Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Ive been nervous from the start of day 1 and Ive been around long enough to not get nervous about transfer season. But Ive got that rumble in the pit of my stomach. Thought it might be a dodgy lamb karahi but its been going too long now.

Ive been trying to search for an old transfer thread for Diego Costa but must have been deleted after he joined. Wanted to remind peeps what grief some of us gave the lad.

There's no one to sign is there ?

This isn't like the Cavani\Falcao summer

What happened is that we are now a very good team already and have far better players compared to those years. To improve this our current team, we have to mostly get players from Madrid, Barcelona, Athletico, Juventus, and PSG. Before any ericksen/Tadic/gaitan improves our starting line-up but we now need bale /pogba level players to really improve.

The amount of money in PL is starting to be frightining. Now West Ham are also close to sign Moncao CB Abdennour for 20m Euros, and he was reportedly wanted by top clubs in Italy.

How is it going to be in a few years... every PL club can now throw such bids, and i cant see how most clubs in Europe will compete with it.

Outside of Bayern, PSG, La Liga's top 4-5, Milan-Inter-Juventus-Roma, who can compete with the PL money? i guess in a few years it will only grow. Its crazy. This leauge is going to be filled with top players.

The amount of money in PL is starting to be frightining. Now West Ham are also close to sign Moncao CB Abdennour for 20m Euros, and he was reportedly wanted by top clubs in Italy.

How is it going to be in a few years... every PL club can now throw such bids, and i cant see how most clubs in Europe will compete with it.

Outside of Bayern, PSG, La Liga's top 4-5, Milan-Inter-Juventus-Roma, who can compete with the PL money? i guess in a few years it will only grow. Its crazy. This leauge is going to be filled with top players.

1.) Prices will be inflated as fuck because these clubs will be prepared to throw like 30m for decent players. And top clubs will have to splash even more because smaller clubs will know that they have money.

2.) Rip english football. pl is already full of foreigners and with such tv deal, it will only grow. Even smaller clubs like west ham who were able to provide at least decent english players, will now buy buy buy.

This tv deal literaly ruined english academies because money they earn will be spent on decent foreign players like payet, abdenour etc. Fa will realize that in few years and will limit number of foreigners for each team. But english football (speaking of english players and their NT) will hit massive blow. There was already small amount of good talents, but now it will decrease even more. foreign players will smell pl money and join. Small teams like west ham will buy foreign players instead of growing their own bwcause they can and its faster.

In attempt that english fa makes pl more interesting they throw money to all clubs to buy top players. Pl will gain in quality in few years, but for sake of development of their own english players.

The deal is also bad for us. Chelsea was along 3 other teams in pl able to spend money. Now every team got 70m at least and will allow them to buy quality players every year. but market will have their word too.

west ham before could spend lets say 30m. Now they can spend 60m.

Chelsea could spend 80M. Now they can spend 100m+ (Numbers just given for example). So west ham wants to buy specific player and that club knows west ham has alot more money. A decent player west ham could buy before for 15m will now transfer for 25m because selling club is not stupid. They know west ham has more money and they will demand bigger fee for that player. And rest of market will follow. If decent player cost 25 instead of 15, top players will cost 45 insead of 30 etc.

Literaly pl teams got more money but market will follow that and prices for players will increase. That means same players will enter PL, but for twice the price sadly.

Maybe not evident yet because it all just started, but in few years every small team will know they can squeeze pl teams for alot more money.

It wont affect pl that much but it will affect every other club apart from top clubs. Remember La liga and barca/real tv deal? It cut these two teams apart from rest. No other spanish team can get close in that budget. Difference is now that whole pl will get alot more money, making pl miles ahead in budget against other leagues (apart from certain rich clubs). Inestead of focusing on youth development, fa went in other direction. Money. Buy them all instead of develop them. It will have big consecuences to english players. And only after several years, people will realise that. rip english football like i said. English teams will become new QPRs or Hulls, spending millions for completely new teams with no chemistry, english youth development will hinder etc.

