Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Just saw on twitter:

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri

Just had confirmation of 2nd huge transfer news I received y'day night.I said I wd have tweet it on 26th,might be compelled to do it earlier.

Any thoughts?

He added this too:

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri

You really want so much a hint? Ok, but just one: both clubs involved in transfer won the champions cup

Is he reliable?

Could be Chelsea and Atl. Madrid talking about Falcao unless it's earlier champions of the CL :)

I cant see how someone could see so much potential in Romeu so he dont want us to get a very good DM. imo we also need someone who is better than Mikel (who is better than Romeu), so for me its a big yes for someone like Capoue.

How is it? do you have a very good CM to pair with the DM (which i agreed we need)? you dont have one, you have two players who can contribute something in this role (Lampard, Ramires) but not as regulars, and you have another two who just might could do it in the future (Oscar, KDB as some have said- i dont know him enough) but right now dont have that in them and they are realy not use to play this role. So yes, i think we do need someone like Moutinho, but i dont think it will happen in january

Im speaking of realistic options. We have not been linked with a DM so far, and even if he were it was because Romeu is injured and Mikel

will be off to Afcon. If DM comes, he wont come here to replace Mikel in first 11. Mikel like it or not is our first DM choice and will stay that for long time. Romeu makes great backup for Mikel and could be starter in few years.

Why do I see so much potential in Romeu? Because he is barca school and they produce great players lately. Because Romeu fits our possesion play great. He can pass, is strong and calm on the ball. Given more play time, he would be one of best DMs in league by now. When he was playing under Avb, he had equaly great stats as Yaya, Song, Mikel, Parker who all played DM last season. Romeu was beast that period. Under Rafa, he showed great potential again, but injury came. That is why I see lot of potential in Romeu. Buying another DM makes no sense. Recall Essien, thats it.

If we will buy midfielder, its gonna be Xabi alonso esque player that fits Rafa.

Some bit of hint regarding possible transfers in January. Read last 3 paragraphs in the link below.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/25/rafael-benitez-chelsea-fans

The stand-in manager is hopeful up to three players can be bought, principal among them a striker but also possibly an attacker to play off a frontman, though there is an acceptance Atlético Madrid will not sell Radamel Falcao mid-season.

Robinho is set to sign for Flamengo. A huge slap in the face to his earlier club Santos.

Pato's departure now looks slightly less likely, but still possible. (The move to Corinthians.)

Flamengo gave up on Robinho (asked too much) and Corinthians have been told they will have to top PSG`s last year offer of 30million euros (it wont happen).

Anything could still happen, but your rumors are a bit old already! :rolleyes:

@Rmpr,

HA! I TOLD YOU! PATO HAS BEEN SOLD TO CORINTHIANS! €15m!!!

YEAH!

Leif 1-0 Rmpr

Milan somehow accepted to sell 50% of Pato and stick with the other 50% so they can profit on a future and more lucrative deal. It makes me wonder why they said no to PSG...

YEAH!

Leif 1-0 Rmpr

Milan somehow accepted to sell 50% of Pato and stick with the other 50% so they can profit on a future and more lucrative deal. It makes me wonder why they said no to PSG...

Its weird they didn't sell him to PSG for double the price earlier this year. Find it odd how hes going back to Brazil though, thought he'd stay in Europe at least. I'd imagine a few European clubs would still take a risk on him, teams like the Malagas, Liverpools, Spurs, Lilles, Napolis, Inter Milans, Marseilles etc. of the world.

Its weird they didn't sell him to PSG for double the price earlier this year. Find it odd how hes going back to Brazil though, thought he'd stay in Europe at least. I'd imagine a few European clubs would still take a risk on him, teams like the Malagas, Liverpools, Spurs, Lilles, Napolis, Inter Milans, Marseilles etc. of the world.

I agree, I just think they dont have the money to gamble on him right now.

Also, it is not half the price, it is the same amount, but milan will still keep half of him...

I agree, I just think they dont have the money to gamble on him right now.

Also, it is not half the price, it is the same amount, but milan will still keep half of him...

Really? Like a part ownership? Hmm that's strange, I take it he will play in Brazil for however many years until Corinthians' buy the other 50% or Milan do and he returns to Italy. Could work for Milan if he gets back to full fitness and scores goals.

Really? Like a part ownership? Hmm that's strange, I take it he will play in Brazil for however many years until Corinthians' buy the other 50% or Milan do and he returns to Italy. Could work for Milan if he gets back to full fitness and scores goals.

Exactly like a part ownership (sorry, did not know the specific term in english).

Corinthians buying the other 50% lately is the most likely scenario. However, still makes me wonder how is it better than PSG`s full price offer...

Since Luiz is now doing great at Cm/Dm, we might sign another CB like Papadopoulos.

But what I would like to see absolutely most is (and as much realistic):

1.) Cheap, proven stiker -Villa, Llorente or Ba

2.) deep lying playmaker, experienced, if possible PL proven - Cabaye

3.) recall Essien. We need DM, but only for january. Then Mikel and Romeu should be given chance and then we will see if Mikel should be starter or not.

4.) Backup striker as Danny will likely leave: Wallcot as he is english, PL proven and cheap or Bony as he is also cheap and could turn into great striker.

Villa, Cabaye, Essien, Walcott/Bony?

Yes please!

Cech

Azpi-Terry/Cahill-Ivan/Luiz-Cole

Rambo/Luiz/Essien-Cabaye/Lamps

Mata/Moses-Oscar-Hazard

Villa/Wallcot or Bony