Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

People, are you living in reality?

Do you really think we will buy 3 players if we dont get Falcao?

GET REAL, it is him or no one else. This is how Roman is and he is not ready to change (just yet). I am not arguing the fact we need 3 cheap, but good, players. However, it looks likewe are kids expecting Santa. We all know how we do business.

I think we will buy 2 players at least if we don't get Falcao. Striker for sure, and then a midfielder - also for sure because we're without Romeu and Mikel in January.

Striker and holding midfielder coming our way by the looks of things.

anybody think we will be seeing some of our loaned out players returning??? Im thinking KDB and Lukaku....

dont know if we have the power to recall them, but it'll be cheaper and leave us some money to spend big on 1 or 2 decent names instead of spending big on 3 or 4 good players.

I think we will buy 2 players at least if we don't get Falcao. Striker for sure, and then a midfielder - also for sure because we're without Romeu and Mikel in January.

If we dont get a star striker, I think there is a bigger chance of us buying bandaids or recalling Lukaku, KDB or Essien instead of investing on new smaller players.

I dont see us buying cheap strikers or center-mids.

For me, we are looking into Falcao and whoever DM we find.

If we dont get a star striker, I think there is a bigger chance of us buying bandaids or recalling Lukaku, KDB or Essien instead of investing on new smaller players.

I dont see us buying cheap strikers or center-mids.

For me, we are looking into Falcao and whoever DM we find.

We have to be a right bunch of idiots if we dont get some sort of striker in january be it falcao ba or whoever... But we cannot go into the new year with 1 striker.

People, are you living in reality?

Do you really think we will buy 3 players if we dont get Falcao?

GET REAL, it is him or no one else. This is how Roman is and he is not ready to change (just yet). I am not arguing the fact we need 3 cheap, but good, players. However, it looks likewe are kids expecting Santa. We all know how we do business.

nah. Falcao is borderline impossible in January. 48mil? no way

signing 2-3 cheaper players like Walcott etc. are enough to complete our season objective - TOP 4 FINISH.

I must be the most blindly optimistic person in here.

I think Roman is gonna go bonkers this window and assemble a squad capable of closing this gap and making a Premier League challenge and to win the Europa League.

Here's hoping.

I must be the most blindly optimistic person in here.

I think Roman is gonna go bonkers this window and assemble a squad capable of closing this gap and making a Premier League challenge and to win the Europa League.

Here's hoping.

He can't with FFP around.

We posted a profit this last time did we not? I don't think we're close to infringement of FFP are we?

Plus we're gonna have several of our older players off the books soon.

We posted a profit this last time did we not? I don't think we're close to infringement of FFP are we?

Largely due to CL prize money. None of that going round now. We'll likely post a loss, albeit close to the 'acceptable limits' outlined in FFP.

A profit of 1m. Without winning the CL we would have been in the red again. We're not going to win the CL this season obviously, so we are already in the red lol.

We can't sign Falcao and then a couple other good players.

Yeah we did, but that was before we spent £80+ million on Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Marin, Azip.

Look FFP is complete bollox

We're making a loss of 50 million - ooh hang on Sponsorship deal over 2 years from a 'Gas' company of 100 million...

See how easy it is? :)

I hope we get Falcao and some of our loan boys back (KdB) would be best IMHO :)

High wages of the old guard coming off our wage bill will help with FFP. Drogba was on more than £100k pw as are Malouda, Lampard and Cole. Benayoun and Essien are also on big wages so there is a lot to work with if we move these players on.

Also FFP is different to the accounts we post - there are expenses disregarded such as youth infrastructure, etc. so whilst we made a profit of only about £1m in last years accounts, under FFP that could be closer to £15-20m as some expenses are not considered.

I can see Roman splashing again in January otr the summer or both.

I agree, but have you wondered why major clubs are spending more than usual this year?

FFP has a very clear breach. One of the rules says the clubs can have between 30-45 million in the first three years and after that, it will get more strict each yearuntil it reaches the even mark. However, a club can have hiscase reviewed if they managed to lower their losses (even if itdoesnt reach the agreed amount).

Well, you can already see what PSG, Chelsea and ManCity will do...

High wages of the old guard coming off our wage bill will help with FFP. Drogba was on more than £100k pw as are Malouda, Lampard and Cole. Benayoun and Essien are also on big wages so there is a lot to work with if we move these players on.

Also FFP is different to the accounts we post - there are expenses disregarded such as youth infrastructure, etc. so whilst we made a profit of only about £1m in last years accounts, under FFP that could be closer to £15-20m as some expenses are not considered.

I can see Roman splashing again in January otr the summer or both.

The thing is we will replace these players with more high paid players. Falcao for example will get wages of 2 players combined. So it doesn't really solve anything.

Let's say all those players leave and also Sturridge, we will have room to work with for sure, but we will also have more holes in the team, and also need to add more English players.

Do you think we can do all that after using 50m and 200k on only one player?

Doesn't the amortization of player contracts help with FFP? I thought it was only the annual salary that counted towards OT and not the total value of the signing.

The thing is we will replace these players with more high paid players. Falcao for example will get wages of 2 players combined. So it doesn't really solve anything.

Let's say all those players leave and also Sturridge, we will have room to work with for sure, but we will also have more holes in the team, and also need to add more English players.

Do you think we can do all that after using 50m and 200k on only one player?

Doesn't the amortization of player contracts help with FFP? I thought it was only the annual salary that counted towards it and not the total value of the signing.