Sorry for long reply, but I dont see much positive in this deal long term. Now everyone will be able to buy players, meaining we will have more transfer competition (leads to higher price for players) and if they join other team, more competition in PL itself. Not bad for PL, I like that we will have more competitvness, but alot harder to win titles, from PL to FA cup, becuse every english team from PL will be able to make a quality team.

1.) Prices will be inflated as fuck because these clubs will be prepared to throw like 30m for decent players. And top clubs will have to splash even more because smaller clubs will know that they have money.

2.) Rip english football. pl is already full of foreigners and with such tv deal, it will only grow. Even smaller clubs like west ham who were able to provide at least decent english players, will now buy buy buy.

This tv deal literaly ruined english academies because money they earn will be spent on decent foreign players like payet, abdenour etc. Fa will realize that in few years and will limit number of foreigners for each team. But english football (speaking of english players and their NT) will hit massive blow. There was already small amount of good talents, but now it will decrease even more. foreign players will smell pl money and join. Small teams like west ham will buy foreign players instead of growing their own bwcause they can and its faster.

In attempt that english fa makes pl more interesting they throw money to all clubs to buy top players. Pl will gain in quality in few years, but for sake of development of their own english players.

The deal is also bad for us. Chelsea was along 3 other teams in pl able to spend money. Now every team got 70m at least and will allow them to buy quality players every year. but market will have their word too.

west ham before could spend lets say 30m. Now they can spend 60m.

Chelsea could spend 80M. Now they can spend 100m+ (Numbers just given for example). So west ham wants to buy specific player and that club knows west ham has alot more money. A decent player west ham could buy before for 15m will now transfer for 25m because selling club is not stupid. They know west ham has more money and they will demand bigger fee for that player. And rest of market will follow. If decent player cost 25 instead of 15, top players will cost 45 insead of 30 etc.

Literaly pl teams got more money but market will follow that and prices for players will increase. That means same players will enter PL, but for twice the price sadly.

Maybe not evident yet because it all just started, but in few years every small team will know they can squeeze pl teams for alot more money.

It wont affect pl that much but it will affect every other club apart from top clubs. Remember La liga and barca/real tv deal? It cut these two teams apart from rest. No other spanish team can get close in that budget. Difference is now that whole pl will get alot more money, making pl miles ahead in budget against other leagues (apart from certain rich clubs). Inestead of focusing on youth development, fa went in other direction. Money. Buy them all instead of develop them. It will have big consecuences to english players. And only after several years, people will realise that. rip english football like i said. English teams will become new QPRs or Hulls, spending millions for completely new teams with no chemistry, english youth development will hinder etc.

Sorry for long reply, but I dont see much positive in this deal long term. Now everyone will be able to buy players, meaining we will have more transfer competition (leads to higher price for players) and if they join other team, more competition in PL itself. Not bad for PL, I like that we will have more competitvness, but alot harder to win titles, from PL to FA cup, becuse every english team from PL will be able to make a quality team.

Great post. But what do you think will happen in the end? all PL clubs will just be a lot stronger than every non-big club in europe?

it`s great the number of top players from around the world that play in England now. but i think eventually UEFA will put a limit on how many foreign players clubs can have in an attempt to bring us down and leagues like the French back up.

the Homegrown rule needs to be altered to something like atleast half of the 8 needing to have grown up in the country their club plays in anyway.

we among other mostly English clubs have exploited the massive loophole in the current rule and we have many enemies in governing bodies around Europe who wouldn`t have a problem with other leagues clubs doing it but will eventually change it because of us. that`s why I feel it`s important among other reasons to have fully English players coming through.

Great post. But what do you think will happen in the end? all PL clubs will just be a lot stronger than every non-big club in europe?

I guess its too soon to make long term calculations. But genearaly I think unless FA makes certain changes like limit foreign number of players, or extend HG quota, english football is in trouble.

