Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Doesn't the amortization of player contracts help with FFP? I thought it was only the annual salary that counted towards it and not the total value of the signing.

It does, i saw on WAGNH he could cost only 18m per year. But when you start to add others like Hazard, Oscar and other potential signings, it adds up fast.

PSG are clear, they just signed a sponsorship deal with some Qatari guys worth 120mn Euro per season ..

City have massive work to do though, just posted a 97m £ loss.

Mate, I really dont want to be rude, but have you read FFP?

What I was saying is that clubs can have huge losses this year and reduce it little by little because the finacial fairplay has a big breach. They dont necessarily need to have a loss of 30m or less...

Also, above market value or common interest sponsors wont count or will count as a certain value evaluation to be made by an independent company. Those big sponsors will give the clubs the money so they dont legally break, but FFP is not a true finacial report. It is a bunch of rules made by UEFA to determine if a club is on the right path of healthy business. There are a lot of variables that they dont count (youth expenses, stadium and training ground improvements, etc). The earnings report the clubs release are the real deal, the one that trully specify every single pound that comes in and out. However, the Platini Bullshit (that makes top clubs even bigger) is a made dossie of what really counts or not. So, City's £97m is much less than that to FFP (they are spending big on their stadium, new training ground and publicity), because there are expenses that simply dont count.

In resume, the big sponsors and the soft loans clubs do (even us) are not directed to FFP. They are for their financial reports. Those reports are the ones that translate into stock values, etc. FFP is other manuevers (like the big loss this year).

Also FFP has only just been agreed in principle by the EPL clubs...

It's going to need a lot more work and will easily be bypassed in the UK by Oil + Gas money from the respective owners...

Stop worrying about FFP - it's a complete misnomer... :)

No, but there is a possibility of us paying a portion of his 6 months wage and to let him leave.We could save £1m in the agreement. It could happen...

Coentrao is a shit defender and is RM's second option. Why would we get rid of Cole to get a great expensive player, not top class?

Baines is cheaper, EPL adapted, English (have in mind that we will lose 3 English players: Cole, Lampard and Sturridge) and has room for improvement.

I don't believe we will try to buy Coentrao in January, but don't you think calling him a shit defender is bit too far? He's a great defender, a team as big as Real Madrid would not regularly play a left-back who is shit at defending.

I think this is some misconception that a lot of people have about Spanish/Portuguese full-backs. They may be great going forward, but that does not mean they are shit at defending. To be honest, if we're going to persist with possession football then I would glady have a left-back like Coentrao. Right now half of our team is comfortable in possession but the defence are not, which results in a lot of lobbed balls up to Torres and us losing possession. The only defender that we have that are comfortable in possession is David Luiz, and maybe Azpilicueta.

Mate, I really dont want to be rude, but have you read FFP?

What I was saying is that clubs can have huge losses this year and reduce it little by little because the finacial fairplay has a big breach.

Also, above market price or common interest sponsors wont count or will count a certain evaluation to be made by an independent company. Those big sponsors will give the clubs the money so they dont break, but FFP is not a true finacial report.

It is a bunch of rules made by UEFA to determine if a club is on the right path of helalthy business. There are a lot of variables that they dont count (youth expenses, stadium and training ground improvements, etc). The earnings report the clubs release are the real deal, the one that trully specify every single pound that comes in and out. The Platini Bullshit (that makes top clubs even bigger) is a made dossie of what really counts or not. So, City's £97m is much less than that to FFP (they are spending big on their stadium, new training ground and publicity).

Don't try and teach me mate, I'm currently doing my PG in accountancy. (Not trying to be rude ...)

The first year FFP comes into picture is 13-14 but 11-12 and 12-13 shall serve as monitoring periods where they'll need to show a positive trend in this regard. While it's true City's losses have nearly halved from 2011, they need to convince UEFA they are actively trying to reduce their losses and operate within their means by displaying a 'positive trend' in that regard, so obviously it depends on what they do this year. The owner needs to finance the excess loss (97-36=61m). As you correctly point out, certain costs incurred on stadium development, training and youth training infrastructure, community development etc shall not count under FFP but reliable sources say City's losses won't reduce much under FFP because of this. It is also true they've increased their commercial revenue significantly, but the Etihad deal has a large hand in that and UEFA reps have confirmed they'll be looking into the matter. The value of the deal above 'market price' or arm's length price shall be deducted, if a flaw is found. City are definitely the ones in the worst position among the English sides but I highly doubt they'll attract any sanctions, there are too many ways around the provisions. Indeed, UEFA themselves appear not overtly keen on imposing those sanctions as is evident by the leeways they've provided.

I don't believe we will try to buy Coentrao in January, but don't you think calling him a shit defender is bit too far? He's a great defender, a team as big as Real Madrid would not regularly play a left-back who is shit at defending.

I think this is some misconception that a lot of people have about Spanish/Portuguese full-backs. They may be great going forward, but that does not mean they are shit at defending. To be honest, if we're going to persist with possession football then I would glady have a left-back like Coentrao. Right now half of our team is comfortable in possession but the defence are not, which results in a lot of lobbed balls up to Torres and us losing possession. The only defender that we have that are comfortable in possession is David Luiz, and maybe Azpilicueta.

