Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

arda turan wants pl move. should we be interested?

Yes, but we'll go for him only if Cuadrado will leave imo. I would do that. Turan as the 4th option for Hazard, Oscar and Willian. He'll probably start for us unless Oscar up his game.

Downside? I call it the biggest benefit. I liked the old days when teams had most players with them for years instead of nowadays when this is the exception. This obsession with spending mindlessly every window is what inflated price tags in the first place. I don't like this constant renovation where every season half a team is shipped. I prefer quiet windows with teams making a couple of clinical transfers and demanding managers to find other ways to make titles move from where they are. Today it feels like everything should be fixed with money injection and short term solutions.

We've done it for years, I'm not an hypocrite to deny I'm thankful for Roman's money. It changed the game, but it got out of control and I like that FFP may force teams to work within themselves to improve instead of splashing crazy amounts of money.

So I'm hopeful this is going to be a quieter window all around compared to the last few years.

I think it will be a quieter transfer window as I don't think we need to spend 40+ million on a player unless they are top quality.

Would be happy to see us strengthen our midfield and add a #2 keeper

are there any top, 'available' players for us to go after? yes.

every player is available when you have as much money Chelsea has.

there's no wrong in wanting better of the club and expecting us to be capable of launching £20m and £30m bids left and right for the best players from teams such as Atletico, Valencia, Sevilla, Roma, Lyon, wherever. They all have brilliant players, who aren't 'for sale' and thus not 'available' in that sense, but for the right price, these clubs aren't going to be turning down our offers.

If we wanted to, we could offer £40m for Vidal or Otamendi or whoever. They're top players. They'd suddenly be available. What about Carrasco? Monaco are not the powerhouse they were expected to be. In fact there's plenty top players we could take interest in.*

there's no excuse for looking for bargain buys this summer.

*I keep adding and deleting and adding examples because there's so many examples of top players we could buy.

(Krychowiak, Iborra, Bellarabi, Moutinho, pretty much any Borussia Dortmund player)

Firmino is a great signing for Liverpool. He's technically strong and one of the most creative players in Europe over the past two seasons. I'm not sure he's a priority signing for them though. they needed a quality striker and a couple of defenders more.I'm a bit disappointed because he's a player we could have used to take the creativity load off Hazard and fabregas plus he's an upgrade on oscar as far as creativity and being a pure no 10 is concerned.

Not for £29m. Rip off.

(Krychowiak, Iborra, Bellarabi, Moutinho, pretty much any Borussia Dortmund player)

Those are your examples? honestly i wouldnt take any of them to our first XI. Moutinho is very good though.

Vidal? Pirlo and Pogba would probably leave Juventus this summer or the next one, Juventus wont sell.

Otamendi? sure, if you want to spend 50m euros on a 27 yo CB when we already have a very good back line. Imo that would be silly.

are there any top, 'available' players for us to go after? yes.

every player is available when you have as much money Chelsea has.

there's no wrong in wanting better of the club and expecting us to be capable of launching £20m and £30m bids left and right for the best players from teams such as Atletico, Valencia, Sevilla, Roma, Lyon, wherever. They all have brilliant players, who aren't 'for sale' and thus not 'available' in that sense, but for the right price, these clubs aren't going to be turning down our offers.

If we wanted to, we could offer £40m for Vidal or Otamendi or whoever. They're top players. They'd suddenly be available. What about Carrasco? Monaco are not the powerhouse they were expected to be. In fact there's plenty top players we could take interest in.*

there's no excuse for looking for bargain buys this summer.

*I keep adding and deleting and adding examples because there's so many examples of top players we could buy.

None of those guys would start for us/improve the XI much at all, apart from Reus.

Vidal? Pirlo and Pogba would probably leave Juventus this summer or the next one, Juventus wont sell.

If you're Juve and you're offered £40m for Vidal this summer, and Pogba stays (just as likely as him leaving), you take that £40m and go buy yourself a replacement for £20m & everything continues merrily. Juventus aren't in a position to turn down such figures for a 28 year old, but we're in a position to put forward such offers.