Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Yup but not many world class players to move this season anyway. This is the downside of the FFP monopoly. Most great players are settled in their clubs already. Shame.

Downside? I call it the biggest benefit. I liked the old days when teams had most players with them for years instead of nowadays when this is the exception. This obsession with spending mindlessly every window is what inflated price tags in the first place. I don't like this constant renovation where every season half a team is shipped. I prefer quiet windows with teams making a couple of clinical transfers and demanding managers to find other ways to make titles move from where they are. Today it feels like everything should be fixed with money injection and short term solutions.

We've done it for years, I'm not an hypocrite to deny I'm thankful for Roman's money. It changed the game, but it got out of control and I like that FFP may force teams to work within themselves to improve instead of splashing crazy amounts of money.

So I'm hopeful this is going to be a quieter window all around compared to the last few years.

Ideally I'd like to see

Schweinsteiger > Ramires. Its clear we need a backup to Cesc and this is the guy for me. Sell Ramires for £8m, buy Schweinsteiger for 10. Good business.

Clyne > Luis Replacement for Iva on the RB. Azpi on LB is going nowhere imo, it's why we are only being linked with RBs instead of LBs.

Ake > - LB cover, hopefully also getting a runout at DM too in cup matches.

Traore > Drogba Depth in ST/WNG positions. Effectively a replacement for Drogs. Depending on the wing situation Solanke may well be in with a shout. Done.

Song > Mikel We should do better at DM than we have with Mikel. To those saying he's underrated, you're overrating him.

Green/Begovic > Cech New No 2.

Conforms to Jose's "Strength in depth" this transfer window. One new player in Ake because we are dangerously short staffed in terms of defenders.

Downside? I call it the biggest benefit. I liked the old days when teams had most players with them for years instead of nowadays when this is the exception. This obsession with spending mindlessly every window is what inflated price tags in the first place. I don't like this constant renovation where every season half a team is shipped. I prefer quiet windows with teams making a couple of clinical transfers and demanding managers to find other ways to make titles move from where they are. Today it feels like everything should be fixed with money injection and short term solutions.

We've done it for years, I'm not an hypocrite to deny I'm thankful for Roman's money. It changed the game, but it got out of control and I like that FFP may force teams to work within themselves to improve instead of splashing crazy amounts of money.

So I'm hopeful this is going to be a quieter window all around compared to the last few years.

Well, busy transfer windows are fun IMO, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. But for smaller clubs, FFP has more downsides. When they need to renovate, they can't and when they have a potential worldclass player in their ranks already he will be easily priced away from them. But I guess the latter has always been they case.

Of ocurse for Chelsea, it is easy to say, better everything stays at it is, as we are a team on the ascent anyway while currently being the best team in EPL, too. If everyone stayed where he is, we would win the league by an even bigger margin next year for sure. But it won't.

While I don't see BArca, Real or BAyern improving signficiantly with the players available. All 3 of our domestic rivals can and will improve. Instead of reacting, we should simply be proactive, replace the leavers (Mikel, Cech, Drogba) with the accoridng squad players (Begovic/Green, Song/Witsel/Schneiderlin, Falcao(please not)) and additionally improve on some aspects that have been an issure last season. With 3 of our cbs aging, we might bring in someone like Stones, also ascoring mdifielder with soem defensive prowess would be nice as the Ramires/Fabregas connection does not work in big games.

pogba is not worth buying, don't get me wrong he is a world class player. i just think we don't need him with loftus cheek around

Yeah, probably he is not what we need but saying it is because of RLC is like "we don't need Messi because we have Traore". He would not fit our system, as he does not complement Matic and Fabregas enough. But I honestly doubt that RLC will be a major factor next season.

Well, busy transfer windows are fun IMO, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. But for smaller clubs, FFP has more downsides. When they need to renovate, they can't and when they have a potential worldclass player in their ranks already he will be easily priced away from them. But I guess the latter has always been they case.

Of ocurse for Chelsea, it is easy to say, better everything stays at it is, as we are a team on the ascent anyway while currently being the best team in EPL, too. If everyone stayed where he is, we would win the league by an even bigger margin next year for sure. But it won't.

While I don't see BArca, Real or BAyern improving signficiantly with the players available. All 3 of our domestic rivals can and will improve. Instead of reacting, we should simply be proactive, replace the leavers (Mikel, Cech, Drogba) with the accoridng squad players (Begovic/Green, Song/Witsel/Schneiderlin, Falcao(please not)) and additionally improve on some aspects that have been an issure last season. With 3 of our cbs aging, we might bring in someone like Stones, also ascoring mdifielder with soem defensive prowess would be nice as the Ramires/Fabregas connection does not work in big games.

Yeah, probably he is not what we need but saying it is because of RLC is like "we don't need Messi because we have Traore". He would not fit our system, as he does not complement Matic and Fabregas enough. But I honestly doubt that RLC will be a major factor next season.

Well, he won't be will he? I don't know what many people are thinking but getting anywhere near a title winning team at the age of 19/20 is a very, very impressive feat. He'll probably come into the cup games. Doubt we will see him in the Prem often this year. Maybe second half.

Lol Brandan looks clueless as fuck. Even in brazil, Coutinho and Firmino dont play at same time. Why doesnt he sign a proper winger or striker is beyond me.

The better question...why isn't Rodgers signing a defensive midfielder and/or defender? Liverpool have such an unbalanced squad.

there are rumors of Jackson Martinez to Atletico now:

Vietto - Martinez - Griezmann

Koke

with Turan as backup, quite nice

As CAM, for me, Turan is Better than Koke. Koke need to play in a place when can use his physical, in a place where is need pure talent, more than other thing, He is not that good.
For other side, Simeone confirmed in a interview that Koke will play in the double pivot. I think that is very possible this formation, but with Arda in the CAM, Koke like CM and surely they will sign one CDM.
Take a look to Correa, is very good.

Another one to complete the army of average signings. Liverpool is like a magnet for this type of players. Winning Europa League is their only way out of mediocrity at this point, they should make this competition their primary target, otherwise Tuesday and Wednesday nights will only be a nightmare for them. No way they'll be finishing in Top4 with that squad. Utter trash.

Firmino has flop written all over him. The expectations will be huge because he's Brazilian and put up big numbers for a small team.

Liverpool fans who have never seen him play will hype him up just like they did with Markovic last summer and he'll be bang average.

Disappointing summer so far, in terms of the players we're being strongly linked to and Cech's imminent transfer to those cunts. What made us so great last season was the amazingly decisive transfer window we had. I thought in this window, we should have been in a position to shop at Harrods, now we're going for bargain buys. I understand we were need to bulk up the team a little with more squad players, but the lack of a world class superstar addition is a let down. The simple fact is that outside of Hazard and Costa, we have no reliable scorers in our main XI. You need at least a 3rd reliable goalscorer to take the next step in the Champions league. I'm not naive to believe that Oscar is all of a sudden going to metamorphose into Zico or be "next season's Hazard" or whatever fairytale being spoken out there. It ain't happening.

Can you tell which top players are there for us to buy? you all need to look at the market, at all the top clubs, not just what our club is doing.. you can easily see that the options are very limited.

Bayern are also looking for a winger, looks like they're going for Douglas Costa. PSG are doing something? Real? City are after Sterling for 50m pounds, you think we should be that desperate?

Seriously, besides being grumpy about the transfer window, can you tell me who would you want us to buy? how could the club make decisive transfers this time again? lets see your ideas.

According to the latest we're after Pogba, and interested in Sterling for 40m pounds. Are there any other available players do you want us to go after?