Juan Mata

Severinb

I still remember the baffling happiness from some posters on here after we sold Sturridge to those scouse cunts.

Dat profit really helped us didn't it?

Now all of a sudden those same people trying to justify that deal are the first ones to bump the Sturridge thread.

There's few posters on here displaying 'happiness' because of Mata's imminent departure - I really doubt people are actually glad that he is leaving. Since the start of the season there has been unrelenting speculation about Mata's place in our current team. I guess some people have made their peace (which I have not!)

Shouldn't be compared to Sturridge.

Albeit quite talented Sturridge is selfish, frustrating and generally a bit of an arse. Mata is a team player, humble and brilliant to watch when he is running the show.

Haha tell me about it. This is for Mata... imagine if we end up selling Hazard?!?!

At least in Hazard's case if we sold there wouldn't be a snowballs chance in hell it would be to a direct rival. And we'd be getting Bale money for him.

are u sure? wait for moment till we use the money on mata to buy salah.

ROFL

New sig?

This is like the Sturridge saga all over again...

Sturridge stood in the shadow of Torres. Not getting enough playtime. Played out of position. People calling him arrogant and whatnot without any reason really. People were glad he left. Came to Liverpool and flourished in every aspect of the game.

The same with Mata. I cant even believe some of the things people say about him.

Mata is not a disabled child who cannot adapt (to our current system). Claiming so is just fucking retarded. Mata has even created more chances than Oscar, and do consider how much Mata has played as #10 compared to Oscar.

Depends on perspective. I don't think it will impact us as much as letting Mata go will. This isn't even about Mata leaving, this is about selling to the wrong affiliate at a wrong time while weakening our own squad. Candy money, nothing more.

Right on the money!

Be that a different club, different time or different player, this deal would have been much better...

I'm so sad right now. People here yapping about how Mata is a squad player, he's our 4th or 5th best AM, we should be happy to get this much for a player who doesn't start, great business. I couldn't disagree more. I won't be able to convince these guys differently, just like they won't be able to convince me that this is a terrible decision. I'm not against selling Mata, but under the circumstances that United are in they are absolutely not paying enough of a premium. He is 25 years old for god's sake and people are saying his value will only go down. I will ask everyone who thinks this is a great sale, if someone told you that we'd be selling Juan Mata for 37M back in April or May to anyone in this world let alone Manchester United, would you back the sale? When we were in for Rooney this summer and United fans suggested a straight swap Rooney for Mata, us Chelsea fans laughed our asses off at the idea that Rooney at 28 yrs old, with recent fitness issues, and possibly unhappy to be reunited with Moyes would be considered in the same league as our Juan. Just a few months ago Mata for 37M was unthinkable. Now, because Mourinho and his system don't view Mata in the same light Mata's value drops to the point people here think we should be grateful for such a substantial offer? Mata is the same player today as he was a few months ago. He doesn't fit in Mourinho's team, but that doesn't mean he's worth a thank you and a handshake and an off you go to Man freakin united. 37M is not worth the signal this sends to the fans and is not worth reputation we are establishing. The happy campers can be happy all they want, they can cheer and be thankful that we made a profit. They can join in with 99% of Man United fans who can't believe how good of a deal they were able to negotiate. I think their happiness says all there needs to be said about this transfer.

Go Chelsea! I disagree with this deal, but I'm still waving that blue flag and backing the team!

This is a nightmare...I'm just praying for something to happen and Mata to stay at Chelsea.Why we should sell him to this f*cking club who is in our league and with the player like Mata they could go in top 4 of the league.Manure fans have already started celebrating and my friend was close to finish in his pants after reading some rumours about the deal...Please Chelsea board,don't let Mata go to manure.PLEASE.

but weren't people saying he deserved to go somewhere else?

I get whoever is pissed at him going to United I'm sort of pissed too (I'm just not completely pissed because I'm positive Moyes doesn't know how to use a player like him any better than a neanderthal knows how to use an iPad)... but then it's because of wherever he's going. Where are all the people saying he should go somewhere because he doesn't deserve the bench?

It seems it merged into one big group pissed he was sold - regardless of where - with a few exceptions of people being mad because it was sold to United...

can this thread be indefinitely closed once it's moved to the ex-blues board? It's going to be a a field day

Let's have a service #MataWidows

:ph34r:

Imagine the amount of new threads that would be created in tribute for him.

#cut4mata