Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Emmm... What About no? We are CHELSEA, CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, not WBA. it's all the difference.

Mate Yacob is a full Argentine international, hes been picked ahead of Fernando Gago, Javier Mascherano, Ever Banega and other good MF players they have. He'd be a good buy in my opinion. Doesn't matter which club you play for, if you have the talent and ability you should be able to play at any level be it Champions League or Europa League.

Mate Yacob is a full Argentine international, hes been picked ahead of Fernando Gago, Javier Mascherano, Ever Banega and other good MF players they have. He'd be a good buy in my opinion. Doesn't matter which club you play for, if you have the talent and ability you should be able to play at any level be it Champions League or Europa League.

Exactly.

I don't know enough about him or how much he would cost to say if he'd be a good buy, but calling him an international is very generous. He's 25 and has 2 or 3 caps in friendlies for Argentina. He wasn't picked ahead of players like Gago or Mascherano. Countries just sometimes call up second-string players to play in meaningless friendlies. Both the friendlies I can find for Yacub, he played in lineups without any regulars (with players like Mouche, Hauche, and Valeri) Yacub is an international like Francis Jeffers and David Nugent were internationals and you certainly can't judge his ability based on having played 3 times for his national side.

I really want a cheap striker like Bony to sign in the window. Rather than spunk 50 million on Falcao, a cheap signing with basically no pressure could be great. He could be the next Jimmy Floyd we don't know.

And Bony will save our season? we can sign him and a world class one...

I really want a cheap striker like Bony to sign in the window. Rather than spunk 50 million on Falcao, a cheap signing with basically no pressure could be great. He could be the next Jimmy Floyd we don't know.

Why don't we just pull some League Two striker's name out of the hat - who cares if he fits our style or not? He'd be cheap and there would be zero pressure.

Or if we're going to be marginally less ridiculous, why not just promote Feruz to the first-team. At least he know's the system.

Or we could sign the striker who fits our current system, is arguably the best in his position, is AVAILABLE (because this isn't FM and players and clubs do have to agree to transfers) and is someone that we know the guy who we want to manage us in 6 months likes?

Oh, and if he doesn't work out here he'd still have value in the Spanish market, especially with Real Madrid.

Why don't we just pull some League Two striker's name out of the hat - who cares if he fits our style or not? He'd be cheap and there would be zero pressure.

Or if we're going to be marginally less ridiculous, why not just promote Feruz to the first-team. At least he know's the system.

Or we could sign the striker who fits our current system, is arguably the best in his position, is AVAILABLE (because this isn't FM and players and clubs do have to agree to transfers) and is someone that we know the guy who we want to manage us in 6 months likes?

Oh, and if he doesn't work out here he'd still have value in the Spanish market, especially with Real Madrid.

Because Madrid will buy a 27/28 year old flop from Chelsea :lol:

Did I mention anything about a League Two striker that doesn't fit the system? Did I mention any of even like that? No I didn't; I said cheap and used Bony as an example, I don't necessarily want him.

Stop being a hyperbolic sarcastic twat. I don't entertain you ideas with snide remarks.

Did I mention anything about a League Two striker that doesn't fit the system? Did I mention any of even like that? No I didn't; I said cheap and used Bony as an example, I don't necessarily want him.

Stop being a hyperbolic sarcastic twat. I don't entertain you ideas with snide remarks.

Sorry, but some of the points being made are ridiculous. There are logical reasons for us going after Falcao (like the fact he fits our style, like the fact he's available, like the argument that he's the best at what he does, like the fact Guardiola likes him) and some of the arguments against getting him are getting a little silly.

People say we should buy someone else but there's a lot of tumbleweed when someone asks who? Even if you get a name you then get weird reasons backing it up and people pretending their privy to our FFP situation.

By the way, you said you want a 'cheap striker' and then said Bony could be the next Hasselbaink.

Hasselbaink cost us £15 million (which was a club record fee).

Sorry, but some of the points being made are ridiculous. There are logical reasons for us going after Falcao (like the fact he fits our style, like the fact he's available, like the argument that he's the best at what he does, like the fact Guardiola likes him) and some of the arguments against getting him are getting a little silly.

People say we should buy someone else but there's a lot of tumbleweed when someone asks who? Even if you get a name you then get weird reasons backing it up and people pretending their privy to our FFP situation.