One on one he is actually pretty good but his positioning is questionable

Don't try and teach me mate, I'm currently doing my PG in accountancy. (Not trying to be rude ...)

The first year FFP comes into picture is 13-14 but 11-12 and 12-13 shall serve as monitoring periods where they'll need to show a positive trend in this regard. While it's true City's losses have nearly halved from 2011, they need to convince UEFA they are actively trying to reduce their losses and operate within their means by displaying a 'positive trend' in that regard, so obviously it depends on what they do this year. The owner needs to finance the excess loss (97-36=61m). As you correctly point out, certain costs incurred on stadium development, training and youth training infrastructure, community development etc shall not count under FFP but reliable sources say City's losses won't reduce much under FFP because of this. It is also true they've increased their commercial revenue significantly, but the Etihad deal has a large hand in that and UEFA reps have confirmed they'll be looking into the matter. The value of the deal above 'market price' or arm's length price shall be deducted, if a flaw is found. City are definitely the ones in the worst position among the English sides but I highly doubt they'll attract any sanctions, there are too many ways around the provisions. Indeed, UEFA themselves appear not overtly keen on imposing those sanctions as is evident by the leeways they've provided.

LOL

I have definetly hurt some pride! Mate, I wasnt trying to teach you or trying to be a better economist than you. It was a simple question, because once you read the FFP, it becomes very clear that there are ways to elude the rules. I have no doubts it will fail (only if the clubs really want to break even, but in that case there is no need for rules, it would be free will)...

Platini would never take Manure or Barcelona out of UCL, he would lose too much money. It was created to prevent new major teams (PSG, Zenit, etc). Also, we are already entering the "Big Club" status, so I dont see any chance of us being kicked out of any European Competition. We atract too much revenue already. I want our earnings in order,just for the sake of it and because it really isnt benefical to lose money and relly on Abramovich`s loans.

ManCity and PSG should be the most worried clubs regarding FFP, but even for them there is an easy way out. As I have said, they can deduce their losses in small steps until they get even (which will take about 10 years, just like us).

Sorry if I was rude! (wasnt my intention, I even wrote i didnt wanted to sound stupid)

P.S: I have edited my first post, so it should be more clear.

LOL

I have definetly hurt some pride! Mate, I wasnt trying to teach you or trying to be a better economist than you. It was a simple question, because once you read the FFP, it becomes very clear that there are ways to elude the rules. I have no doubts it will fail (only if the clubs really want to break even, but in that case there is no need for rules, it would be free will)...

Platini would never take Manure or Barcelona out of UCL, he would lose too much money. It was created to prevent new major teams (PSG, Zenit, etc). Also, we are already entering the "Big Club" status, so I dont see any chance of us being kicked out of any European Competition. We atract too much revenue already. I want our earnings in order,just for the sake of it and because it really isnt benefical to lose money and relly on Abramovich`s loans.

ManCity and PSG should be the most worried clubs regarding FFP, but even for them there is an easy way out. As I have said, they can deduce their losses in small steps until they get even (which will take about 10 years, just like us).

Sorry if I was rude! (wasnt my intention, I even wrote i didnt wanted to sound stupid)

P.S: I have edited my first post, so it should be more clear.

Nah it's all cool, no offence taken. This is just a football board lol.

I think what you will find with FFP is that something like Abramovich or Mansour will not happen again, in that no gazillionaire will be able to just turn up and completely alter a club's financial landscape. No more sugar daddies. Existing ones wouldn't need to worry all that much; just show that there is a positive trend in the aim of breaking even. You don't even have to earn profits, just don't make losses.

Nah it's all cool, no offence taken. This is just a football board lol.

I think what you will find with FFP is that something like Abramovich or Mansour will not happen again, in that no gazillionaire will be able to just turn up and completely alter a club's financial landscape. No more sugar daddies. Existing ones wouldn't need to worry all that much; just show that there is a positive trend in the aim of breaking even. You don't even have to earn profits, just don't make losses.

EXACTLY!

Coentrao is a shit defender and is RM's second option. Why would we get rid of Cole to get a great expensive player, not top class?

Calling him shit is going a bit over the top.There is a reason that jose prefers coentrao over marcelo against offensively dangerous teams.

Calling him shit is going a bit over the top.There is a reason that jose prefers coentrao over marcelo against offensively dangerous teams.

Shit might have been overthetop, but he is certainly not very good.

Also, where did you hear that Jose prefers Coentrao over Marcelo? Every major big game Marcelo is his choice. The only problem Mourinho has with Marcelo is that he always loses his composure when losing, risking a red card...

Shit might have been overthetop, but he is certainly not very good.

Also, where did you hear that Jose prefers Coentrao over Marcelo? Every major big game Marcelo is his choice. The only problem Mourinho has with Marcelo is that he always loses his composure when losing, risking a red card...

I dont remember exactly where i read it but i do remember jose playing coentrao over marcelo in the title deciding el classico last season at camp nou and coentrao had a good game.