovich that could spend millions, we buy players who anyone doesn't know and then every top teams want them for millions, we do a great job with our orçament, we don't spend 15M for a coach and then we dismissed him, by the way we have 2 CL in the 60's, so you can't even comparate, if you are much better and a top team why you are 5 in the EPL and playing with a poor football style? I just prefer United because they doesn't spend millions with top players, they buy good players and Sir Alex make them top players like the example for the portugueses Nani and Ronaldo, I really don't want to critizise anyone but some of you are so disrespect to Benfica that make that you don't deserve to pass, we are humbles and respect all the teams we fight against, I really like Chelsea but this year I don't see them with a top team like 2008.

LOL, hope you don't change opinion in next game, I don't consider we are a top team from Europe, we are a good team, we don't have Abramovich that could spend millions, we buy players who anyone doesn't know and then every top teams want them for millions, we do a great job with our orçament, we don't spend 15M for a coach and then we dismissed him, by the way we have 2 CL in the 60's, so you can't even comparate, if you are much better and a top team why you are 5 in the EPL and playing with a poor football style? I just prefer United because they doesn't spend millions with top players, they buy good players and Sir Alex make them top players like the example for the portugueses Nani and Ronaldo, I really don't want to critizise anyone but some of you are so disrespect to Benfica that make that you don't deserve to pass, we are humbles and respect all the teams we fight against, I really like Chelsea but this year I don't see them with a top team like 2008.

IMO I thought benfica played a good game against us. Decent offensively but I think you will agree that you are very leaky at the back.

I am really curious how do you manage to get a draw against MU. Ramires beat your left back with ease, how do you cope with again Antonio Valencia ?

IMO I thought benfica played a good game against us. Decent offensively but I think you will agree that you are very leaky at the back.

I am really curious how do you manage to get a draw against MU. Ramires beat your left back with ease, how do you cope with again Antonio Valencia ?

Yeah I know that you are good people and can talk decently but others are just too disrepectful with us. Benfica played a decent offensivley game but could be better, we are much better offensively if we play with Nolito but our coach is just poor and think that is better than everyone, we are sad of him. With United Emerson isn't so poor, he was very confident and he was a 7/10 player from the beggining but after January he just showed that is just very poor and when Garay play he doesn't seem so bad because Garay cover him very well and is a top player, but Jardel is just poor like Emerson.

I'm only being disrespectful because you are doing the same. I have great respect for all football teams, don't be so naive to consider me otherwise. The only reason you think Chelsea fans are being arrogant is because you are angry by the propagandist bullshit your media has been spreading about Drogba. As for saying we can't compare with you because you have won two Champions Leagues, that counts for nothing, because that was 50 years ago. I am not being disrespectful, I am saying the absolute truth - we deserved to win on Tuesday, if you can't admit that then you are too biased to be a true football fan. Benfica disappointed me, because I know they are a better side than what we saw on Tuesday. I hope you perform better on Wednesday.

I thought your coach got your tactics wrong as well. You needed to attack more, there was one period in the second half where you played well and caused us a lot of problems, but other than that I didn't see a lot to make me worried. Our biggest fear now is overconfidence because I expect you will score at Stamford Bridge.

As for your point, you are absolutely right. This is the worst Chelsea team in 10 years, but football works in mysterious ways, doesn't it? We know that we are a shit side, but we also know we played better than Benfica did, which speaks volumes about how badly your side performed on Tuesday night. You froze in the big occasion.

We are not being arrogant, we know our side is poor. We're just excited that this year of all years, after all the shit we've endured, that we could make something amazing out of absolutely nothing! ;)

No bad feelings, I hope. I apologise if I seemed rude, but I really wasn't. I always say things as I see them, that's the sort of guy I am. I am highly opinionated. :lol:

I'm only being disrespectful because you are doing the same. I have great respect for all football teams, don't be so naive to consider me otherwise. The only reason you think Chelsea fans are being arrogant is because you are angry by the propagandist bullshit your media has been spreading about Drogba. As for saying we can't compare with you because you have won two Champions Leagues, that counts for nothing, because that was 50 years ago. I am not being disrespectful, I am saying the absolute truth - we deserved to win on Tuesday, if you can't admit that then you are too biased to be a true football fan. Benfica disappointed me, because I know they are a better side than what we saw on Tuesday. I hope you perform better on Wednesday.

