Juan Mata

Severinb

Have you thought we might not be doing any of these two things and actually doing a bad bit of business?

Good business is not only about money...

Yes, in the past we have done some bad business, but recently we have been incredibly good in the market - There are few teams that have been better. I am certain we will sign somebody else following Mata's depature.

Yes and this season he is not and look how we have done.

We was a one man team, when Mata was not in the team we failed. We literally could not play without him. Mourinho has changed that, as blind as it is to everyone else, we are better without him. Cashing in on him now is the logical thing to do. Yes I understand the upset at selling to a rival, but if they are they only ones willing to meet our valuations and he wants to leave then it makes sense to sell him.

its not only due to Mata being dropped that we play better. Mou is just better coach than Benitez+AVB+RDM all together. futhermore he has signed Willian, which provides futher help for us. mou also has a bigger squad than 2 seasons before. so we have more squad depth. also, what if in 2,3 weeks we play shit with oscar-hazard-willian and need to change? who will come in? Ramires as a RW? Mata is still a valuable player and a game-changer on his own. oscar cant come ANY CLOSE to his offensive potential. yes, oscar is better defensively and is a great player too, but I think we could use BOTH of them until the summer. than, after the summer, wait and see who comes in and buys Mata. than you also have time to SPEND THE MONEY you get. not like now, where we have to do a transfer in a week.

and you could also say that we are now a one man team and really depending on Hazard. so, we have gone from Mata to Hazard-team..what a big difference...

If I had to chose between some one who creates 5 chances but doesnt defend or someone who creates 3 chances and defends, I know who Id go for.

"does not defend" its like everyone has been trained into a mindless to simply repeat the sentence irrespective of the argument.

we won the bloody CL with him defending on the pitch.

there is a difference in saying who is better for the team and then to simply ridicule a player who has given his everything for the club for the last 2 seasons and now has been treated like dog-crap.

and that is exactly what has happened to mata here. no one including me is saying that hazard-oscar-willian is not working and is not better than any combo that jose has tried so far this season. but to say that mata was given a fair chance is simply crap. if he had been given a fair chance, he would have played against derby to show his worth for the team.

He is a great player. And it sucks to see him go to Utd.

But we have gone from a team who was utterly reliant upon Mata (Last 2 Seasons), to one who has been doing pretty darn well even without him. That is a long process.

As for the "Lets sack the board". Players come and players go. Lets not forget we have Oscar Hazard Willian, Matic (Who would probably be of more use to Utd than Mata tbh), and countless others over the years. It sucks, but we will get over it. Get a grip people.

and people saying "he gave him a real chance". yeah by playing him out of position. lets play Ramires as a RW and see how he does there. if he plays shit, lets sell him. I mean, he couldnt adapt...

lets see if in a few months (hopefully not), people will still have the opinion, that the deal is great tough :)

Nope, some care about the bigger picture. I.E The club itself.

Ridiculous how you're going on. Mata IS NOT a god. Man the fuck up.

What the fuck are you on about?

Read all the stupid "Oscar vs Mata" and "Who should be the CAM" types of threads and see who I voted/defended. Start participating in the forum before accusing other people of opinions they dont even have!

The problem is that some people always think Chelsea does the right thing and nobody can disagree or contest our board/manager. But it isnt like that!

Dont try to convince me that selling Mata to United in the middle of a difficult season we already sold KDB is a good deal, because it isnt. In fact, I am the one trying to look beyond the 37mi for a squad player...

so etoo and schurrle missing one on ones and open goals against everton is mata's fault. mata is CAM who has to create. he has done that more than the person who has played almost twice his time. LOL indeed.

who cares if Mata has created more then Oscar? Mata is a more direct player then Oscar so its no surprise! Oscar offers much more, he has scored 9 goals, and has made 53 tackles in the PL more then Terry, Cahill, Cole, Ivanovic, and Mikel and is fundamental to the way we play!

Overall he is the better player, especially in the way Mourinho wants us to play.

"does not defend" its like everyone has been trained into a mindless to simply repeat the sentence irrespective of the argument.

we won the bloody CL with him defending on the pitch.

there is a difference in saying who is better for the team and then to simply ridicule a player who has given his everything for the club for the last 2 seasons and now has been treated like dog-crap.

and that is exactly what has happened to mata here. no one including me is saying that hazard-oscar-willian is not working and is not better than any combo that jose has tried so far this season. but to say that mata was given a fair chance is simply crap. if he had been given a fair chance, he would have played against derby to show his worth for the team.