As for how strong PL teams will be, well they will have huge advantage in budget. Based on that, they will be miles ahead of any non-big team in europe, at least teams that will remain in PL for few consecutive seasons and recieve tv deal money for longer period of time. But there will be exceptions. Smaller clubs will make it here and there, it always been that (like BVB, Atletico recently, or Porto, Monaco in past). I think it will come down to HOW teams will spend the money. We learned that QPR made absoultely terrible deals, despite having alot money. Big part will go to managers (thats why West ham signed Bilic, to keep team balance) who will operate with this budget. I can see spurs (pochetino) and everton (martinez) to make some good deals aswell. But maybe the problem, at least in beggining will be that no good player would sign for West ham (or similar team), unless for money. That leads to what happend with QPR. Bunch of mercenaries, who cant play together and dont care. Thats why having a good manager (or good club owner, depends who will decide transfers) to operate with funds will be key.

English teams will have more budget, but spanish or german will make up with more homegrown talents who are top material and cheaper. I can see french clubs fall apart if their players continue to follow money (like marseille recently). They dont have the english teams budget or that special spirit like certain german/spanish have. Italy is already in deep shit, so it will take some time to get out first. Big teams like juve, milan, inter wont have problems once they fix their own mess and get money.

Bvb, Valencia, Bayer, Roma, kind of teams will remain where they are. Decent budget and reputation will keep them, unless they make some realy awfull transfer deals. Considering only 4 teams from England can get in CL, it wont affect europe that much in competitons. However such these teams will have trouble with keeping players, because more clubs will be able to afford their starters. But like I said, they will be able to get more money for their players, making things bit more even. They will continue producing young talents, get into good position eventualy (like BVB two years ago) and then sell them for HUGE money. Only problem will be if PL clubs will buy such players BEFORE these decent teams could even make any impact in europe. They would become feeder clubs to PL literaly.

But like I said, it will first affect english football itself. More competition and less english players. But it will take managers who will operate with this budget first. IF they can make smart buys, it will be big problem for rest of europe. But Liverpool and QPR are great examples of lots of money invested in shit players and no success.

So I can guarantee you, there will be shitload of buys, transfers, money spent, after all debts are paid. The real question is how well will players get involved with clubs. Because that brings success in the end. In five years we could have 10 new QPRs or 10 City's in league. The bets are certainly not in favour for rest of europe. but IMO most english clubs operate very poorly, so it wont be a problem for some time yet. And in next five years, there could be at least la liga with same tv deal (after constant anger from smaller clubs), and rest will follow eventualy.

Long term, we will probably see few clubs who will operate like City (reach quite far in england, but not in europe), some QPRs who will spend money but will get them nowhere and rest will be filled with teams who will build nice squads but sell them to bigger teams before making real impact. The only who will feel it are english youth academies, because apart from certain loyal teams who will keep the development, no one will wait for talents to develop, but rather buy foreigners. See West ham, they produced some decent talent, but will now focus on buying the likes of Obiang, Payet. Or Soton. Developed Shaw, Lallana, bougth Cedric, Tadic etc. Things like that were happening for long time, thats why english football NT sucks, but now with shitload of new money, this will only grow. It makes sense tho. West ham now has money to buy such players with no consequences realy. So why would they spent 5 years to develop their player, play him to improve and once he becomes good, top team will buy him anyway. Instead they buy foreign player, they have money, instant impact and either resale value or results. Teams developed own players because it was cheaper, now PL teams can afford to buy, so no point in raising own players. ''Play home players'' mentality is long gone in PL (unlike spain, germany where they are still extremely respected and liked), money deal just proves it.

In 10 years from now, maybe FA will do sth about, but they are greedy and probably think of money more than their own player development...even the HG quota is poorly designed. You can throw third GK, third choice CB, 5th midfielder etc and have HG quota filled. But those players could well be shit and you dont care, because you will never rely on them. However if FA makes rule about having at least two HG players in FIRST 11, then it makes complete difference. Academies would start working full strength, clubs would become depend on their success with youth and in beggining, english football would hit huge low, but once academies would start producing players, it would benefit english football alot. Top english players back in top english teams. National spirit reborn. And Im not even english, but I cant imagine Chelsea and PL with no english starters. However it wont ever happen, sadly.