Juan Mata

Severinb

remember when we were all laughing at Man U after beating them on the weekend? looks like the joke's on us

The joke will be on them again if after spending 37m on Mata, they continue to under preform (considering they never needed an attacking mid fielder in the first place) and at the end of the season, they are left without Rooney/possibly other key players AND they have no money to spend because their budged was dried with Fellaini and Mata.

so etoo and schurrle missing one on ones and open goals against everton is mata's fault. mata is CAM who has to create. he has done that more than the person who has played almost twice his time. LOL indeed.

If I had to chose between some one who creates 5 chances but doesnt defend or someone who creates 3 chances and defends, I know who Id go for.

Mata just couldn't adapt to Mourinho's style of football! he had to go but to United is a joke especially that we are not even getting Shrek out of the deal! I really hope Mata ends up playing Europa League football next season though!

Rumors about us activating Diego Costa's releasue clause...I think the sooner we sign someone like him (If it's even possible) the better, otherwise if we enter february without any major signing and Mata long gone it might have a negative impact on the club overall, especially if we struggle some games. imagine the chelsea hating media hype if United gets a couple of wins while we go through a rough period of games.

Can we get one thing straight, the majority of us aren't upset that Mata is getting sold. We understand that he doesn't fit jose's system. What we are angry about is him getting sold to united. They are declining as a club and we just sell them Mata to kick start there season? Only in Chelsea.

If Mata gets them top 4, you can bet your house that they'll go big in the next transfer window and they'll be right back challenging for major honours.

he has created more chances in those games than oscar has in his entire season with us.

not to nitpick and all, but go see which of the two was playing when we lost and draw most matches this season... or when we conceded the most... or when we allowed the most shots against Cech.

Nobody here - as far as I know - has ever said Oscar creates more chances than Mata, but that he works better in the team and in the system, which he does, he has the numbers to show as much.

Also I don't blame Mourinho if Mata didn't fit. Were we supposed to keep giving him chances if we kept offering our midfield to opposition? The problem was never how much he offered or not in the attack (although he didn't much in those many matches he's played), but how much he's compromised our midfield and how he didn't recover possession sufficiently (especially in the attacking third) enough. Of course he won't play if he doesn't contribute to the team and I think it's his right to ask to leave because he wants to play more.

As for this being a good move for Mourinho and Mata. I disagree on both to some extents. For Mourinho this represents nothing. He doesn't care (and recently got a lot of backup from media and more fans agreeing he shouldn't play Mata) nor does it affect his team or work. As for Mata I consider a clear step down on his career. ManUtd need a few more players to be back at the level of competitiveness they were. He's going to a weakened side, that is currently a mess, with a clueless manager, and probably won't play Europe. It's a bad career move imo, but I'm not sure how much of a voice he's had about where to go. On the other hand, maybe he's focusing only on having minutes. He'll get that just fine.

So...whoever shares your opinion and agrees with your is a true supporter, while whoever disagrees with you is a glory hunter and doesnt love Chelsea?

not at all, I couldn't give a fuck what others think.

It's just funny seeing everyone's fanny's whistle on the way down.