Benfica 0-1 Chelsea

Kieran.

110 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good result but the match was hard to watch until the goal. They probably should have had a pen and a world-class save from Cech denied them an opening goal. Luiz my MotM with Cech and Ramires (due to his part in the goal) following.

A one goal lead does not guarantee us a place in the semis but Benfica were also exceptionally poor.

I don't want Mourinho anymore! Give Di Matteo a payrise... he got the tactics spot on tonight!

We frustrated the hell out of Benfica, didn't let them score, and what's even better, Torres assisted another goal!

I'm a happy man! We can finish the job at the Bridge!

Kalou just showed us how poor Sturridge is today. He should be starting on the wing for the rest of the season IMO, and Sturridge needs to be brought back down to earth so a few games where he stays on the bench or doesn't even make the matchday squad would certainly force him to think over his attitude.

All talk, no walk from Benfica.

Thoroughly deserved result .. dealt with whatever they had to throw at us, did the business at the other end. This is more of a win for RDM than Napoli was. The starting lineup oozed freshness and fair play to him for not going for the obvious and using the options at his disposal. Ferreira, Mikel, Ramires, Cole - all immense but MOTM for me has got to be that man David Luiz. Calmness and responsibility personified, it was a heartening performance from someone who's copped an awful lot of (unwarranted) stick from everyone and their dog. A performance of immense maturity and determination.

It's still just half time in this tie and we'll need to maintain this level back home to go through. For tonight though, a job very well done.

P.S - Benfica's histrionics were disgraceful. Really disappointed with them.

Kalou just showed us how poor Sturridge is today. He should be starting on the wing for the rest of the season IMO, and Sturridge needs to be brought back down to earth so a few games where he stays on the bench or doesn't even make the matchday squad would certainly force him to think over his attitude.

I disagree, Sturridge offers more going up with his technique and pace. Kalou's more of a goal poacher.