Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Pool on the verge of signing Clyne for 12.5 m .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfers/11697503/Liverpool-transfer-news-Nathaniel-Clyne-12.5m-deal-almost-done.html

Would be an amazing deal. one of the best RBs in the league. would have thought United would go for him. Solves the RB problem of both teams for a long time.

Downside? I call it the biggest benefit. I liked the old days when teams had most players with them for years instead of nowadays when this is the exception. This obsession with spending mindlessly every window is what inflated price tags in the first place. I don't like this constant renovation where every season half a team is shipped. I prefer quiet windows with teams making a couple of clinical transfers and demanding managers to find other ways to make titles move from where they are. Today it feels like everything should be fixed with money injection and short term solutions.

We've done it for years, I'm not an hypocrite to deny I'm thankful for Roman's money. It changed the game, but it got out of control and I like that FFP may force teams to work within themselves to improve instead of splashing crazy amounts of money.

So I'm hopeful this is going to be a quieter window all around compared to the last few years.

Thats all well and good if youve got a team thats dominating in where you want to be. And IF youve got any ambition for us to make a place in Europe then I cant see us doing it with all the lads we got now.

And we cant turn the clock back. Its not just us thats looking to build there teams as good as they can and also spend much more money than we do now. So WTF shouldnt we spend some of the money we have to strengthen the squad to a quality and hopefully age that they can stay together for awhile.

If we sit back watching our PL rivals all strengthening their teams (Even if you might think theyre a bunch of wankers, which they are) we are going to be left behind and Im sure thats the last thing we want eh.

£4.2m is a bit cheap for Deulofeu is it not? He was supposed to be the next La Masia product to do big things; i think he's still got that ability in him. His place of training should add at least £2m to his value IMO.

You're joking right???

Nope. Everyone from that crop of La Masia youngsters have something special trained into them, which is why Oriol found his footing in the Prem easier than most foreign youngsters would at his age, and the same went for Gerard.

You'd expect to pay more for a prospect from Chelsea's academy with 0 appearances, than you'd expect to pay for a Burnley academy prospect with 0 appearances, and there's plenty of reasons behind that, the main one being the fact they've been around coaches & players that are better than those at 95% of other clubs, and are thus likely to have more up their sleeve than your average Joe.

In most cases, you pay a man more if he graduated from Harvard rather than if he graduated from his local college, right? You'd certainly fork out a higher fee to acquire them; simply because they were trained somewhere better.

£4.2m is a bit cheap for Deulofeu is it not? He was supposed to be the next La Masia product to do big things; i think he's still got that ability in him. His place of training should add at least £2m to his value IMO.

There's been talk of a buy back clause for barca which could explain the low price.

Worried by the lack of transfer activity. This time last year, Fabregas was signed, Costa and Luis were done deals.

In 2005 only Del Horno was done at this time.

Getting transfers done (or as good as done) early is very rare.

Quite a slow start this year from us but I think we were spoilt with early awesome activity last year. We seem to be linked with a lot of players without a lot of actual evidence to back it up. (Falcao aside obviously). The whole Petr Cech thing is a bitter pill to swallow so hopefully CFC have something in the pipeline for us fans so that we can start to feel a bit more optimistic before pre-season begins. I wonder if this season might be one of those where we don't make many 'massive' signings and instead look at players who would help with squad rotation. Hope I'm wrong because other teams seem to be working hard to close the gap.

Are we going to defend our title like this? Why is this transfer market too quiet for us? Let see what magic the board will perform

Look at other clubs. They are quite too because the market is too heated. Sterling cost 50Million Pound, enough said.

Its difficult now because other clubs ask for redecilous prices

@hamad138

I doubt anyone is as quiet as us. Utd have already signed Depay, are close to signing Schneiderlin and Ramos could be going there too. Liverpool have already made 5 signings. Arsenal have signed Cech. Man City look like favorites to get Sterling. In the meantime we've been connected with a hoard of mediocre/washed up players. If things continue like this, I don't think we're going to be able to defend the title next season. We're making the same mistake previous 4 champions made. Being too satisfied with our squad and not getting quality additions next season.

@OmldZamani/status/614391372561297408

Juventus apparently are desperate to keep Pogba.

If Cech's medical is today, I am quite surprised neither us nor Arsenal have released any sort of confirmation. Even confirmation of an agreement, subject to medical.

I mean if it is at medical stage, he is more or less their player. So would make sense to announce something