To be fair he was more of a spectator during the CL final.

not to nitpick and all, but go see which of the two was playing when we lost and draw most matches this season... or when we conceded the most... or when we allowed the most shots against Cech.

Nobody here - as far as I know - has ever said Oscar creates more chances than Mata, but that he works better in the team and in the system, which he does, he has the numbers to show as much.

Also I don't blame Mourinho if Mata didn't fit. Were we supposed to keep giving him chances if we kept offering our midfield to opposition? The problem was never how much he offered or not in the attack (although he didn't much in those many matches he's played), but how much he's compromised our midfield and how he didn't recover possession sufficiently (especially in the attacking third) enough. Of course he won't play if he doesn't contribute to the team and I think it's his right to ask to leave because he wants to play more.

As for this being a good move for Mourinho and Mata. I disagree on both to some extents. For Mourinho this represents nothing. He doesn't care (and recently got a lot of backup from media and more fans agreeing he shouldn't play Mata) nor does it affect his team or work. As for Mata I consider a clear step down on his career. ManUtd need a few more players to be back at the level of competitiveness they were. He's going to a weakened side, that is currently a mess, with a clueless manager, and probably won't play Europe. It's a bad career move imo, but I'm not sure how much of a voice he's had about where to go. On the other hand, maybe he's focusing only on having minutes. He'll get that just fine.

the argument of the guy i posted was this. at this moment i am an emotional mess and i am not going to read thru this essay.

Check yourself. He played 12 games. Not a lot I admit but he didnt show enough in those 12 games.

hence the comparision of their chances created. also at this moment i am an emotional mess and i am not going to read thru this essay.

Yes, in the past we have done some bad business, but recently we have been incredibly good in the market - There are few teams that have been better. I am certain we will sign somebody else following Mata's depature.

For the tenth time, I dont think we shouldnt sell Mata. I actually think he must go!

However, this is not the team nor the time to sell him!

Anyways, we better agree to disagree or things will take a course I dont want it to...

What the fuck are you on about?

Read all the stupid "Oscar vs Mata" and "Who should be the CAM" types of threats and see who I voted/defended. Start participating in the forum befor acusing other people of opinions they dont even have!

The problem is that some people always think Chelsea does the right thing and nobody can disagree or contest our board/manager. But it isnt like that!

Dont try to convince me that selling Mata to United in the middle of a difficult season we already sold KDB is a good deal, because it isnt. In fact, I am the one trying to look beyond the 37mi for a squad player...

And it's Chelsea pushing this through is it? Have you ever considered that Mata wants this? I'm sure United aren't our first choice of clubs to sell to, but what if it's actually Mata that wants to go there? Should we refuse and just leave him unhappy? After everything he has done for the club?

The board are the easy guys to blame. Always the scapegoats. It's ridiculous.

Have people sat down and actually thought why we are not demanding Rooney? Has anyone thought we might have a different striker lined up?

Maybe. It wouldn't surprise me. The rooney thing would be convient, but he has proven to be a more effective no.10 imo, which is obviously not what we need. Though i would ofc welcome here very much to be our striker as that would be a supreme front 4 we would have.

Could cause problems at utd. I mean Mata would have to start at CAM i would think, so Rooney on the left. Kagawa back on the Bench. This is assuming RVP is fit. Not sure Rooney would be a huge lover of that.

Wow all you guys arguing need to get a grip! At the end of the day no Chelsea fan wants to see Mata leave, especially to Utd... But at the end of the day he's going because that's where he'll play and it'll make him happy and as Chelsea fans, after everything he's given us, his happiness is our happiness even if he leaves! :D

Last two seasons Mata was described as irreplaceable and Mr.Chelsea... let's wait a year or two and see how that changes :)

Last two seasons Mata was described as irreplaceable and Mr.Chelsea... let's wait a year or two and see how that changes :)

But that's the beauty of it. This isn't just a sale, it's a statement of intent by the board: Jose is here to stay and we are sticking with this new philosophy and project.