Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

With just 4 weeks till the US tour I hope we have some irons in the fire. Can just see how busy it gets on here in the closing days with just Falcao signed. (Touch wood that the Dippers beat us to him. Maybe if we ask them nicely?)

The better question...why isn't Rodgers signing a defensive midfielder and/or defender? Liverpool have such an unbalanced squad.

You are right. They need to strenghten both ends.

But that is Brendan...playing Can as CB and RB when he is actualy a decent DM/CM prospect.

But that is Brendan...playing Can as CB and RB when he is actualy a decent DM/CM prospect.

Would not mind Can at all... he goes from shocker to OK with a brilliant showing in a blue moon, but that's what youngsters do esp in that position...

BTW, Gremio, southern Brazil side, has a pretty good DM prospect in Walace: tall and strong 20yo who has sublime technique especially in passing. One of those players who dominate the midfield. Should already be in this very average Dunga side.

Hope someone is watching him...

They could of used that money to sign a quality defender instead of Firmino

But Sterling will probably get sold to City, Firmino comes as his needed replacement.

With Liverpool leaking to all media they will sell Sterling for 50m pounds, i dont think they rely on keeping him.

Now they'll go for a striker, Bacca or Benteke it seems.

True but I think strengthening the defensive end is more of an urgent need than bolstering the other end. Of all their attackers now, the only one they look like selling is Sterling (and maybe Balotelli if they can find a buyer). Otherwise, it's pretty much a top-heavy squad right now, which is just ridiculous.

True but I think strengthening the defensive end is more of an urgent need than bolstering the other end. Of all their attackers now, the only one they look like selling is Sterling (and maybe Balotelli if they can find a buyer). Otherwise, it's pretty much a top-heavy squad right now, which is just ridiculous.

You cant expect Liverpool to be ok with options like Markovic, Borini, Lambert and Balotelli. They will look to sell the last 3 imo.

For potential starters, they have Sturridge (who is injured for 3/4 a season), Coutinho, Lallana (who was poor last season), and Sterling. If Sterling is gone, Firmino is a must to replace him.

I agree their squad is very big squad right now, but players will leave.

You cant expect Liverpool to be ok with options like Markovic, Borini, Lambert and Balotelli. They will look to sell the last 3 imo.

For potential starters, they have Sturridge (who is injured for 3/4 a season), Coutinho, Lallana (who was poor last season), and Sterling. If Sterling is gone, Firmino is a must to replace him.

I agree their squad is very big squad right now, but players will leave.

Never said that. Just find it puzzling they are strengthening the slightly less urgent area first. And some of their players will leave...assuming they can find a buyer.

Never said that. Just find it puzzling they are strengthening the slightly less urgent area first. And some of their players will leave...assuming they can find a buyer.

If Sterling is about to leave, his replacement is the most urgent area i think.

They already got Milner, and Bogdan for back up GK.

They are trying to get Clyne.

For CB they have Skretel, Sakho, Toure and Lovern... they can improve on that but i dont think they'll try again after Lovern failed and the big money they spent on him. I think they'll count on Skretel-Sakho.

Firmino is a great signing for Liverpool. He's technically strong and one of the most creative players in Europe over the past two seasons. I'm not sure he's a priority signing for them though. they needed a quality striker and a couple of defenders more.I'm a bit disappointed because he's a player we could have used to take the creativity load off Hazard and fabregas plus he's an upgrade on oscar as far as creativity and being a pure no 10 is concerned.

Arda Turan's agent says on AS that he wants to leave to the PL, with 3 PL clubs, PSG and Milan already shown interest.

Well, one is City, other is United probably. I'd take him as he's versatile and creative, a bit of a hot head, though, is he not?

I'm a bit disappointed because he's a player we could have used to take the creativity load off Hazard and fabregas plus he's an upgrade on oscar as far as creativity and being a pure no 10 is concerned.

I've seen him mosly in Brasil, Oscar and Willian are looking like the better players overall. Maybe he's more creative, i didnt see it, but to spend another 40m on a bit more creativity?

Firmino is also not someone you should pay 40m euros to be our right winger. So i can see why we didnt go fot this...

Firmino is a great signing for Liverpool. He's technically strong and one of the most creative players in Europe over the past two seasons. I'm not sure he's a priority signing for them though. they needed a quality striker and a couple of defenders more.I'm a bit disappointed because he's a player we could have used to take the creativity load off Hazard and fabregas plus he's an upgrade on oscar as far as creativity and being a pure no 10 is concerned.

Does Firmino even track back..? :ph34r: