Juan Mata

Severinb

I swear some people here would take 60 million from City for Hazard if they came calling just because "it makes financial sense and no player is bigger than the club".

AND I SWEAR some lame fan boys here would reject a 60 million City bid for Hazard even if Hazard stopped being a first team regular because the team seems to play better without him.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/25363

Check yourself. He played 12 games. Not a lot I admit but he didnt show enough in those 12 games.

he has created more chances in those games than oscar has in his entire season with us.

the mood is great, let's wait for Oscar to get another injury and one of our players getting a card or anything. will be so much fun than. maybe we can play Essien in that CAM role :)

Or Moses/Marin can come back! It could look very foolish when we are dying for creativity or have injuries.

Irregardless of whether he fits the system or not, would anyone disagree that he is our 2nd best player...by a distance? At 25 Oscar might be a better all round player, but he's too inconsistent now. Willian will never create the chances or goals Mata can

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/25363

Check yourself. He played 12 games. Not a lot I admit but he didnt show enough in those 12 games.

There's a difference between 12 full 90 minute games and game-time worth of 12 game. Figuratively speaking, he is getting blue balled every game without having the chance to work his 'magic'.

How is it hypocritical? Think you're using the wrong word there, Raph.

No Alex, it is exactly the word I was looking for!

How do you think a GIF of Mourinho celebrating (which is legendary btw) is supposed to sound like? The only answer I can think of is that you are happy about the deal.

Then to post you are not happy is very contradictory....

I'm happy with the fee. You wouldn't get even close to that after the World Cup, or from another club if United weren't so desperate.

I agree the fee is excellent, we couldnt ask for more!

However, I disagree that in the summer we wouldnt get huge offers for him. It is not just United that are desperate. Depending on this season results and transfers, there are a handful of teams that could want Mata. Even United could return with a 35mi or so offer for Mata in August (especially if we ask them to wait until the end of the season).

I understand United is very desperate, but who said they wont be in the Summer? Who said PSG wont want a great CAM to service Cavani (which they dont have) for next season (since Ibra might be leaving)?

There would indeed be plenty of teams for us to sell Juan in the next transfer window. Even if they dont reach 37mi, selling him for 30mi or so for a team in another country would be much better (imo)

I'm actually happy Juan is leaving because a - one or two fanboys might fuck off, but more importantly b - because he is a talented footballer and he deserves the chance to stake his claim for the World Cup. He's had a fabulous two and a half years here, which I'm thankful for. But I'm not going to kick up a shitstorm or shed any tears over it. I'm not happy he's being sold to United, but that damn-well beats him going to City or Arsenal. But with FFP we're going to have to start to fund transfers by selling fringe players. And a fringe player is what Mata is at the moment, folks, sorry to say. Life goes on.

I do agree with you on that one. I am of the opinion Mata should go. It will be better for both sides!

However, I totally disagree it should be done like that. Selling a great player on the middle of a competitive season and right after already weaking the AM postion by letting go of KDB.

Dont forget we still have UCL, EPL and FA Cup to worry about!

Only 1 assist lol just how shit is Torres.

so etoo and schurrle missing one on ones and open goals against everton is mata's fault. mata is CAM who has to create. he has done that more than the person who has played almost twice his time. LOL indeed.