I thought your coach got your tactics wrong as well. You needed to attack more, there was one period in the second half where you played well and caused us a lot of problems, but other than that I didn't see a lot to make me worried. Our biggest fear now is overconfidence because I expect you will score at Stamford Bridge.

As for your point, you are absolutely right. This is the worst Chelsea team in 10 years, but football works in mysterious ways, doesn't it? We know that we are a shit side, but we also know we played better than Benfica did, which speaks volumes about how badly your side performed on Tuesday night. You froze in the big occasion.

We are not being arrogant, we know our side is poor. We're just excited that this year of all years, after all the shit we've endured, that we could make something amazing out of absolutely nothing! ;)

No bad feelings, I hope. I apologise if I seemed rude, but I really wasn't. I always say things as I see them, that's the sort of guy I am. I am highly opinionated. :lol:

No worries mate, I agree with you in certain points, I really don't think that you played better than us, the right result was a draw but this is football. And then we have the JT's hand that could change many things. But it's right that now we are poorest than 2/3 months ago but that is just because our coach doesn't rotate the team and the are super fatigated, now we have the most important games of the season against Chelsea, Braga and Sporting Lisbon and all in 1/2 weeks and the players will not be 100% but I am proud for Benfica reach to the quarters and last year the semi's of Europa League because the two last decades were too bad for us because some presidents steal Benfica and we are now standing up again, in a few years we could be in the top again :)

Sorry if I sounded arrogant as well. This was based on the game. If we, probably the slowest team in England, outpaced your defenders regularly, Napoli, with their super quick strikers, would have gotten in behind your defenders many more times than we did.

Listen buddy, I think you are making a mistake here. Hardly anyone's disrespecting Benfica. We're all just excited because we have an away goal, and have the prospect of facing a big team in the next round. We know the tie is far from over. So chill...

I don't, long may they continue choking it :D

So many people just talk shit, Chelsea didn't play well and they had lucky because we have Emerson and Jardel in the left side and Torres wants to cross to far post and cross to Kalou. John Terry and Mikel can play with hands that nothing happens, Luiz stop a goal from Cardozo, Cech did well and nothing more, in the next match Benfica will be much more offensive and you don't think that would be easy, you have a very poor team for someone who wants to win de CL or the PL, many of you think that you are better than you really are. Just saying...

Bitter much?

So many people just talk shit, Chelsea didn't play well and they had lucky because we have Emerson and Jardel in the left side and Torres wants to cross to far post and cross to Kalou. John Terry and Mikel can play with hands that nothing happens, Luiz stop a goal from Cardozo, Cech did well and nothing more, in the next match Benfica will be much more offensive and you don't think that would be easy, you have a very poor team for someone who wants to win de CL or the PL, many of you think that you are better than you really are. Just saying...

oh the return of the tosser ....how was your last prediction??? oh yes Chelsea were going to get destroyed ...What a PRIZE PLONKER you are Rodney

Bro why you getting so mad?, we were a better side than you before we got the money. No need to get mad, you could kick our arse on the 2nd leg i wouldn't go on a benfica forum and start getting so mad and calling the club names and disrespecting it. Our history record isn't strong, especially in europe, but in the league our records in matches and league finishes have been quality, but no one takes them into account it's just trophies, trophies, trophies. We know our team is incredibly shit, that was actually a good game for us because the team is just awful. How on earth we beat Napoli 4-1 i'll never know. But that doesn't mean we can't be proud of our team, and you'd be the exact same. Yes it was a penalty for you, we've been cheated out aswell you know, ever watched the Chelsea Vs Barca a few years ago?. To be fair we were the better team don't deny it, our chances were much better, and that's that. But it's not over yet, you can still beat us. So stop whining and getting bitter.

We beat Napoli 4-1, when they 3-1 up on aggregate, they must of been gutted and gob smacked, did you get one of them coming on here sprouting shit like you just have?, no you mo fucking didn't.

Some of the Benfica guys coming over here are real tossers.

Some Chelsea fans are real tossers too, but I don't let that influence how I feel about the club in general. Benfica fans are proud and sometimes a little too defensive, but the club itself is respectful, storied, and nothing to look down at the way some Chelsea fans and most British fans do. Its hard to stay classy when people dismiss us simply cuz of the league we play in. I hate Porto with a passion but I still give them a lot of respect for what they've done in Europe recently, and even they don't get the respect they deserve for their accomplishments. Frustrating, but I'm still enjoying myself. Cheers!