Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I didn't mean it the vein that Hasselbaink was cheap, just the fact that he scored a lot of goals in such a short time. People want a 20+ goal a season striker and that's what he was for a while. You missed the point. I was saying that the next big striker doesn't have to be a big name. Look at Swansea Michu cost what? 2 million? Why can't this club find transfers like that?

I don't give a toss about FFP, I just don't want another expensive flop. After Sheva and Torres it worrying that it could happen again. I don't think it would with Falcao but it very much could, just like it could happen to any other person.

And I don't buy into the statement that Falcao fits the current system.

You don't think every team in the world wants to find transfers like that? Honestly if coming into the season had Chelsea spent 2M on Michu as our answer to fixing the striker situation everyone would be up in arms. Small clubs make gambles like that Big clubs go big!

team goals games top scorer (goals) % of team goals by top striker

Chelsea 72 29 Torres (14) 19,4%

Barca 80 28 Messi (37) 46,2%

Real M 68 28 Ronaldo (23) 33,8%

Man U 59 26 RVP (15) 25,4%

----

We are actualy doing well in scoring department, but we lack finisher who would decide big matches. Once we get him, we will be able to win regulary against top opposition. The service is there, but we still need someone who can score in any match. Torres cant score in big matches, that costed us victory against Corinthians, Juve home, United home,...

team goals games top scorer (goals) % of team goals by top striker

Chelsea 72 29 Torres (14) 19,4%

Barca 80 28 Messi (37) 46,2%

Real M 68 28 Ronaldo (23) 33,8%

Man U 59 26 RVP (15) 25,4%

----

We are actualy doing well in scoring department, but we lack finisher who would decide big matches. Once we get him, we will be able to win regulary against top opposition. The service is there, but we still need someone who can score in any match. Torres cant score in big matches, that costed us victory against Corinthians, Juve home, United home,...

RVP has only 15 goals? i thought he had way more.

I agree with the above actually ^^^

Sneijder would be on hideous wages, but if Lampard and Cole are to go we need an experienced player, and really, Sneijder is in his prime IMO. He's simply not getting to show it at Inter due to his contract dispute.

I'm assuming he'll end up at PSG, but he'd be very welcome here in my opinion. Rotating Mata/Oscar/Hazard/Sneijder.... fuck. I just came.

I like Snjeider, but he'd be a terrible signing. He needs to play behind the striker(s) and influence play like that to be at his best. He was Inter's Lampard under Mourinho If he wants to play there at Chelsea, he needs to take a number. He's fallen out of favour with Inter who are actually playing better without him. He's also going to be 29 in 6 months, is becoming increasingly injury prone, and is on massive wages. Just doesn't make sense for us on any level.

@sheva. Yeah, but it's 15 goals in 21 games. Torres has 14 goals in 29 games. It's a massive difference.

I like Snjeider, but he'd be a terrible signing. He needs to play behind the striker(s) and influence play like that to be at his best. He was Inter's Lampard under Mourinho If he wants to play there at Chelsea, he needs to take a number. He's fallen out of favour with Inter who are actually playing better without him. He's also going to be 29 in 6 months, is becoming increasingly injury prone, and is on massive wages. Just doesn't make sense for us on any level.

@sheva. Yeah, but it's 15 goals in 21 games. Torres has 14 goals in 29 games. It's a massive difference.

He certainly hasn't seemed the same since Mourinho and I do think injuries have taken their toll a little. I've always felt you need decent experience within the spine of your team, but in the attacking three I'm happy with our current options of Hazard, Moses, Mata and Oscar. All are young, full of energy and sharpness and it has made a big difference to our attacking play this season. I don't think Sneijder fits the same as those four, and if Marin is unfancied which seems to be the case and as a result we may be in the market for another player in that area of the field, I would like it to be another young player in the same mould as the other four.

On a separate point, I'm just wondering with all the talk about bringing in a new central midfielder, whether Chelsea take stock of the current situation and make a decision on giving David Luiz the opportunity to develop in that position. If this is going to be a transitional year, now is the right time to do it if we are going to. That being the case, it may be a centre back rather than centre midfielder we move for in January?

Sneijder, although a very good player, would only be welcomed if he takes a pay cut and accepts a rotational role with our 3 Amigos. The 3 Amigos would definitely take prioirty over Sneijder because they are young. Although this deal perhaps isn't really logical or realistic. Willian or even Alexis Sanchez would be a good deal.

Will they be willing to pay such high wages?

That's what I thought at first.

I'm guessing that if this deal happens, they'll pay half the wages while Inter pay the other half, and then Inter will sell him off to PSG or someone in the Summer.

That's what I thought at first.

I'm guessing that if this deal happens, they'll pay half the wages while Inter pay the other half, and then Inter will sell him off to PSG or someone in the Summer.

You might be right IF no other team makes any offer (which I find it dificult to happen).

Inter is not in its best financial days and it makes much more sense to get rid of his entire wage and make some good money...

Shit, looks like I was right.

Sneijder has agreed in theory to join Tottenham as they're interested (in loaning him) and he loves the look of London.

Inter want him out on loan as they won't play him but also can't sell him until Summer (because the only teams who can afford him don't want him this January).

Sneijder has apparently 'agreed a deal in principle' with Tottenham, but Tottenham and Inter are trying to negotiate something.

Schalke apparently want to sign him in Summer, while PSG's interest has cooled.

If the loan move at Tottenham goes well, Sneijder would be open to a permanent move and a pay-cut.

And RVP scored against big teams: Arsenal, Man City, a big game player, while 14 from 29 is not bad Torres has scored against lesser teams and consistently disappears against bigger oppositions, that is the key difference for me