By the way, you said you want a 'cheap striker' and then said Bony could be the next Hasselbaink.

Hasselbaink cost us £15 million (which was a club record fee).

I didn't mean it the vein that Hasselbaink was cheap, just the fact that he scored a lot of goals in such a short time. People want a 20+ goal a season striker and that's what he was for a while. You missed the point. I was saying that the next big striker doesn't have to be a big name. Look at Swansea Michu cost what? 2 million? Why can't this club find transfers like that?

I don't give a toss about FFP, I just don't want another expensive flop. After Sheva and Torres it worrying that it could happen again. I don't think it would with Falcao but it very much could, just like it could happen to any other person.

And I don't buy into the statement that Falcao fits the current system.

I didn't mean it the vein that Hasselbaink was cheap, just the fact that he scored a lot of goals in such a short time. People want a 20+ goal a season striker and that's what he was for a while. You missed the point. I was saying that the next big striker doesn't have to be a big name. Look at Swansea Michu cost what? 2 million? Why can't this club find transfers like that?

I don't give a toss about FFP, I just don't want another expensive flop. After Sheva and Torres it worrying that it could happen again. I don't think it would with Falcao but it very much could, just like it could happen to any other person.

And I don't buy into the statement that Falcao fits the current system.

Jesus....how many clubs missed out on Michu? How many missed out on Cisse? These things happen, which is why transfers aren't an exact science. It's a wager at the end of the day.

I don't want an expensive flop but I also don't want us to miss out on Champions League football and that's more likely if we keep the current guy up front or get someone equally ineffective.

And I don't know why you don't buy the statement about Falcao and our system but I'd take a look at what we're trying to do at the club (not just in the first-team but also in the academy) and then ask what type of striker you do think we're looking for at our club. :dunno:

Jesus....how many clubs missed out on Michu? How many missed out on Cisse? These things happen, which is why transfers aren't an exact science. It's a wager at the end of the day.

I don't want an expensive flop but I also don't want us to miss out on Champions League football and that's more likely if we keep the current guy up front or get someone equally ineffective.

And I don't know why you don't buy the statement about Falcao and our system but I'd take a look at what we're trying to do at the club (not just in the first-team but also in the academy) and then ask what type of striker you do think we're looking for at our club. :dunno:

Once again I was just using Michu as an example. I didn't say the club should have bought him, I'm just saying that there are players out there that could do a magnificient job and we just don't know about them.

Jovetic or El Shaarway would be perfect for the pass wanking football the club want's to play.

Once again I was just using Michu as an example. I didn't say the club should have bought him, I'm just saying that there are players out there that could do a magnificient job and we just don't know about them.

Jovetic or El Shaarway would be perfect for the pass wanking football the club want's to play.

Falcao is in his prime, and should be for 4 or 5 more years. El Shaaraway (which is Arabic for 'Flavour of the Month') has barely had one good season, whilst Jovetic has had barely more than him whilst also having a fairly serious injury.

Now I'm not saying they couldn't be good options but I don't think the money you save buying them is going to make up for the lower chance that they'll have an immediate impact on our season. What we need is a guy who has a bit of experience, has shown consistency and is available at roughly market price which I think Falcao probably is (Aguero was about £38 million so roughly the same, give or take).

I'm actually under the impression that Sturridge will be sold, Torres retained, and then no major striker will come in. A back up striker is likely.

I'm then believe it or not beginning to believe that in the Summer, we may move for Neymar again.

He's not a powerful forward, but surely now that Roman has seen what our attacking trio can do, he'll want Neymar again!

I'm actually under the impression that Sturridge will be sold, Torres retained, and then no major striker will come in. A back up striker is likely.

I think we will try Falcao and if he does not come, we will buy whoever striker we find (cheap, shit, loan, whatever).

I'm then believe it or not beginning to believe that in the Summer, we may move for Neymar again.

He's not a powerful forward, but surely now that Roman has seen what our attacking trio can do, he'll want Neymar again!

Yeah, I think this more likely. And hey, I'm not gonna arguing with us bidding for Neymar. Just imagine him with our attacking trio. We would have the most frightening attack in the league.

I agree with Leif. We'll go for a budget player this window and hope for the best.

If it were any other manager than Torres' bum buddy I think we'd go all out for Falcao, but with each goal he scores I think we move farther and farther away from getting him.